Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
I see checkered flags in your future.
All I see is a CHECKERED PAST in his future.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been receiving email after email regarding this situation. Story after story of JC's way of dealing with others in the same fashion I was. I had 5 people suggest I forward this thread to Key West officials, the Mayor and the Conch Board of Directors to let them know how JC's dictatorship has hurt the attendance of race week in Key West year after year. Maybe if the Key West officials realised this they may open up the Annex to other organisations that could really do a good job. I couldn't understand why the other organizations decided to hold their "worlds" in north Florida rather then Key West. Now I see, it's probably because they can't deal with carbonell.
I had an idea, what if we came up with a professional letter "obviously NOT written by me"! and a petition that the Annex should be opened up to other groups that are more willing to work with others that will help our sport. We may have a chance of making a change.
remember years ago? When you would go to the Worlds and there were 120+ boats with thousands of spectators! Maybe we can have that again! Any thoughts??
Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I raced at the JOINT Worlds in '04. It was the greatest racing I have ever been around.

It was also my LAST race.

The dysfunctional personalities drove me away from the fractured sport.

I still have great friends that race, I just couldn't be a part of what it has become.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last year, when we went to Key West, we needed race fuel. I asked an official if it was ok if I went over to the fuel truck and got fuel. It was going into a 300 gallon tank in the back of the truck. We needed race fuel and only had about 15 gallons in the boat. The officials were rude and we were in a bind so I was unable to express my true feelings. Carbonell was beyond being a tool. A special thanks to Dave Branch and Dave Woods we got it accomplished.

Gino,
Something, that you posted, that Carbonell said has me intrigued. I'm curious. What is John Carbonell's problem with Stu Jones and his FPC poker runs??? That's my QUESTION?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
No offense...but there is no comparison to watching racing as opposed to poker runs.Yeah the current state of offshore racing needs some major improvements;but racing is still racing.
None taken. I just mean that right now I would go to Key West to watch the poker run boats in the harbor and around the docks if the race boats weren't there. I would not go if the poker run boats weren't in town; not enough boats for me to spend the money to travel all that way. At this time, the poker run boats make the week for me. I do still love to watch the races since I am there.

Last edited by boater31v; 11-13-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'll bet he kicked you out of the pits because Reggie told him to. Reggie probably did not want your boat there for obvious reasons. I think those two are so far up each other's a$$es it's not funny.

BINGO!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Gino,
Something, that you posted, that Carbonell said has me intrigued. I'm curious. What is John Carbonell's problem with Stu Jones and his FPC poker runs??? That's my QUESTION?
I could obviously be wrong, but in 06 I believe FPC and SBI/APBA had a contract of some sort to sort of combine the races and the poker run together(in KW) which would have brought at least 50 PR boats into the pits and something like 3 showed up in the pits and 10 showed up to do parade laps b4 the races. As I stated above I dont know the specifics of the contract nor is it any of my business, I just remember a press release from SBI stating such to that effect.

Another disclaimer is that I have no dog in the fight and in reading Gino's post I find the situation apaulling, but over the years I've learned(usualy the hard way) that whether I like it or not, JC runs his business his way and when the Bubba bashing starts on here he will never respond and explain, but keeps doing what he does and has done for 30 some odd years, producing races. I know in both of my businesses I have done it my way and no matter how hard I tryed, I could never keep everyone happy.

I know it has been staightened out on here, but I must reiterate that Richard/Pat Deitrich(Race Control) are two of the most wonderful people in the world, Richie Dancision is not only firm but fair, but also is a class act; and the whole Medical staff is a pleasure to be around and all of the above made my time in the past as a racer some of the best memories in recent years.

Trent

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 11-14-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=F1-00 Racing;2739287]I could obviously be wrong, but in 06 I believe FPC and SBI/APBA had a contract of some sort to sort of combine the races and the poker run together(in KW) which would have brought at least 50 PR boats into the pits and something like 3 showed up in the pits and 10 showed up to do parade laps b4 the races. As I stated above I dont know the specifics of the contract nor is it any of my business, I just remember a press release from SBI stating such to that effect.

This was not something that was told to anyone until we were already in Key West and it was because of SBI's low turn out. The problem is everyone that came down on the Poker run, drove their boat to Key West. The trailers were left in Miami. Very few people had their trailers brought down.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I raced at the JOINT Worlds in '04. It was the greatest racing I have ever been around.

It was also my LAST race.

The dysfunctional personalities drove me away from the fractured sport.

I still have great friends that race, I just couldn't be a part of what it has become.
Some dysfunctional personalities also got you there that year

Last edited by JuCo; 11-21-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Why does the poker run go on the same week? Go a differant week and see what happens.
MD

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.