Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Alive & Well (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198678-outerlimits-alive-well.html)

Outerlimits PB 11-11-2008 04:30 PM

Outerlimits Alive & Well

I am writing to address some of the rumors and disinformation being posted here on OSO. Outerlimits Powerboats is alive and well, we continue to build boats, develop new product and provide the best customer service in the industry.

Like every other company in this market we are faced with a rapidly changing business environment. We will continue to take the steps necessary to operate through the current downturn and be in a position to grow profitably again as the economy rebounds.

Our commitment to our customers and to the quality of our product remains our top priority, now more than ever we appreciate the loyalty and support of our owners, dealers, and suppliers.

I would also like to take this opportunity on behalf of all of the employees at Outerlimits to congratulate the Lucas Oil / Outerlimits Race Team on their win at the 2008 Key West World Championship.

Regards,

Aaron Crawford
General Manager
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats

Pro1 11-11-2008 05:17 PM

We will continue to take the steps necessary to operate through the current downturn and be in a position to grow profitably again as the economy rebounds.

So is Outerlimits operating under chapter 11 protection?

Whipple Charged 11-11-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pro1 (Post 2736950)
We will continue to take the steps necessary to operate through the current downturn and be in a position to grow profitably again as the economy rebounds.

So is Outerlimits operating under chapter 11 protection?

As I said previously, NO

There is no Chapter 11, there is no filing, no protection, nothing. BUSINESS AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck 11-11-2008 05:27 PM

A first class operation from all that I have seen. I wish the other big manufactures had poker run support like Outerlimits. Their crew not only takes care of their customers, but always trys to help out a broken poker run participant regardless of brand. I know that Jason is no longer with Outerlimits, but I had the pleasure of meeting him at Lake Cumberland Marine this year before the poker run and he made some minor adjustments to my boat (about 1 1/2 hrs. ) and refused to take any money for his time.If Jason is an example of Outerlimits people there is no doubt they will weather this market just fine. Good Luck, and I look forward to your future projects.

Outerlimits PB 11-11-2008 05:35 PM

We appreciate your concern Pro1 but NO we are not operating under any form of bankruptcy protection, nor do we have any intention of doing so in the future.

To simplify my earlier statement, due to the slow economy, we are making adjustments to our business model along with every other manufacturer in the country.

Strip Poker 388 11-11-2008 05:55 PM

The professionalism of a business/manf that comes on this web site making a statement is pretty cool:drink:best of luck to all of us in these slow times.

hunster 11-11-2008 06:11 PM

From what I've seen at THE poker run I attend each year , The support from the OL crew Is awesome and a model to follow. I'm sure Chuck owning a nor tech is used to similar treatment if he runs in fl. They are another 1st class operation and I wish everyone good luck in this business enviornment. I feel it in my business too. Hell , My wife got let go today after 10 years !!! Not good out there.

phragle 11-11-2008 06:44 PM

in a tight economy, customer service is even more important.

Chuck 11-11-2008 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by hunster (Post 2736999)
From what I've seen at THE poker run I attend each year , The support from the OL crew Is awesome and a model to follow. I'm sure Chuck owning a nor tech is used to similar treatment if he runs in fl. They are another 1st class operation and I wish everyone good luck in this business enviornment. I feel it in my business too. Hell , My wife got let go today after 10 years !!! Not good out there.

That is correct. This summer we were doing the Destin Poker Run in my friends 45 Sonic and we had a problem. Bob and the rest of his crew from Nor-Tech spent a couple of hours in the engine compartment trying to get us running . They did get us fixed and thanks was all that was required. I have also seen this level of service from Joe and Wayne from Sunsation. The companies that are able to service their customer base are the ones who will be standing when all this economic turmoil settles.

stecz20 11-11-2008 06:51 PM

good stuff.......

THEJOKER 11-17-2008 03:39 PM

1ST Class Company!

getchasum111 11-17-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2737059)
good stuff.......

i agree....take care of your customers and word of mouth will sell ya a few extra boats....:cool-smiley-027:

sy goldberg 11-17-2008 06:05 PM

Stecz's Need For Help At A Poker Run

He broke an oar and his factory support team replaced it on the spot.:evilb::evilb::evilb:

wrinkleface 11-17-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 2741603)
He broke an oar and his factory support team replaced it on the spot.:evilb::evilb::evilb:

I thought the battery 4 his electric motor just needed charging!!!!!! Good 4 OL, glad 2 here things R as good as can B!!

Top Banana 11-17-2008 06:38 PM

I have seen a lot of high performance boat companies over the years...... and I would rank Outerlimits as one of the very best.

What they are doing, both in terms of customer support and constantly improving their products, will only go to insure that they will be a player long after other companies have gone into the history books.

The economy has changed drastically for everyone, but companies like this one will not only survive, but will be one the leaders in the coming years.

Keep up the great work Fiores, we all need the good example.

AB From Windsor 11-17-2008 08:44 PM

It's always great to hear so many accolades on here for a company in the boating business that is doing everything right for their clientele, when you hear so much about many others that couldn't give a dame.

302Sport 11-17-2008 08:48 PM

This may only be rumors but I have heard through the grapevine that Lake cumberland is going under and they have 15 new OL's in stock that OL because of legal reasons is required to purchase back from Lake Cumberland at 80% of what they were originally purchased by Lake Cumberland for......is this true and if it is what is going to be the outcome?????

Back4More 11-18-2008 05:53 AM

ouch

SkiDoc 11-18-2008 05:54 AM

I'm glad that OL is in good shape. I admire the way they have run their business, first class all the way. Best of luck to them!

SLINGSHOT 11-18-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2741719)
This may only be rumors but I have heard through the grapevine that Lake cumberland is going under and they have 15 new OL's in stock that OL because of legal reasons is required to purchase back from Lake Cumberland at 80% of what they were originally purchased by Lake Cumberland for......is this true and if it is what is going to be the outcome?????

it would make sense to file a chapter 11 if thats the case......15 boats is crazy!!!! to buy back

THEJOKER 11-18-2008 09:20 AM

I've never heard of a program like that. When I was a Cig dealer it was pay up front for anything you have in inventory. Then it was keep what ya got and good luck.

302Sport 11-18-2008 09:59 AM

i may be wrong but i think having that buy back clause was the only way the bank would lend the money and keep the interest within reason......................

TOASTY 11-18-2008 10:12 AM

OL does make a great product. But there is no need to feed the wolves by giving Co info. Moreover, you may consider yourself to not be volunteering information however some can read between the lines. In time a company that produces boats in the future will be seen as "weathering the storm."

I.E. Dont tell the public your re adjusting to the times - it means your either making a cheaper boat or laying off employees or reducing costs at some other level.

Wishing all boat companies and employees calm seas for 2009 and beyond!

Chris Del Collo
Business & Real Estate Management
856-904-1961

getchasum111 11-18-2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2741719)

i went by LCM yesterday and everything looked
fine...all bays were full and busy....new fountain displayed out front and all the outerlimits sitting were they always are.....looked just like it did at the same time last year....but that may be part of the problem huh....

DollaBill 11-18-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2741967)
i may be wrong but i think having that buy back clause was the only way the bank would lend the money and keep the interest within reason......................

Thats correct for most. Havent been involved with Cig for a lng time so I don't know their specific deals. Buyback is usually at 60-70% of original dealer invoice.

With that being said, rumors are no good for anyone and there are ALWAYS rumors floating around (no pun intended LOL) that aren't true. OL is a very well run company and I'm confident they have their act together

bunbuster 11-18-2008 12:15 PM

I think all floor plans have that same Clause.

Dean Ferry 11-18-2008 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TOASTY (Post 2741974)
OL does make a great product. But there is no need to feed the wolves by giving Co info. Moreover, you may consider yourself to not be volunteering information however some can read between the lines. In time a company that produces boats in the future will be seen as "weathering the storm."

I.E. Dont tell the public your re adjusting to the times - it means your either making a cheaper boat or laying off employees or reducing costs at some other level.

Wishing all boat companies and employees calm seas for 2009 and beyond!

Chris Del Collo
856-904-1961

toasty,
that's what I was kinda thinking, "readjusting" and the whole reason for the thread in the first place, seems rather reactive. I hope all the builders/dealers make it thru this tough time.........
Dean

TOASTY 11-18-2008 02:09 PM

Thank you Dean!

I am sure OL will be fine.
Sometimes business owners are unable to reserve comment and must address all outsiders view points or criticism with personal or confidential info. OL and their representatives need to be aware that their customer service at poker runs (although I have not been to one & simply just read about their quality service) which goes above and beyond will speak volumes about their staying power

Chris Del Collo
856-904-1961

packinair 11-19-2008 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2742018)
, rumors are no good for anyone and there are ALWAYS rumors floating around (no pun intended LOL) that aren't true.

if I posted up everytime I heard a rumor about Bill oso would have over 3 million posts, but with him 99% turn out to be fact.:drink:

29KILROY 11-19-2008 01:38 PM

Great to hear about OL! I met Mike this year @ the Seneca Lake run and all I can say is he and his crew are a class act.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-01-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Outerlimits PB (Post 2736900)
Outerlimits Powerboats is alive and well,

Regards,

Aaron Crawford
General Manager
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats

Welcome to the Forum Aaron.

I am very happy to hear that OL is alive and well.

Perhaps you can help me ? :confused:

Could you put me in touch with a direct contact of the OUTERLIMITS' Billing Dept. ?

All other communications seemed to have failed... :(

You can Private Message me on OSO or email me through my website:

SharkeyMarine.com

Thank you !

Best regards,

Sharkey

Jupiter Sunsation 01-01-2009 01:04 PM

Thought Marilyn DeMartini was the OL spokesperson?

ZP'd 01-01-2009 02:55 PM

There's a thread on SW where a advertiser has some issues with OL billing as well. Hopefully OL can weather the storm, and take care of their vendors who help promote the product. Scary times.

Cash Bar 01-01-2009 03:07 PM

Marilyn had moved on some time ago I believe. I saw her at LIBS and she wasn't dressed head-2-toe in OL gear.

mmareno 01-01-2009 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ZP'd (Post 2768776)
There's a thread on SW where a advertiser has some issues with OL billing as well. Hopefully OL can weather the storm, and take care of their vendors who help promote the product. Scary times.

I was reading this thread and it kinda give merrit to the other on SW.. The company must be trying to stretch the dollar to get through this very difficult time..
Well Smart, Strong people WILL get through this.

I wish all of them well.

fountainracing65 01-02-2009 01:35 AM

Car dealerships have that floorplan clause. cant imagine boats are different.