Notices

Why as an american??????

Old 03-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why as an american??????

After 6 months of dealing with 911, WHY do they air a program like this????????????? Who cares about CBS ratings?? No disrespect to those involved, but enough is enough. Just at a time when the stock market, jobs and the economy are starting to improve. I can't see how this is going to improve anyone's moral. I'm usually not this involved, but I just had to speak what was on my mind. SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE...
Old 03-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

There is the chance that this will reopen the eyes of the American people that have become soft-hearted in the last few months as to why we are sending troops to help wipe out the people (read "animals") that did this terrible thing. I, for one, will not spend another dollar in an establishment that is not owned and operated by American people. And I don't care if I offended anyone.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

That is the other thought about airing this. I hope in the end that this is what americans think. Me as an AMERICAN am very sad. I also will think about where im spending my money.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too thought it was well done. I like the statment about it starting out as a project showing a boy becoming a man over 9 months, but he became a man in 9 hours.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

It was a great show and I personaly think we as AMERICANS need to be reminded that we are at war with a very smart and very cold ruthless group of scum. I feel that we need to pull our troups back and lett the scum group up and then drop in a tactical nuke and put the fear of AMERICANS into the eyes of all the scum on this earth that would even think about doing us harm. If they knew that we were willing to annilate them and everything they believe in in retaliation for their acts maybe they would think twice.....
Old 03-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

It shouldn't take a tragedy like this for us to be appriciative of those who serve our community. IM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:22 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Crazyhorse........Lets not forget!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2002, 10:24 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason why is very simple. We all needed a reminder. Along with the fact that the heroes,innocent people lost and so forth deserved a TRIBUTE like this!!!!! This speacial was very much needed.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:15 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

one friend of mine lost his dad
and my oldest friend (since we were 5 or 6) lost his sister

they are both really tired of being reminded of the fact that they will never see them again and both of thier lives were cut short in soem kind of horrible twisted melting hellish inferno.

and you know what really doesn't help, the "brough to you bo so and so" advertsing bull****

if they really wnated to do this to honor and pay tribute why are they splashing thier logos all over the place. If they really are doin this for humanitarians reasons they should hav epayed for it to be aired (which they did) and not said a word(which they didn't).

I was pretty offended by the nextel ads.

Last edited by puder; 03-11-2002 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:20 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

oh yeah in my personal opinion a TV special isn't going to help me to remeber the events of 9/11

the smell of the smoldering biuldings and the site of twisted metal being hauled out and the 1000s of workers is something i will never forget

Quick Reply: Why as an american??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.