KW run, 5 star service from OL

Notices

KW run, 5 star service from OL

Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirty Bird
In these tough times for the boating industry, with a lot of complaints about everyone, thought I would put a positive note in.
Basically OL, kept us out of the broken propeller club the whole weekend. We were heading down thurs to KW from Miami, and coming into Islamorada the port motor was stalling. After calling Joe at Hideaway, we diagnosed a bad fuel pump diaphram. He got in touch with OL, and Gary and 2 others showed up at the lunch break with their truck, wheeled their toolboxes to the boat, and had the part, fixed it on the spot.

Then heading to KW, the last 30 miles a water pump hose came loose and was throwing water. 2 miles out, we blew a propeller blade, which we didn’t know at the time, boat just shook like hell. With that motor off, we limped in.
Called OL when we arrived, at 7 pm, Gary from OL calls, said they were on the boat dockside, fixed the fuel pump, took the prop off. Next day, they had Hideaway order a prop drop shipped. They also dockside changed the oil and filter in the motor losing the fuel diaphragm. Put the prop on sat, and we were on the water sat afternoon. I thought that was great service, and they did it prompto without me pushing them.

I thought that was stellar service, and made me a happy boater, and we had a great weekend.

Andy L.
Mike, his mom and dad, and the entire OL team ALWAYS treated us like we were the companys most important customer. They build great boats, and provide the personal touch, that makes the difference.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeCee
Not bad for a company that is supposively in Chapter11
This is simply BS, there is no truth to this. It made me sick to here such a rumor running around KW with no facts of any type! OL is doing bizz as usual, sure the economy has slowed things down, but it's by no means dead.

Also, OL won the Worlds at KW, the 43' driven by Joe Sgro, Nigel Hook and Mike Fiore ran the Chief Powered Whipple supercharged boat to victory!

Dustin Whipple
Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by obrien
The Lucas Oil OL guys won the SV extreme class that was new for this race. The Cat Killer had a couple of engine problems that kept them from winning even with a very large lead.
I think sunday would've been a good race where we could've seen some awesome races. The CK has been tested many times over and is certainly dialed in, not to mention toutiing 3300hp. The OL is a brand new boat and it was finished just before the races. After some adjustments, the boat was hauling the mail sunday, clearly out accelerated the CK until the OL had the motors overheating, then CK went by as the OL had to slow down. Turns out the OL had a faulty water valve that was shutting with the high water flow. Mike stopped the boat, moved the valve back, which gave CK a lead. They got it going again but the valve moved again. So Mike fixed it with some zip ties and got it running again, from then on, trouble free. In the mean time, CK had one of there PSI's seize (shoulda went Whipple ).
Old 11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DeeCee
Not bad for a company that is supposively in Chapter11
By the way, it's supposedly, not supposively! And there is no "supposedly", since Chapter 11 is public knowledge, there would be evidence, not a stupid rumor. So throw some mustard and ketchup on that hat and play your banjo like a good little boy!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Mike, his mom and dad, and the entire OL team ALWAYS treated us like we were the companys most important customer. They build great boats, and provide the personal touch, that makes the difference.
Did you see the blue, silver and green 43 in the poker run pits area? That thing is just a work of art. Twin 700scis and it runs 122mph! Full stereo, GPS, cameras......
Old 11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
By the way, it's supposedly, not supposively! And there is no "supposedly", since Chapter 11 is public knowledge, there would be evidence, not a stupid rumor. So throw some mustard and ketchup on that hat and play your banjo like a good little boy!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=supposively
Maybe its how you Cali dudes roll
Old 11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
This is simply BS, there is no truth to this. It made me sick to here such a rumor running around KW with no facts of any type! OL is doing bizz as usual, sure the economy has slowed things down, but it's by no means dead.

Also, OL won the Worlds at KW, the 43' driven by Joe Sgro, Nigel Hook and Mike Fiore ran the Chief Powered Whipple supercharged boat to victory!

Dustin Whipple
Did you ever think i said that sarcastically
Old 11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
definitly mr positive, 1st day registered 3rd post... but then again if they know so much, must be somebody unwilling to use their regular screen name (probably a beaker sneaking around again... )
If you do not know who "DeeCee" is...then you have not been on OSO long enough...
Old 11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
If you do not know who "DeeCee" is...then you have not been on OSO long enough...
Old 11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

since 2006, I was going on the fact only one person has given me grief over my hat..... probably because it wasn't made of duct tape..

Quick Reply: KW run, 5 star service from OL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.