Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Kid Rock buying a house on St. Clair River? >

Kid Rock buying a house on St. Clair River?

Notices

Kid Rock buying a house on St. Clair River?

Old 03-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, I agree about the informality. That's what made it so much fun. We were first-timers and a little nervous at first, but felt comfortable by the time we rafted up and met everyone.

2 ideas:
-Have a social hour or happy hour before the official meeting time

-Meet and eat at a restaurant FIRST, then head out and run.

Rick, are you going to ask KR about his new home purchase when you see him at the concert?
Old 03-12-2002, 02:13 PM
MikeStar

I'm wondering if the house might not be on the river itself - lots of big homes on the run up to Port Huron...

Old 03-12-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

Scheuer10,
It's almost 4 months out, and alot can change between now and then, for everyone, so I'd rather wait till it's closer and we've really got the itch, afterall this isnt moca, we dont need to be formal and well planned, just ready to have fun, which I do every weekend like a good boater should!!

I'd like something sooner than the end of june. One a month sounds good still and the last weekend of the month is alot of weekends into the month, definitely could be sooner, but I like opinions, from everyone to attempt to accomidate everyone we can, for maximum attendance, and that's tough to do this early.

That house could be anywhere along the river, there's a ton of jawdropping houses along the river. When I was the lead patrol boat for the st clair races I was all over that area 2-3 miles either way and the mansions one after the other and down the river up on the banks one after the other, was amazing! It could be anywhere along any of this area.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-12-2002 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

Let's have another OSO meeting in April (place on water would be nice) so people can come by boat and set a fun run date at that time.

As for Kid Rock, maybe we can get him to play at JOBBIENOONER!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Well, why don't we make it mid-end of April for another meeting then and we can discuss some fun runs and whatever else. I will get some name tags this time and who knows, if we ask now maybe Jeffery will throw us some OSO swag. Does anyone have any suggestions for a date for an April gathering? What about a location, did everyone like the Tin Fish or do we want to try another place? There has to be a hundred within 20 miles of each other along the water.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

Milord,

What about the Beach Grill, people can attend by boat or auto. I would also suggest moving the time up to 1 or 2pm. That way people can get back to ramp/dock at a reasonable time.

How about April 20th or 27th?
Old 03-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

96Vyper, that's a good idea as I'm sure if boat is splashed by then I will come by boat! Anybody else have any input on the date? Either of those sound good to me.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

13th or 27th of April? Later may be better for people who want to come by boat.

We couldn't make it to the Tin Fish, but one thing I heard was there was more moving around there. At Gilberts, once we sat down and had beers in front of us, we didn't mingle much.

OSO stuff as door prizes??
Old 03-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

beach grill or jacks is a good place, but not much for a view of the water like tin fish. Tin fish is awesome for me cuz it's close to home for me, but inconvienient for some others, plus limited dockage, and if it's rough out, forget about bringing a boat, but if it is there, I can give an update to water conditions. It's usually flat, but anything over 1' gets tough to tie up to easily. Good point about the room to roam too. The Beach Grill is kind of snooty though, but I could care less, they have good dockage. I dont know if I'll be out that early in the season, I hate anything under 80 degrees.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-12-2002 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about Garwoods? Yeah Right

Quick Reply: Kid Rock buying a house on St. Clair River?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.