Notices

Law suits

Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Law suits

Does any know how many law suits have been filed against Cig.,OL,or anyother boat co. where their boats have hooked and barrel rolled. Just a point of interest. People sue for everything now.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

I don't think Cigs. roll....
Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HUMMM very odd subject to bring up, from someone with very few posts.

Kind of like suing a motorcycle company for falling over, I think in most cases, the conditions that would be necessary for a large water craft to roll/spin, would also be ruled "the operator was operating speed in excess of safe operation"

One would argue it was driver error and not the watercraft.

Got to be honest with you, I have spun a 32 non-stepped boat and it was hard a chit to do so,and not something I wish to repeat. And yes I had to push the boat to very unsafe operation to do so.

WILL
Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

Wrongful death attorneys frequently sue everyone possible in a case, it isn't uncommon for them to also sue a manufacturer, same with cars, airplanes,trucks, mopeds , etc........ they cast a net and see what comes back in.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered

Default Law suits

Bored, just something to throw against the wall. Should have said spun out.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Why would you want specific numbers by manufacture? The public is not going to have this information and the companies aren't going to disclose it.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered

Word on the street is that Derryberry Performance is in a lawsuite over the old Sunsation Dragon boat that rolled or hooked. Can't remember the whole story. But its been going on for awhile now.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I would find the home state and county and search their court records. Lots of good information there. If you are considering doing a new custom build I would also look for this information. Some of it is hard to access via public info, but an attorney should be able to get those court records for minimal cost.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

every state or country will have a court records search available. Check the country that the incident happened in as well as the county the company is located in.
For Miami the website is
http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/civil/pubsearch.asp

type in the name or some local boat builders and you can find some very interesting things.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered

You guys are getting way to techinal,is just something that came to mind.I have a 2000 35 top gun that you couldn't turn over or spin out if you wanted to. Every time I read about the new fast TS Cig's they always wind up talking how they are easy to spin out or roll. If this happened lots of times, then there could be a problem.

Quick Reply: Law suits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.