Like Tree0Likes

Engine Compartment Pics. Lets see em.

Reply
Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 AM
  #21
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Ona-Mission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
stock Merc 700's...Been awesome running motors
Ona-Mission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
  #22
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Just got them in and fired them up in the boat for the first time yesterday!
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-imgp4917.jpg  
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
  #23
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Knot 4 Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central IL
My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow
Posts: 6,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
really have'nt been on any boards...Got tired of the B.S. threads. You coming down in spring with you're girlfriend Mentlepause.
I meant you finally relented and went with Merc power!

I was told I have to bring my spouse as you didn't want a sausagefest at your house. So, I am working on her...
Knot 4 Me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
  #24
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

For something a bit different. Trip Yanmar 480's. Liking it so far.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-100_0112_-medium-.jpg   Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-100_0113_-medium-.jpg  
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
  #25
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
For something a bit different. Trip Yanmar 480's. Liking it so far.

Bob
Bob,

The boat and set up look awesome. I have a question for you regarding the diesels. Had a friend a few years back with a Fountain sport cruiser with Yanmars. It smoked something terrible coming on plane. I mean BLACK smoke and you did not want to be behind him until he was up and running. Just curious if you see that same thing? I know my buddy was hauling fuel to his boat that was offroad diesel from his farm and i did not know if that was part of the problem.

Mark
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
  #26
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
I meant you finally relented and went with Merc power!

I was told I have to bring my spouse as you didn't want a sausagefest at your house. So, I am working on her...
Gottcha...no head aches in any which way...my favorite motors to date. You can come by your self if you cant convice the wife.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.
My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC
Posts: 2,639
Default

A couple of MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-formula-005.jpg   Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-formula-002.jpg   Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-formula-004.jpg  

Spicy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
  #28
Registered
 
Dwane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 221
Default

02 Nordic 500 EFI's M1 SC
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-boat-003.jpg   Engine Compartment Pics.  Lets see em.-boat-004.jpg  
Dwane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:24 PM
  #29
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dock Holiday View Post
Bob,

The boat and set up look awesome. I have a question for you regarding the diesels. Had a friend a few years back with a Fountain sport cruiser with Yanmars. It smoked something terrible coming on plane. I mean BLACK smoke and you did not want to be behind him until he was up and running. Just curious if you see that same thing? I know my buddy was hauling fuel to his boat that was offroad diesel from his farm and i did not know if that was part of the problem.

Mark
Dock, smoking is not an issue any longer. They have that pretty well figured out now. I was getting a bit of a puff from the port motor when backing into a slip a while ago but Mastry Engine Center made some adjustments and it's clean now. Just need the right people doing the tuning and set up.
I came across the thread on the rebuild of your Baja today. Great project and congrats on that.
Bob
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 PM
  #30
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
Dock, smoking is not an issue any longer. They have that pretty well figured out now. I was getting a bit of a puff from the port motor when backing into a slip a while ago but Mastry Engine Center made some adjustments and it's clean now. Just need the right people doing the tuning and set up.
I came across the thread on the rebuild of your Baja today. Great project and congrats on that.
Bob
Bob,

Thank you and Thank you

Happy Holidays
Mark
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mcraymond3
General Boating Discussion
125
04-05-2014 12:55 AM
danh63
Baja
7
02-26-2007 10:33 AM
BWebb
General Q & A
2
04-29-2004 11:25 PM
VelocityMark
General Boating Discussion
14
03-25-2003 09:54 AM
traviss
General Boating Discussion
63
04-02-2002 02:57 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.