Notices

OSS racing in 09

Old 11-19-2008, 05:04 PM
beelzebub

One Boss ! ....oss !

Last edited by beelzebub; 11-19-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classes

do you wanna move forward or talk about.
yes i understand that the top cat turbine and extreme teams have tons of $$$ wrapped up, but have them race by themselves. those guys should have supercat teams also, geez, JBS's truck probably cost more than a supercat. as for the rest of the cats here in the states, unless the old peir 57 boat comes back WHM will be the longest. most everyone is running shorter boats 388 skaters and 39 mti's. these boats are closer to the cat lite and agian it confuses people. plus don't confuse overall boat lenght of a 50 mystic. its running surface is only 43'. i think?

one cat class set up like Class 1 the 850's can stay and the 750 could tweak there motors and run with the the SC boats. hp to weight. plus you would have to continually look at whos winning and change weights or something so everyone has a chance to win. maybe invert the starting lineup from who won the last race. no ones racing for big prize money so this way all teams would have a better shot of winning.

the tech issue for the 750's was just resolved when you guys decided to have a P1 type class. just have an officail go and watch the dyno testing. seal as many motors as you want. the teams would have to pay a reasonable cost for this to be done. and have points for keeping the same motor all year and get away from the high maintence 510 supercat motor specs or keep um since the racing will be based on hp to weight.

as a "wise man" just told me, you don't see NASCAR sprint cup, busch and trucks series running at the same time. and even better offshore is like throwing F1, indy and go carts in there all at the same time.

as for cat lite and SVL they can either find a home within the production classes and race the day before. with the last race of that day (saturday) being the turbine and extreme boats.

we need to have only one main class in vee and cat or it's just a show. i can't think of any other form of motor sports that puts up with a racing field of just 4 or 5 entries per class and sometimes just one!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
beelzebub

oss is the best

Last edited by beelzebub; 11-19-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My issue with just one main class is who will show? You will still be back to 5 boats for the main event. The existing teams have too much money tied up in there programs to do it all over again. If you go to class1 rules you will have even less. I thought the SCL and the 850 could combined but after a meeting with the existing teams they felt it was not a good idea. Reward the classes with the biggest boat count and try to build off that. If the larger classes get more attention maybe other teams will build there boats to race in those classes.
MD
Old 11-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered

How about OSS have another meeting and vote to allow (or not) the 368 hull into 850 class, and while we are at it why not also vote to allow (or not) 750 boats. In key West both the 750 and 850 boats were close enough around the course. I don't think there is that much tweaking of the rules to have parity with these boats, and with P1 rules happeneing the dyno facility is already there for the 750 engines too. I am sure this would bring maybe 4 more boats into this class, and there could be at least 8 at each event next year. We need more boats in less classes, surely this is a way to increase the 850 fleet at least. I know that at least Tony would be ok with this and I am sure the other 750 boats would follow. At least lets see how this could develope.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 AM
Registered

While we are at this why not allow hulls from 32 to 36 in Cat lite, surely this could open the class to many more boats, for now the cat lite class has become a one hull/engine spec class. Top speeds could be governed by prop rules like 850.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered

Default i'm with him

Originally Posted by SpecialFX
How about OSS have another meeting and vote to allow (or not) the 368 hull into 850 class, and while we are at it why not also vote to allow (or not) 750 boats. In key West both the 750 and 850 boats were close enough around the course. I don't think there is that much tweaking of the rules to have parity with these boats, and with P1 rules happeneing the dyno facility is already there for the 750 engines too. I am sure this would bring maybe 4 more boats into this class, and there could be at least 8 at each event next year. We need more boats in less classes, surely this is a way to increase the 850 fleet at least. I know that at least Tony would be ok with this and I am sure the other 750 boats would follow. At least lets see how this could develope.
i think this is the best bet. no offense to the turbine guys and extreme cats and vees but as you can see the the P1 and Class 1 guys have alot better racing and show since the only have the one class.

cat lite should be just that. the 368 skaters are really close to what the 388 are and the mti's are that the same size boat in some cases. just 850 or 525 power. look at what the aussies and NZ guys are doing. Class 1 type big cats, 30 to 35 cat lite and than a cat O/B. this way there is a noticable difference between them and people can tell them apart.

if the OSS wants to move foward your going to have to hurt someone's feeling. if they want to race than they will find away. if not than they weren't really there to support offshore racing. we all understand that sbi is going nowhere, if it wasn't for sarasota and KW sbi would shut down. the opa is strong with the production classes and good open water races. this leaves the ball in your court??
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't care how many boats show up to a race, if it's not on TV (on tape) the masses won't care. You have to have a Major TV. contract.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do need 2 Premier Classes that race on Sunday. Everyone is trying to move up to those 2 classes and race on Saturday. The Sunday race should have TV, sponsors and professional teams. Real Professionals, where the owner isn't the sponsor/driver etc. Hired guns. Build it and hopefully they will come. That is how every successfull motorsport does it.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That has been one of the major problems and why there hasn't been major sponsors to the sport, no major T.V. Stations covering the races.

Quick Reply: OSS racing in 09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.