Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

It's way too long of a trip to get to KW for so little racing.

I was shocked to see races as short as 17 miles ? What's up with that ?

Sorry to hear your issues Gino.

No need for me to post my experiences here. There are already some long threads on it from last season...

Key West - SOS !

It will change. It is only the matter of time.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 11-15-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I was shocked to see races as short as 17 miles and also learned they did not run outside on Sunday ? What's up with that ?
They definitely raced outside. The Popeyes crew knows all too well.

The racing is still a cluster, same ole, same ole.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
They definitely raced outside. The Popeyes crew knows all too well.

The racing is still a cluster, same ole, same ole.
Thanks ! I was misinformed by a co-worker... He must have meant the run along the beach in which they have not had that course in years.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Man, what a Marketing Moron. As Gino's boats attract easily as much attention as any race boat, likely more, they should have let him in for FREE! Can't believe you were willing to pay THEM to begin with, Gino. Guess he is best buds with Reggie...
I've seen gino's boat up close, it's an awesome rig, that's for sure. I can't imagine any reason in the world why JC wouldn't want the MB sponsers to be involved in the pits/parade? I mean we aren't talking about a Toyota sponsered boat here! Who wouldn't want that kind of exposure!?
Baffling.......
Dean
Old 11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
I've seen gino's boat up close, it's an awesome rig, that's for sure. I can't imagine any reason in the world why JC wouldn't want the MB sponsers to be involved in the pits/parade? I mean we aren't talking about a Toyota sponsered boat here! Who wouldn't want that kind of exposure!?
Baffling.......
Dean
Dean, I see your point and agree that Gino has an absolutely awsome boat. JC has had years of experience with people saying that they were going to bring all sorts of money to the races only to have them enjoy the hospitality and not produce a dime. If the Mercedes people were actually considering putting in some sponsor money, you think that someone would have contacted JC before the boat appeared at the pits. That's the wrong way to do business.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJD
Dean, I see your point and agree that Gino has an absolutely awsome boat. JC has had years of experience with people saying that they were going to bring all sorts of money to the races only to have them enjoy the hospitality and not produce a dime. If the Mercedes people were actually considering putting in some sponsor money, you think that someone would have contacted JC before the boat appeared at the pits. That's the wrong way to do business.
The Mercedes guys were with me for a casual weekend. No meetings or any type of negotiations of any kind. They came down for a boat ride and to see what The worlds is all about. I had no intentions of going to the pits at all. I assumed the boat was going to be in the water as we drove it doen in the Poker run. I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.
I have a very casual relationship with the Mercedes guys.
I handle my business relationship with Mercedes just fine. To tell you the truth, i wouldn't put my sponsors into Carbonells hands. Even if I was thinking of it, it wouldn't be during the worlds in the parking lot of the pits at 6pm the night before a race. That would be bad business.

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 11-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;2740898] I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.

OK........I'm back..........

Lubejobs.............and while you were in the pits, were you going to register as a racer?
Which would "QUALIFY" you to be in the pits and the parade?
I must have missed that part.

Pat D.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a view point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a lot of posts here missing Ginos point.
Todays race circuit is a joke.. I know several racers who won't race anymore for many reasons.. JC and the KW thing is not the issue. SHould be a change?? yes.. should JC be out of the picture? yes. He talks to many people like he is the "only thing in racing".. Kinda like Redgie.. both errogants and thinks they are the only thing in boating. "v" bottems,, racing. or whatever.

But Ginos point is that he tried to do something, and he got treated like chit.. Not professionally.. not in a manner that a media.. and public event organizers ahould treat any other boater. I bet a years salary, that if Gino would have received an understanding, professional and kind decline to his request we wouldn't be reading this thread. It's all about principles, and the sad thing is that many lacking in this. Carbonell's lacking tactfullness is just an example. (I'm not to crazy about a lot of the KW personnel and the $ hungry attitudes anyways)
If.. JC and his staff would tell Gino,, in a "nice", casual way that there are insurance issues.. or protocols or whatever and "This" can't be done right now.. Gino would have just turned away said OK... I understand and drove away with a smile and would think to himself.. ok we tried.. let's try something else.. There is a way to talk to people and JC has no clue.
I think that's Ginos point.. (as well as mine.. since I taked to JC about something else last year..) that he has no personality skills. He doesn't belong to a public event when he creates problems for the future of offshore racing.
There is a way to treat people, even if the answer is a "NO". My .02
Old 11-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Pat D;2740919]
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.

OK........I'm back..........

Lubejobs.............and while you were in the pits, were you going to register as a racer?
Which would "QUALIFY" you to be in the pits and the parade?
I must have missed that part.

Pat D.
Since you were gone........Go back and read the begining posts. I was asked to put my boat in the Parage because Fury couldn't make it and John was short one boat. I thought this would be a way to help get some exposure for my sponsor since we had a mechanical issue. That's why I was in the pits. We already went over this so you may want go back and get caught up since you were gone.

As for me registering as a racer....I raced SBI for 3 years and will never race with SBI again. Do you happen to remember a few years back when Doug Kelly of Bankbeaters was cheating for half the season? He was running 700 hp engines when it was a 500 HP class. This whole situation I have not even brought up the fact that Carbonell, stuck up, covered up, and lied for Doug kelly becuase Doug kelly threw tons of money at JC. John refused to accept our official protest signed by every other participant in the class along with $2500 cash ar required in the rulebooks to file a protest. Surely you must remember this because its when SBI really started falling apart. So Pat, I had no intentions of racing.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Just a view point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a lot of posts here missing Ginos point.
Todays race circuit is a joke.. I know several racers who won't race anymore for many reasons.. JC and the KW thing is not the issue. SHould be a change?? yes.. should JC be out of the picture? yes. He talks to many people like he is the "only thing in racing".. Kinda like Redgie.. both errogants and thinks they are the only thing in boating. "v" bottems,, racing. or whatever.

But Ginos point is that he tried to do something, and he got treated like chit.. Not professionally.. not in a manner that a media.. and public event organizers ahould treat any other boater. I bet a years salary, that if Gino would have received an understanding, professional and kind decline to his request we wouldn't be reading this thread. It's all about principles, and the sad thing is that many lacking in this. Carbonell's lacking tactfullness is just an example. (I'm not to crazy about a lot of the KW personnel and the $ hungry attitudes anyways)
If.. JC and his staff would tell Gino,, in a "nice", casual way that there are insurance issues.. or protocols or whatever and "This" can't be done right now.. Gino would have just turned away said OK... I understand and drove away with a smile and would think to himself.. ok we tried.. let's try something else.. There is a way to talk to people and JC has no clue.
I think that's Ginos point.. (as well as mine.. since I taked to JC about something else last year..) that he has no personality skills. He doesn't belong to a public event when he creates problems for the future of offshore racing.
There is a way to treat people, even if the answer is a "NO". My .02
Thanks to Pats post I do have a change of heart on this issue. I as long as my fellow racers Zipp Express, Peppers, Fastboats.com, Xtrememarine, How Sweet it is etc. were screwed by JC and SBI. JC needs to be knocked down a peg. I wonder what it sould take $$ for Key west to entertain another option for Worlds? I think we should at least look into it.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.