Like Tree0Likes

Lake Champlain 2009

Reply
Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 AM
  #461
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rouses Point NY
My Boats: 94 scarab 29 w/ 502
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
I've been known to slide down a hill sideways on a board. A lot cheaper than the old sled.
nice! i wish i had started out as early in life as the kid, i hate getting smoked by this 9 and 10 year olds that have been riding for 5 years allready lol
Slinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
  #462
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member
 
jpmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Country, NY
My Boats: 03 Chase, ProCharged 496 MAG HO
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
the boat has a Velocity bottom on it so it is fast But Velocity was not to happy about it
Ya, I know.....I have the an 03" 800. Ole' "Velocity Tom" (before he got his pretty new Sunsation), had a 29 Velocity and it is amazing how close the hulls are. We use to talk and compare them alot. Runs amazingly well even in our "rough" big lake water. Get it up on that pad with a bit of chop and it fly's. The biggest differance is the deadrise (22 on the Chase/24 on the V) and the "X" is deeper on the Chase.
jpmac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:10 PM
  #463
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member
 
jpmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Country, NY
My Boats: 03 Chase, ProCharged 496 MAG HO
Posts: 701
Default

Here you go. Tom's former Velocity and my Chase!
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Champlain 2009-dscn8065.jpg   Lake Champlain 2009-p1020879.jpg  
jpmac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
  #464
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont
My Boats: Eclipse 233 sbc 383 dry piped
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
nice! i wish i had started out as early in life as the kid, i hate getting smoked by this 9 and 10 year olds that have been riding for 5 years allready lol
he's 3 in that pic probably had a wet diaper.
Sunshadow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:33 AM
  #465
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rouses Point NY
My Boats: 94 scarab 29 w/ 502
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
he's 3 in that pic probably had a wet diaper.
haha nice...i usually wet myself once a ride....usually due to doing something i really should have never tried! lol...
what mountains do you ride?


JP, what does the "x" dimension pertain to?
Slinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 PM
  #466
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member
 
jpmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Country, NY
My Boats: 03 Chase, ProCharged 496 MAG HO
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
haha nice...i usually wet myself once a ride....usually due to doing something i really should have never tried! lol...
what mountains do you ride?


JP, what does the "x" dimension pertain to?
Simplified with the "water" definition.....the distance between the ctr of the output shaft (prop shaft) and the lowest running surface of the boat hull as measured horizontally out from the stern to where it intersects with the vertical line down from the prop shaft. It all comes down too how much of the drive is in the water as dicated by it's position on the transom....was that more than simple??? It can get deeper with crank centerlines and engine position as well
jpmac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
  #467
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rouses Point NY
My Boats: 94 scarab 29 w/ 502
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmac View Post
Simplified with the "water" definition.....the distance between the ctr of the output shaft (prop shaft) and the lowest running surface of the boat hull as measured horizontally out from the stern to where it intersects with the vertical line down from the prop shaft. It all comes down too how much of the drive is in the water as dicated by it's position on the transom....was that more than simple??? It can get deeper with crank centerlines and engine position as well
hmmm i think i got it...its friday, my brains going into weekend mode.....

i dont know why but this boat looks like it could be fun!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...item3356930492

I hate not having much to do at work, i spend way too much time on ebay and craigslist!
Slinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
  #468
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Coast
My Boats: 1985 22' Velocity, 2003 38 Powerplay
Posts: 2,803
Default

so how did he like the DCB?
cowisl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
  #469
Registered
 
VT32SSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Champlain,Vermont
My Boats: 08 Sunsation SSR LTD -07 Donzi ZR 38 Ilmor V10s
Posts: 405
Default

Here are some shots of the Key West Poker Run and SBI World Finals...met up with the Lake Champlain Crew...Caroline and I had a blast!

Last edited by VT32SSR; 08-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
VT32SSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 PM
  #470
Registered
 
VT32SSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Champlain,Vermont
My Boats: 08 Sunsation SSR LTD -07 Donzi ZR 38 Ilmor V10s
Posts: 405
Default

A few more...

Last edited by VT32SSR; 08-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
VT32SSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Dr. Jeff
Poker Runs and Boating Events
13
06-18-2009 11:17 AM
drypipetiger
General Boating Discussion
26
09-25-2006 08:33 AM
toolman
General Boating Discussion
35
05-02-2004 10:45 AM
hawk40
General Boating Discussion
4
04-23-2004 07:40 AM
soflgrl
General Boating Discussion
1
10-13-2003 12:05 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.