Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong? >

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Notices

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Old 03-22-2002, 09:03 AM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread was started to learn what the offshore world thinks about splashing.

Personally attacking posters just because they don't share your opinion is completely unnecessary.

For those who would rather see a general, anonymous poll, click here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=20507
Old 03-22-2002, 09:10 AM
Liqui-Fly

Default Sorry BK

Didn't mean to knock you off your podium again. But to corrct you statement...this was yet another post that you started hoping to find people that share your opinion because you lack the ability to stand alone. It's ok to be different and believe what you believe....just make sure it's the truth.

David

Old 03-22-2002, 09:40 AM
BK
Registered

Liqui Fly ~

I came over here, alone, to get away from the tres bullies and to ask for an unaffected sampling of the views on splashing.

When HB learned about this thread - long after it had started - the same exact trio of splash-supporters from Scream and Fly were then told to follow me over here and "let me have it".

I'm sorry the topic of splashing always gets you so upset LF, but it's still no reason to resort to insulting people.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Liqui-Fly

Default You're Right

But I'm still looking for you to show me how a company that does everything thing right supposidly got burned. I think you over estimate the powers of splashing and its effect on builders. I know of only one company that claims to have been buried by it. It's a non issue. Guys like Cord are owrried about the history of their boat whaen it isn't even an issue with AO. Can you imagine AO getting mad for being splashed? There are a lot of guys driving really nice pops and they should be able to enjoy their rides without the residue of a silent witchhunt.
David

Old 03-22-2002, 09:58 AM
BK
Registered

It's about the future of our industry, LF.

Don't take it so personally.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:16 AM
Liqui-Fly

Default You Don't Believe

That futures can have many roads? We could play cause and effect and get absolutely nowhere all day. Do you really expect guys with new ideas to start from bare bones. Especially boats up in the 30 to 40 feet range. No one will ever accomplish anything if they have to plow through getting to a working 30 footer and then make changes. All your ideas and policies will do is create a monopolies and drive boat prices through the roof and then nobody will own one. Yeah yeah I know buy the molds..buy the rights. Well what if they aren't for sale? You really need to get outside of boating and look at industry as a whole. You are confused about what the most effective routes of progress are. Boat building isn't accomplished by Edisons and Einsteins...taking reasearch dollars away isn't going to prevent the development of the weightless hull. Can you say aerogel coring??

David

Old 03-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Registered

Default ???

Ya know, I find this very interesting. A thread about Splashing is now talking about everything but splashing. You don't have to believe me about those number, why would you? I mean you can't seem to handle the truth anyother time. You can't seem to back your statments and lies up with facts, did you call or email Alan? Perhaps Howard Boats? That's what I thought. Sorry ya old fart, the radar don't lie. Like I said before, just be glad you'll never cross me on the water...porpoise right past you again and again.
As from now on, I refuse to comment on any reply that does not have to do with the topic of the thread. I have sooooo many things that are well worth the waste of my time besides your grammer and idotic kids show character analogies. Not like I have time to ponder these things with an abundence of time..like sitting in a cell or drawing cartoons on the net.
Barney, I am willing to bet you might be a whole year or 2 older than I am, so don't make me have to put you in your place again, and show you who your daddy is...junior.
Old 03-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Going Thru the design Process, Getting a finial workable Drawing, Lofting, And Plug Building, Then Molding, Finally Testing The first Production Boat, Then comes a whole Realm of Manufacturing Hurdles that have to be overcome ,so the Boats can be built in a Timely Manner, While dealing with The Sales Dept , City Hall if Plant expansion is needed. Crew expansion and Training, the List is endless.

Then along comes Bung Hole Joe and Pirates the Working (key word here) Design for free! And I Love this Common Quote “Duh I made some changes” While scratching his Sloping Forehead and picking at a walnut sized zit on his chin.

Hey if I steal your Car and change the front fender does that make it mine?? About the same thing from My Viewpoint

Best Regards
Old 03-22-2002, 08:45 PM
ScreaminDemon

BUT, this whole industry is BUILT on splashing! Not that its right, but, if i am going to build a true offshore boat with the typical 24 degree bottom, then why tool up when i can take a cigarette, magnum, powerplay, etc to get it quickly? If no one did this, then we would all be riding in ancient formula designs.

Is SKATER in fear of their business because a few (lightning, motion, spectre) copied him...i doubt it, last i heard he is back-ordered for a year or so. NO ONE can reproduce the SKATER!!! Look at all the kit cars that resemble the ferrari's? They look like immatations and thats it...only wannabe's by them. just an opinion!

Old 03-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Screamin You just hit the nail on the head!! What is the main reason these people splash Steal whatever? How many of them, do you think are qualified to produce a working design in House, and how many are just opportunists?

Look you either Pay a professional, or do the work yourself as I see it there is no other way to honorably start a new line and like I said before the penalties should be retroactive.

Hell the Aronow Family would own half the Earth .

Best Regards

Quick Reply: Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.