UN-REAL accident footage... >

UN-REAL accident footage...

Notices

UN-REAL accident footage...

Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
I've seen a couple Fountains go turtle in the hands of previous jet-ski owners also!

Namely the three climbing one in the Carolinas I think and one on Winnipisakee wipedout 2 hours into it's depreciation life span....
We also have a 35 Fountian that tried to climb over the Lake Murray dam. Boat is now called "On the Rock's"
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Ummmmmm, ........

You just rewrote exactly what I said for some reason...which was that they drove the first "TS".... TS is the abbrieviated factory model name for the Twin Stepped Cigarettes. I didn't think I needed point that out, but I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge to anyone that would throw an opinion in on this topic and expect a shred of credibility? I apologize.

I also truly apologize for misspelling Jeffrey's last name when I quickly typed that post, or ever questioning the "possibility" that he or Stinson could have been in a position the boat didn't like. Having 400 hours of my own in a TS (Twin Step Cigarette) with no issues, is one reason I don't quickly pass negative judgment to the builder without first questioning the drivers intentions. Since they got wet, it without question is a "Michael Peters/Cigarette" design flaw, and everyone else that has ever owned or driven one successfully are irrelevant, and should just consider themselves lucky. The vast first hand experience you personally have with these boats should have alerted myself and others to this simple conclusion.

Ummmmmmm, does that make you feel better?
LOL....I'm fine but you seem a bit sensitive about all this. I believe you rewrote what I had previously written....but that's okay. I will repeat from post 80.....seems more like you have to learn more about the design deficiency and how to work around it, or at least with it. By the way, Cheng and Stinson never took that boat out together.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 AM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
They were designed to run offshore, not in a river or lake with blind corners, not that I have a problem with running them anywhere people want to but the first rule of operating any piece of machinery is proper training.
You got to be chittin' me, or maybe yourself...