Who sells T-handles for back seats? >

Who sells T-handles for back seats?

Notices

Who sells T-handles for back seats?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I have mixed feelings on the handles as well. They work great when needed but have also put a couple good bruises on my passengers.
I heard that too.. I talked to a buddy of mine and he wants me to buy one so he can get the concept of them . We want to make them so they are quick connect.. I can take them out when just cruising. When on a poker run or something that I will be running 100+ I would quick connect them in??

What do you think? from the pics I showed him.. He was like.. No big deal...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Still want them. A few bruises are better than to scare the rear passengers without anything to hold onto. I have been in the back seat of fast boats with nothing to hang onto it is a very scary ride. Even with a grab handle on the side it is not enough. My Skater has the straps and it is not that same as something solid to hang onto. I think the reality is it would nearly impossible to toss someone out of the boat without handles, but the idea that you are hanging onto something is very reassuring for passengers.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Still want them. A few bruises are better than to scare the rear passengers without anything to hold onto. I have been in the back seat of fast boats with nothing to hang onto it is a very scary ride. Even with a grab handle on the side it is not enough. My Skater has the straps and it is not that same as something solid to hang onto. I think the reality is it would nearly impossible to toss someone out of the boat without handles, but the idea that you are hanging onto something is very reassuring for passengers.
Funny Im not a fan of them either,that is till I went for a ride in a buddies 30 foot spectre in 4 footer's.

I almost went ass over tea kettle into the scoops lost my cell phone and my stomach hurt like I had done 1000 sit ups the day before. The skater rear seats are real snug and high so I dont need them.I can see the reasoning for them,too bad they dont flip down and go flush when not in use.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, so where ca someone get the type of handles your talking about?>

Not busting you Brian, but as others here have thought about handles, I am one to agree with you and would prefer softer handles. Mainly since my rear seat is often used for other things then just sitting and would hate for someone to get hurt.
However the need does arise that wouldhelp backseat passengers something to hold onto

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I don't like T handles or D handles anywhere in the boat like that.

People fall in boats. That's a fact. If they hit something like that you are talking pretty serious internal injury as opposed to scrapes and bruises.

I'd advise having some thick/solid webbing made that comes out from under the back seat. Passengers pull/hold it where/when they need it, and then it tucks down out of the way when finished.

The only thing I did like with solid handles like that was the Spirit of Apache resto-mod that had removable and configurable handles.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I have mixed feelings on the handles as well. They work great when needed but have also put a couple good bruises on my passengers.
I love this style the best!! Donzi always has the trickest accessories!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
my00b16si

i am not a fan of anything hard sticking out in a boat. But safety is a huge concern. while designing the liquidglass aft seat that same thought came to mind so here is how we fixed that little problem

We just build them in to the seat.

ok now, i know your going to say well we already have a back seat. i cant do that. well thats not true. we can add in to the seat you already have. and if thats not the way you want to go we also make padded slip covers to go over the grabrails in your boat so when they are not in use the are not as much as a hazerd

Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I just came up with a good idea! I am going to have my canvas/interior guy make a pair of padded vinyl covers to throw on the handles when rafting or docked up!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if I would like that in my boat???

how about a test ride the second week of March for me and the fiance to test and see if it would work in our Cat

Originally Posted by my00b16si
i am not a fan of anything hard sticking out in a boat. But safety is a huge concern. while designing the liquidglass aft seat that same thought came to mind so here is how we fixed that little problem

We just build them in to the seat.

ok now, i know your going to say well we already have a back seat. i cant do that. well thats not true. we can add in to the seat you already have. and if thats not the way you want to go we also make padded slip covers to go over the grabrails in your boat so when they are not in use the are not as much as a hazerd
Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Brad, do you have pics of where you want to mount the handles & the backside of the mounting area. I work in automotive manufacturing, specializing in stainless, and want to get into the marine industry. Maybe we could design a set of retractables for you and it would be a product we could take further in the market?