Notices

Copy Cat

Old 03-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished the prototype of the all new 38 "Founterette Combover Special"
Some key points:
1. It has an unbelievably low rear end but still porposes.

2. It takes a little more power to get the speed out of but still has a Beek.

3. It has an oval label in the back with Gold leaf trim around it.

4. The cabin has a large wood top cooler with tube lighting.

5. It actualy runs 3MPH over what the GPS and Speedo read no matter what.

6. The companies history will have ties to the Deep South Mafia.

7. Owners will find that they argue with themselves over charactoristics.

8. The pleasure cabin will be too damn small to get lucky in without getting a leg cramp.

I am excepting deposits in my personal Bank account know. This is not a splash boat. I thought up every little detail myself without the help of any other referances. This boat Stuffs just as well as it Hooks! Keep an eye out for next months "OuterSation"
Old 03-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I always thought JB was a hammer , now I know for sure.
Old 03-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Hey JeffreyBoy

See ya later............no need for you to be around here anymo!

Pretty lame. Are you going to try to get Reggie Fountain to buy your www.fastboats.info URL cuz it sure is close to www.fastboats.net ?????

=============
Registrant:
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States

Registrar: Dotster (http://www.dotster.com)
Domain Name: OFFSHOREONLY.ORG
Created on: 10-MAR-02
Expires on: 10-MAR-03
Last Updated on: 10-MAR-02

Administrative Contact:
Jennings, Jeffrey [email protected]
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States
410-555-1212

Technical Contact:
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States
410-555-1212

============================
Registrant:
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States

Registrar: Dotster (http://www.dotster.com)
Domain Name: OFFSHOREONLY.NET
Created on: 07-MAR-02
Expires on: 07-MAR-03
Last Updated on: 07-MAR-02

Administrative Contact:
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States
410-555-1212

Technical Contact:
N/A
Anystreet
Anywhere, CA 90210
United States
410-555-1212
==============================

"Whatever"
Old 03-16-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norty, Do you ever actually work or just consider getting even with everyone a full time job.
Was there an application or interview for the job. I hate that there is one bigger smart ass in the world than me. I know have a roll model.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Post Site Names

And to think a while back when I was just starting my site I almost used the name F.B.I. Fast Boat Information Damn glad I stuck with SHARKEYMARINE.COM

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

TTT

Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Lee

All Forums
Sunsation Boats Discussion Forum
Proud Owners Forum
New Offshore Performance Boating Forum New Topic Reply to Topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly

Author Topic
JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 10:54:37 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last weekend I launched http://www.offshoreonly.net/

Shortly after launching http://www.offshoreonly.net/ an individual contacted me asking me to transfer the domain. I have agreed to transfer the domain because I really do not wanted to be perceived as attempting to trade off the name of others, although it is clear that domain names are free for the taking. A domain name simply is not that important to me to cause any hard feelings. The http://www.offshoreonly.net/ will soon be transferred and will be replaced immediately by http://www.fastboats.info/.

It's a big world and there are lots of Power Boaters with Internet access and I believe that people should be able to choose where they wish to surf. It would be a pretty boring world if there were only one high performance boat manufacturer and now there will be more than one High Performance Offshore Boating Forum for people to choose from. In the meantime, feel free to join http://www.offshoreonly.net/, your profiles, posts and avatars will be transferred to http://www.fastboats.info/ by Friday 3/22/02.

warmest regards,
Jeff Jennings

Edited by - JeffreyBoy on 03/14/2002 11:53:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - on

Lee

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 11:18:20 AM

Jeffreyboy, I personally think that you creating Offshoreonly.net was nothing but a way to capitalize on the successful Offshoreonly name. Why did you not go with the Fastboats.info right from the begining? Did you buy Sunsationboats.net also?

I checked out your site and it is nice, and fast too, but the whole idea of you using offshoreonly.net to begin with is pretty cheesey in my book.

The above are my personal opinions and in no way associated with Sunsation Boats.

Lee

Edited by - on

JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 11:34:05 AM

Thanks for your message.

To answer your question: fastboats.info wasn't near the top of my list.

Of course ONLYOFFSHORE.com was available, so would having chosen that name qualify also as pretty cheesy or do you believe that every domain name with Offshore in it, somehow belong to offshoreonly.com?

We are after all talking primarily about offshore boating. Should Sunsation Boats also be owning to Offshoreonly.com since they have the words Offshore molded into their swim platforms?

Would it have been better for me to have chosen Offshorealso.com? (available)

I have read your words carefully.
I searched for a suitable domain names to depict offshore boating but basically none were available. If it's your opion that I attempted to capitalize off the name another, then that's you opinion, but I know it is not true. Unfortunately there are not a lot of good domains name left that end in .com

Many domains are registered and simply not used, but purchased in the hopes of selling the domain. Purchasing this domain name with the hopes of capitalizing was the furthest things from my mind, but if you're going to have a presence on the Internet, then any prudent business person would protect their investment by purchasing all domain names. In any event basically anything to do with OFFSHORE is gone and most of it's taken by Offshore bankers. I did my best to come up with a name that was suitable for my goals and that was simple...to create an advertising free Offshore Performance Boating forum and usually .NET and .ORG names are used for those purposes. Many examples exist, in fact vbulletin; the people who make the best Forum software (vbulletin.com) live in peaceful co-existence with vbuletin.org.

In any event, I know my intentions are honorable and my friends know it too and you are always welcome on my forum.

I will ask you if your opinions have anything to do with the fact that you're a forum moderator on http://www.offshoreonly.com/

To answer your second question, no I did not buy sunsationsboats.net, but for a while I have owned http://www.sunsation288.com/ for my personal website...was that cheesy?

regards,

- jeff

Edited by - JeffreyBoy on 03/14/2002 12:30:12 PM

Edited by - on

kook

USA
95 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 12:17:20 PM

I HAVE to ask this question Jeff: Why are you doing this? The format is nearly identical to OSO.com.... I can understand the desire to create a new forum, if, say, you are targeting only a certain geographic region, or make of boat, etc....

Edited by - on

JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 12:25:04 PM

The reason I'm doing this:
I don't like using sites that are all cluttered up with advertising.

The format is nearly identical because every computer person is using the same forum software if they're going to make an online community.

Offshoreonly.com did not develop their forum software, they purchased it just like I did.

It's called vbulletin.com and it's the best. I'm in the computer biz and I also have other forums (for firewall software, intrusion detection, etc) and have been using this software for years. I am committed to offering a forum that is not cluttered up on the top and left hand sides of the screen with advertising.

I am doing all of this out of my own pocket and on my own time without any help or money from anyone else.

I hope this answers your question.

http://www.sunsation288.com/

Edited by - JeffreyBoy on 03/14/2002 12:25:56 PM

Edited by - on

Lee

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 1:06:36 PM

Jeff, Theres no reason to keep editing your first and second posts multiable times, there is plenty of bandwidth here.

I truly think if you would of started off with anything BUT offshoreonly.net
your intentions would not be under scuinity.

My being a Fourm Moderator on OSO has absolutly nothing to do with it, I have
no personal or monetary connection to OSO other than being a Fourm Moderator which the privlege is less than a week old.

The fact that you are bankrolling your site on your own for the free use by others is a very good intention.

If you feel a need to discuss this further please feel free to Email me

Take care,
Lee

Edited by - on

JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 2:56:16 PM

There is no need to talk with you or email you.
Your opinion has been stated and my response is my response is posted.
Like I said, my site is open to everyone and you are most welcomed to join.

I honestly think that there should be more sites, not just mine in addition to OSO.com. Competition for consumers is good. It's keeps people honest. And you are certainly welcome to apply for a moderators position on my site if you wish. I will consider everyone without bias.

- jeff

[UL]http://www.sunsation288.com/[/UL]

Edited by - on

Lee

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 4:23:16 PM

Jeff, The only reason I suggested that you Email me is that the Sunsation board is not the proper fourm for this discussion as they do not have an area for open topics such as this, they are generally geared towards boating discussions.

I agree with you 100% on that competition is good for the consumer after all a monopoly is only benefical to the propieter.

The action that you took to capitalize on someone elses successful business with your particular venture is within your rights which you are absoultey entitled to, Although I felt that what you did was in poor taste and that is my sole personal opinion which I am also entitled to.

Thank you for being a gentelman in your response to my constructive critism and keeping an unbiased and open mind, and the offer for me to join your Fourm and the the invitation to apply for a Moderator position.

Take care and good luck on your site,
Lee

Edited by - on

JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 5:06:23 PM

Here's to my Sunsation 288
Every day it gets warmer and every day the call of the bay grows louder.
Every evening the sun goes down a little later and every morning the sun comes up a little earlier.

and I know that soon, I'll be on the water enjoying myself because none us us ever know how many days we have left on this planet.

summer can't come soon enough.

- jeff

Edited by - on

mfb

USA
2 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 5:40:38 PM

Jeff I just registered to this board. I for one am happy to have the forums you provide for us boatheads.Keep up the great work and Thank You, Mark B.

Edited by - on

kook

USA
95 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 8:47:18 PM

FWIW, I kinda like the advertising - I don't look at it too much, but some sites interest me, and I go have a poke around once in a while - some neat stuff out there. I never once found the advertising obtrusive - not in the least.

Yeah, competition is a good thing, but I wouldn't call this competition. I wish you luck, but think it's gonna be a real steep uphill shlep - from what I have seen, if a BBS has a big following, it keeps it's status, unless possbily there becomes a lack of leadership.

Edited by - on

mfb

USA
2 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2002 : 9:02:31 PM

Jeffery, Having trouble posting on oso.net. Registered there cant post for some reason(have I warn out my welcome?). Let me know if you could. Thanks, Mark B.

Edited by - on

kook

USA
95 Posts
Posted - 03/17/2002 : 10:39:45 AM

Jeff:

Is the advertising the reason that the OSO board is rather slow? If so, then I'm kinda pissed about it. Running 28.8kbps from home (something in the phone lines out why way, not PC-related) and the board sees to take some time to load up all the banners and stuff.

Edited by - on

JeffreyBoy

USA
69 Posts
Posted - 03/17/2002 : 2:59:51 PM

I really can't comment on oso.com. I have no idea what type of servers they're running; if they're keeping database connections open all the time, if they've got a firewall, intrusion detection systems, or how their server is configured etc. Running enterprise level servers for thousands of users can be tricky and complex.

What I can tell you is that my website is running on servers that have been optimized to run the forums software. I keep the database that contains all the information on a seperate server than the server that runs the forum software that serves up the pages you see. I've been in the computer business for 30 years now and am part owner of a large .com that serves over one million web based subscribers every day, so I know a lot about configuring and optimizing Unix based web servers. I also have a full time backup server running in case the primary server goes down. The backup server is deployed in a different part of the country than the primary servers. The server does automatic backups every 4 hours and is on a Uniterrupted Power System with excellent firewall and intrusion detections systems standing in front of it.

ps: There's a promotion going on right now at fastboats.info - Register and you could win a handheld Garmin GPS!

Edited by - on

RiverGirl

2 Posts
Posted - 04/13/2002 : 2:00:02 PM

OFFSHOREONLY.COM has been supported out of pocket since it first went up.
Because of the amount of people who go onto the site and with it growing more and more, it has become the largest Offshore Performance boating website ...it would only be a matter of time for them to expand to two servers.
Reason for the advertisers..?
Two servers are quite expensive. In order to provide a free playground for everyone, they had to find a way to support it.

So really, I think to put up with the advertising is quite fair for a free and fun playgound for everyone.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great find, Lee!

See folks, this is how it all started. It's pretty cheap, if you think about it.

Now, the FUNNY thing is, how most of the things that Jeffy over there was bitshing about back then, is all happening to his site. Just, goes to show ya....
Old 01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

pop pop pop , in the microwave we go

saaaalt please
Old 01-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here try this you might enjoy it www.thehun.com
Old 01-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny....I was just looknig for this thead and finally found it, then I noticed that you guys already put it up!

Quick Reply: Copy Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.