Notices

Bye Bye Fountain Stock

Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of he was delisted on Nasdaq is still a public traded company just listed on AMEX.Did drop 27% to .24 from .31 with no afterhours trading yet.I don't think fountain is going anywhere and if you read there quarterly report they made money last quarter.
Risky and may take a while but when this economy turns around if Fountain goes back up to $5.00 a $1000.00 investment is $20835.00.Might not happen but I would write a lot of other companys off before Reggie
Old 01-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Why would anyone on this board want to see Reggie or anyone in the marine business fail?

I hope he makes it through these hard times. And all the others too.
It's fun to pick on Reggie but I've got to agree with you. I don't want any marine business to fail; dealer, manufacturer, supplier, commercial, marina, tourism, etc.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As a corporation, Fountain has been mismanaged even before the economic meltdown. Reggie ran it like it was his hobby, and shareholders suffered. Nothing to do with boats or Reggie as an icon. The company was run into severe debt as he galavanted with other people's money. If you look at the numbers the past few years, then the actions and expenses taken by the company, it's just bad business. The debts owed to Brunswick amongst others are severe.

Always invest in your own dream, not someone elses.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reggie has to stay he pretty much is offshore racing and he sets the bar for perfomance, I am not a big fan of his boats or ego but he has some big shoes to fill. Plus he's way too much fun to pick on with the hair and gold chains but it sucks to pick on a guy when he's down.

I remeber reading in I think powerboat mag a long time ago about him and he had a ton of property and I think it even said he owned a strip mall. Anybody know if he still does if so I would say he is fine just a snag while we all ride this mess out.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered

The boating industry needs Reggie. He leads the way in designing V-bottoms that perform. Today, he has boats with 525's running close to 100. Pretty cool when considering boats with this power in the 80's would run in the 70-80 mph range.

Last edited by LPBoater; 01-31-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LPBoater
The boating industry needs Reggie. He leads the way in designing V-bottoms that perform. Today, he has boats with 525's running close to 100. Pretty cool when considering boats with this power in the 80's would run in the 70-80 mph range.
And they aren't cats either.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 777 Likes on 354 Posts

Other than an opportunity to raise equity when needed, I can't imagine why a company like Fountain is a Public Company. Sarbanes Oxley compliance as well as other B/S with being public wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

I sincerely doubt that he is upset that the company was "delisted".

Whether or not he can make it through this economy, especially in light of the used inventory that is on the market is another topic all together.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Default No matter who owns the company

the biggest question is how many boats are they building now on spec and how many are orders from dealers?

Everyone loves Fountain and it has been the best and the worst here on the oso boards. I am sure Reggie is involved and will fill any position in the company because he has filled the posotion to get his company were it is today.

Lay up boats? come on that is a little far fetched. He would pay some employee's to do it and stand over them maybe but until I see him in a Tyvek suit with his hair sticking out of the hood I will never believe that.

Things Fountain should worry about:

Looking down the side of his boat you should not see the seam of the sheets of plywood the plugs were made with, take time and tool the plug, ya made it go fast in the water , now make it look fast on the trailer. The only thing they have going for them is a mitchert paint job after that they look awsome.

Take the Baja line as far as possible, I spent time at that factory working with several departments for about three weeks and they were great people who made a great product. For them to see what is happening they must be crying in there fiberglass rollers.

He has done what every member wishes they could do . Build a product that is fast, good looking and marketable.

Sunsation rings to mind, foriegn money, sales in the other countires. They are taking the USA to where it needs to be making product that sells all over the world. Because it is american made.

I am the last person to ask about diffrent brands and their sales. But it is obvious that something is happening when Fountain and Baja are not at one of the largest boat sales venues in America, the Chicago Boat Show.

One of my customers was going to go new and was not aware of the Baja line changing hands. He went to see the new Baja's and came back and signed a contract with me to restore his 38 Special and said the boats will never be the same. Color sand, new carpet and a tear down of the glued up headliner and having me change it over as I have before nation wide for Brunswick when they owned the company.

so ask yourself or others :

how many boats 08,07 are on dealers lots?

how many boats Baja or Beak are in the molds now?

when does Reggie sell his company and enjoy the fruits of his labor and will it be the same if he does sell?

Again I do not know that much about the big picture of boat building. I have built many style's of boats and repaired and helped companies build many diffrent style's of boats .
how will this end who the hell knows.

Billy
Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Billy,

Everything will be fine. I chose not to attend show (January 2008) after the show, not Fountain or Baja and quite frankly we had a great week at the store selling and delivering four boats.

After attending show for five years with declining mfg and consumer attendance and increwased show cost we thought the money would be better spent at an open house this spring, having a fun run with food, drinks, helicopter for pictures and music all NO CHARGE for the consumer. Other than MIAMI, boat shows are going to get smaller, it's all about the www and your site.

I was at the factory last week and everything is fine, there are more than 15 boats on production line and 30 boats in the system with approvals for builds.

Reggie has been doing this a long time and is a a surrvivor and I feel confident saying there isn't a high performance boat manufacturer out there that wouldn't love to have 15 boats on the line and 30 in the system, heck that's more than most of them would build in a total year.

Hopefully Reggie will go private soon and not be under the public microscope.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by Bottoms Up
the biggest question is how many boats are they building now on spec and how many are orders from dealers?

Everyone loves Fountain and it has been the best and the worst here on the oso boards. I am sure Reggie is involved and will fill any position in the company because he has filled the posotion to get his company were it is today.

Lay up boats? come on that is a little far fetched. He would pay some employee's to do it and stand over them maybe but until I see him in a Tyvek suit with his hair sticking out of the hood I will never believe that.

Things Fountain should worry about:

Looking down the side of his boat you should not see the seam of the sheets of plywood the plugs were made with, take time and tool the plug, ya made it go fast in the water , now make it look fast on the trailer. The only thing they have going for them is a mitchert paint job after that they look awsome.

Take the Baja line as far as possible, I spent time at that factory working with several departments for about three weeks and they were great people who made a great product. For them to see what is happening they must be crying in there fiberglass rollers.

He has done what every member wishes they could do . Build a product that is fast, good looking and marketable.

Sunsation rings to mind, foriegn money, sales in the other countires. They are taking the USA to where it needs to be making product that sells all over the world. Because it is american made.

I am the last person to ask about diffrent brands and their sales. But it is obvious that something is happening when Fountain and Baja are not at one of the largest boat sales venues in America, the Chicago Boat Show.

One of my customers was going to go new and was not aware of the Baja line changing hands. He went to see the new Baja's and came back and signed a contract with me to restore his 38 Special and said the boats will never be the same. Color sand, new carpet and a tear down of the glued up headliner and having me change it over as I have before nation wide for Brunswick when they owned the company.

so ask yourself or others :

how many boats 08,07 are on dealers lots?

how many boats Baja or Beak are in the molds now?

when does Reggie sell his company and enjoy the fruits of his labor and will it be the same if he does sell?

Again I do not know that much about the big picture of boat building. I have built many style's of boats and repaired and helped companies build many diffrent style's of boats .
how will this end who the hell knows.

Billy

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 02-01-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

"it's all about the www and your site"

And the best you have at that sir!

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Fountain Stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.