Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198706-john-carbonell-lives-up-his-bad-reputation.html)

DJD 11-12-2008 09:30 AM

Flip side of the coin:
We had two spots reserved at an APBA race (Baltimore). One for F2-07 "Wild Child" and one was for the motor home. We decided not to bring the motor home so I had one of our guys bring my Cigarette so our friends could go out on it & watch the race. No go! We were told "no poker run/pleasure boats allowd in the pits". End of story.
Does OSS allow pleasure boats in the pits?

sellsman11 11-12-2008 09:34 AM

Sad...VERY sad......One word sums up the problem with Gino's story AND racing as a whole......EGOTISTICAL!!!

Wahoo ATV 11-12-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2737542)
Sad...VERY sad......One word sums up the problem with Gino's story AND racing as a whole......EGOTISTICAL!!!

I honesty don't believe you can say that about the OPA. We pride ourselves on being a friendly community that will go beyound to help one another, our fans and volunteers.

lowblue320 11-12-2008 09:41 AM

WOW, I cant believe what I just read....I know of a boat that came in on the poker run with Stu, that is a year old Fountain 35 and had a drive problem and couldnt get it out of gear. They made a call to Reggie and explained the situation, he then asked my friend to take the boat to the pits and the Fountain team took care of it and fixed it for him at N/C in the pits with there race crew....must be all the dollars he (Reggie) spends with him ???? or maybe hes also afraid for the cat killer.... lol

Gino I spoke to you at the race, let me know if you ever find the videos.....

sellsman11 11-12-2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV (Post 2737547)
I honesty don't believe you can say that about the OPA. We pride ourselves on being a friendly community that will go beyound to help one another, our fans and volunteers.

I agree with you 100%!!!!

jayboat 11-12-2008 09:49 AM

Funny... I've never heard anyone say anything nice about that guy. Makes me wonder if there might be something to it...

Good to see you, Gino- thanks for the shirt!

getchasum111 11-12-2008 10:29 AM

hell he is one of the main reasons offshore racing was split into so many factions....never have i heard anyone say anything positive about the man....just a jerk....

Dean Ferry 11-12-2008 10:39 AM

Gino,
What goes around, comes around!
Dean

BLee 11-12-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by shifter (Post 2737349)
I have talked to John several times he is very straight forward. I am sure if you had talked to John before you were inside the gate he would have no problem.

If you were not there to race and you were not signed up with SBI, then you really did not need to be there.

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

LOL, whatever.....:rolleyes: That's exactly why you'll never have real sponsors in your "sport". Those races would have been gone years ago without the poker run bringing the fans down to watch.

He had Mercedes f-cking Benz there interested in spending more advertising money, but I guess urinalmint.com sponsorships are bringing in all the cash they can handle.:rolleyes:Brilliant.

GoFastSonic 11-12-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV (Post 2737547)

Have to agree!! We raced our 1st year with OPA and enjoyed it and everyone was friendly and helpful to us, being one of the new teams on the block. Thanks OPA