Like Tree0Likes

Warbird running out of Boynton Inlet

Reply
Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 AM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112 View Post
I disagree. With most people having a 5% of value deductible, I doubt people are claiming little things.

Stop by the Chesapeake Bay.... then send another Reply!!
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 AM
  #22
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post

How about we just enjoy the video????!!!
Yes, thank you. To many hater comments.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 AM
  #23
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
My Boats: all
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORONE View Post
They are not even running close to 150. More like 100
Agreed.
mrhorsepower1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:28 PM
  #24
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
drypipetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake Champlain, NY
My Boats: 2008 Nor-Tech 3600
Posts: 3,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112 View Post
If you think $6000 a year for a "smaller cat" isn't that much than you are a baller.
I'm familiar with the term you use, "a-hole". "baller", however, is a new one i'm unfamiliar with.
drypipetiger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post
Yes some are right... Cool Video... REALLY nice boat...

Best of luck with it... Remember.. Buckle up!! Or you will take a beaten worse then Rodney King did on here!! LOLOLOL
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM
  #26
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Great video. 6 people + 150MPH + no life vests = just plain stupid!!!
I know the owner of this boat.

First I don't take safety lightly but this "assuming everyone has to wear a spacesuit with four condoms on top while wrapped up in lanyards like Pavarotti in a wetsuit to go fishing with the electric motor boat attitude" annoys me a tad.

As I mentioned I know the owner of this rig and he is a responsible, very intelligent successful business man. If he wants to go out with his boat and wipe himself out, my guess is he doesn't need anyone's blessing . However I doubt that is his goal.

I have been 135 on a 36 Nortech and 150 on a 50 Nortech must be somewhat in the same ball park as it relate to stability, which is to say just as safe as one of our V hulls at 80 or 90 in the same seas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112 View Post
150 m.p.h. and no life vests? Thanks a-hole. That's why my insurance rates are so high.
I doubt a Turbine boat is insured or insurable so it does not affect your insurance rate what so ever.


In the end I respect that people in my mind are adults and make their own decisions. They also rightfully so suffer the consequences of their actions and it affects them and loved ones. However I don't need anyone on a soapbox telling me to wear a helmet when I go to the bathroom or break out the pads & leathers for shuffleboard...

To each his own and the ones telling me how to live my life should get a life on their own, they are the real a-hole as some of you put it.

Great Video Thanks for posting it.
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
  #27
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I know the owner of this boat.

First I don't take safety lightly but this "assuming everyone has to wear a spacesuit with four condoms on top while wrapped up in lanyards like Pavarotti in a wetsuit to go fishing with the electric motor boat attitude" annoys me a tad.

As I mentioned I know the owner of this rig and he is a responsible, very intelligent successful business man. If he wants to go out with his boat and wipe himself out, my guess is he doesn't need anyone's blessing . However I doubt that is his goal.

I have been 135 on a 36 Nortech and 150 on a 50 Nortech must be somewhat in the same ball park as it relate to stability, which is to say just as safe as one of our V hulls at 80 or 90 in the same seas...
I doubt a Turbine boat is insured or insurable so it does not affect your insurance rate what so ever.


In the end I respect that people in my mind are adults and make their own decisions. They also rightfully so suffer the consequences of their actions and it affects them and loved ones. However I don't need anyone on a soapbox telling me to wear a helmet when I go to the bathroom or break out the pads & leathers for shuffleboard...

To each his own and the ones telling me how to live my life should get a life on their own, they are the real a-hole as some of you put it.

Great Video Thanks for posting it.
LOL! Agreed.
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
  #28
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
My Boats: 2000 Powerplay 25'
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I know the owner of this boat.

First I don't take safety lightly but this "assuming everyone has to wear a spacesuit with four condoms on top while wrapped up in lanyards like Pavarotti in a wetsuit to go fishing with the electric motor boat attitude" annoys me a tad.

As I mentioned I know the owner of this rig and he is a responsible, very intelligent successful business man. If he wants to go out with his boat and wipe himself out, my guess is he doesn't need anyone's blessing . However I doubt that is his goal.

I have been 135 on a 36 Nortech and 150 on a 50 Nortech must be somewhat in the same ball park as it relate to stability, which is to say just as safe as one of our V hulls at 80 or 90 in the same seas...
I doubt a Turbine boat is insured or insurable so it does not affect your insurance rate what so ever.


In the end I respect that people in my mind are adults and make their own decisions. They also rightfully so suffer the consequences of their actions and it affects them and loved ones. However I don't need anyone on a soapbox telling me to wear a helmet when I go to the bathroom or break out the pads & leathers for shuffleboard...

To each his own and the ones telling me how to live my life should get a life on their own, they are the real a-hole as some of you put it.

Great Video Thanks for posting it.
Thank-you. Well said.
Powerplay25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 PM
  #29
10x
10x
VIP Member
 
10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: La Grange Ill
My Boats: 1989 10 mtr Fountain
Posts: 4,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I know the owner of this boat.

First I don't take safety lightly but this "assuming everyone has to wear a spacesuit with four condoms on top while wrapped up in lanyards like Pavarotti in a wetsuit to go fishing with the electric motor boat attitude" annoys me a tad.

As I mentioned I know the owner of this rig and he is a responsible, very intelligent successful business man. If he wants to go out with his boat and wipe himself out, my guess is he doesn't need anyone's blessing . However I doubt that is his goal.

I have been 135 on a 36 Nortech and 150 on a 50 Nortech must be somewhat in the same ball park as it relate to stability, which is to say just as safe as one of our V hulls at 80 or 90 in the same seas...
I doubt a Turbine boat is insured or insurable so it does not affect your insurance rate what so ever.


In the end I respect that people in my mind are adults and make their own decisions. They also rightfully so suffer the consequences of their actions and it affects them and loved ones. However I don't need anyone on a soapbox telling me to wear a helmet when I go to the bathroom or break out the pads & leathers for shuffleboard...

To each his own and the ones telling me how to live my life should get a life on their own, they are the real a-hole as some of you put it.

Great Video Thanks for posting it.
As said before here, very well put. I also know the current owner of this boat, and he is on our dock in Chicago. And BTW, the video of "Warbird" running that was posted in the 1st post, is NOT with my friend, the current owner of the boat driving it, must've been the previous owner. So before anyone else makes another stupid comment about a driver of any boat, atleast make sure you have the current owner/driver.
__________________
Fountain powerboats rule "The Preacher"
Chicago Powerboat Club Director
[email protected]
www.chicagopowerboat.com
10x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
  #30
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
boatman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Magnolia, Texas
My Boats: Faja 40 Outlaw
Posts: 2,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I know the owner of this boat.

First I don't take safety lightly but this "assuming everyone has to wear a spacesuit with four condoms on top while wrapped up in lanyards like Pavarotti in a wetsuit to go fishing with the electric motor boat attitude" annoys me a tad.

As I mentioned I know the owner of this rig and he is a responsible, very intelligent successful business man. If he wants to go out with his boat and wipe himself out, my guess is he doesn't need anyone's blessing . However I doubt that is his goal.

I have been 135 on a 36 Nortech and 150 on a 50 Nortech must be somewhat in the same ball park as it relate to stability, which is to say just as safe as one of our V hulls at 80 or 90 in the same seas...
I doubt a Turbine boat is insured or insurable so it does not affect your insurance rate what so ever.


In the end I respect that people in my mind are adults and make their own decisions. They also rightfully so suffer the consequences of their actions and it affects them and loved ones. However I don't need anyone on a soapbox telling me to wear a helmet when I go to the bathroom or break out the pads & leathers for shuffleboard...

To each his own and the ones telling me how to live my life should get a life on their own, they are the real a-hole as some of you put it.

Great Video Thanks for posting it.
Very well said, Thank You

The Tow NAZI'S are next....
boatman22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
fabricator
Nor-Tech
0
03-12-2008 03:25 PM
jeff32
General Boating Discussion
7
01-22-2008 08:47 PM
handfulz28
Southeast US
16
01-15-2008 12:43 PM
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
7
03-04-2007 10:26 AM
Danny_Ocean
General Boating Discussion
0
02-02-2004 08:38 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.