Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! You mock what you fear!
Hope all is well...
H.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Jupiter is on the water, here is the Jupiter Inlet: ( http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm ). Maybe you meant for you it was a good town on the water but you were going to buy inland. Palm Beach County has its +/- as in 107 people got murdered here in 08 compared to NH where 22 people got murdered in the WHOLE STATE! Palm Beach County is the biggest county in the state, has Palm Beach/Boca Raton/Jupiter as expensive areas as well as pricey small beach towns like Juno/Manalapan etc. WPB can be a very rough area and it is 15 minutes from almost anywhere in the county.
I have lived in Boca/Jupiter for the past 25 years which are nice areas but it has numbed me a bit to the actual crime in the surrounding areas. Orlando/Palm Beach county had over 225 murders last year yet a whole state like New Hampshire only had 22?

I only wonder having 2 small kids if it would be better to raise them in a Vermont type setting rather than here........
I was down in FT Lauderdale this past November. I could see how you need to be real carefull in your searches. One of the areas goes from a ghetto to million dollar homes in 5 minutes by car.

Last edited by tbanzer; 01-04-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Jupiter is on the water, here is the Jupiter Inlet: ( http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm ). Maybe you meant for you it was a good town on the water but you were going to buy inland. Palm Beach County has its +/- as in 107 people got murdered here in 08 compared to NH where 22 people got murdered in the WHOLE STATE! Palm Beach County is the biggest county in the state, has Palm Beach/Boca Raton/Jupiter as expensive areas as well as pricey small beach towns like Juno/Manalapan etc. WPB can be a very rough area and it is 15 minutes from almost anywhere in the county.
I have lived in Boca/Jupiter for the past 25 years which are nice areas but it has numbed me a bit to the actual crime in the surrounding areas. Orlando/Palm Beach county had over 225 murders last year yet a whole state like New Hampshire only had 22?

I only wonder having 2 small kids if it would be better to raise them in a Vermont type setting rather than here........
No doubt more crime, but remember, there's only 630,000 total population here in Vermont. NH is different, but also concentrated in a couple of counties. You have to pick your locations carefully. I've been in Vt about 25 years now, and have had my fill. I grew up on Lake Winni in NH as a kid, and still love it there, but only for boating, not living.

Yes, I understand Jupiter has some coastal living as well. We ate at the Jettis last week, good as usual. Love to be on the island, but $$$ will probably not get that far. I'll take the pitfalls of Florida compared to here. But you are correct, you need to know what they are. Vermont is way overhyped, like many areas.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a house in Sarasota 1600 sqft huge dock (docking for 3 boats plus the slip with a 10K boat lift)on canal, pool for $325 the house has ben totally redone and is nice, back in the day the lady paid $675 and lost it call and ask for Mike Holderness with Sara bay his number is 941-725-0338 and tell him chris told you to call on the house on Megellan Crt you wont be disappointed and your in Sarasota, when the boat races are in town, you go right out the canal and your in the perfect spot close to everything. Good Luck

Last edited by fubard; 01-04-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added more verbage
Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

Default Florida and boating property

Hey there, just FYI, I handle much of the waterfront real estate in the Tampa Bay and surrounding areas. I have sold many waterfront homes outlining their boating requirements. I can also give you many referrals to prove it. The Tampa Bay area is a very good area for boating with numerous restaurants on the water and many places to go. I've read some of your criteria of your search, and would like to get a little more detail from you. Please send me an email so i can get the search started for you. It's no cost to you, and my technology background will supply you loads of information that will help you in your home buying decision!

By the way, I ran the areas poker runs for the past 5 years, you can rest assured I know the waterways around here. Contact me by email and I will at the very least send you some preliminary info. Talk to you soon!

Michael Erturk - Realtor
[email protected]
www.HomesByMike.net
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmackin
I think desireable waterfront will be the first to rebound. I also think we are within 10% of the bottom. Off the water homes will lag a ways behind and will drop more before turning around. Just my personal opinion. Here is a good site to get basic listing info.
http://www.waterfrontwonderland.com/
Perhaps the experts are wrong and you are correct, but I doubt it.

This is just one of many examples. I know it's Miami, but many economists say all of South Florida will feel this much pain and more. Wait until 2010 before you buy in SFL.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...fortune/4.html

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/200...ealestate.html
Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Properties may go down farther, no doubt. If you need something, now's a better time than two years ago. If you're ready to go with cash or good qualifications, you're in better shape than most, and could very well get a great deal. One thing that's great about an economic climate like this is that you can pick and choose exactly what you want, and there's certainly no need to rush in.

There's too many variables associated with trying to call a bottom on real estate, especially since the properties are in diverse regions, and every seller is in a different situation. I know I'm not smart enough to guess what's in store for 2010, or even this summer.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
FYI, $200k will get you a 3/2 sailboat access pool home w/boat lift in cape coral.
and a 'T' craft
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
Looking to spend around 200k. I realize that 200k isnt the type of number needed to be on the water but I would expect to be able to find something within trailering distance. Im just starting my search trying to find areas to focus on. I am going down there in my motorhome in mid February for the Miami boatshow and I would like to set up some viewings at that time.

200k will get you waterfront on a canal in New Port Richey area, there is an auto-notification on our MLS that sends the listing to you as they come up, directly to your email. Email [email protected] and I'll set it up for the Tampa area.

Best deals are bank owned, if someone says the word short sale run as fast as you can, you will likely never close.

Reason is, the lender is covered most times by the mortgage insurance and will net more by foreclosing and then filing a claim.

good luck
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa38

Best deals are bank owned, if someone says the word short sale run as fast as you can, you will likely never close.

Reason is, the lender is covered most times by the mortgage insurance and will net more by foreclosing and then filing a claim.
In all of the articles I read on short sales I have never heard that explanation but it makes total sense. However if the bank takes a hit (even in a short sale) couldn't a claim still be made on the mortgage insurance?

Quick Reply: Florida and boating property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.