Notices

cheap boats

Old 02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cheap boats

my 29 fever was a single with 500hp blue motor. I bought it for $41k 2 years ago . I know the market is down an I priced it accordingly at $39k and let it go for $35k . I have allready bought a 35 exacutioner . is it fun to be a boater ? he!! yea.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info, thanks tim.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Registered

Congrats on the successful flip, Tim B. As I'm sure you know, buying a boat is no different than buying a car for that matter. It's all about the purchase price and quality of the item. Sure, we all pay a premium for something we gotta have, but if you go about it logically and get a fair to great buy then there's no reason you can't get use out of the item for a year+ and not lose your shirt when selling.

fr65, the only way I would enter into an agreement with a 5%+ non-refundable earnest money deposit is if the property was significantly undervalued or the contract had a clause for thirty-day “due diligence” period to conduct all inspections relating to the property, etc. I can't imagine a buyer entering into an agreement with a non-refundable clause otherwise. What's your standard procedure?

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Great point Will. I am in real estate and we get HUNDEREDS of calls a week with dipchit offers. We don't even look at anything without a purchase agreement and a NON-refundable earnest money check for at least 5%. There are people out there with NO money kicking tires and playing games. We look at ALL offers also but only under the conditions I said above. If the buyer really has interest the will get the deal in writing. If they want to write a bunch of contingencies in the deal thats fine at least you know they are serious enough to put the deal in writing.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Great point Will. I am in real estate and we get HUNDEREDS of calls a week with dipchit offers. We don't even look at anything without a purchase agreement and a NON-refundable earnest money check for at least 5%. There are people out there with NO money kicking tires and playing games. We look at ALL offers also but only under the conditions I said above. If the buyer really has interest the will get the deal in writing. If they want to write a bunch of contingencies in the deal thats fine at least you know they are serious enough to put the deal in writing.
NON- Refundable Earnest money check for 5%.

Not sure I am beleiving that one. Do your listings know this?

I have bought 2 houses for myself and have neve put down more than 2K for a depsoit on a house and it was never non refundable. The 1st house was only $500.

If you don't look at offers without those conditions, doesn't that put you in a bad position with your sellers if you missed a legit buyer.

I think in TX, our listing agents are REQUIRED to inform the seller of ALL offers submitted by a potential buyer.

Just asking a question here. Not trying to start a war.

By the way, Congrats on the boat sale. You did good it sounds like.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Registered

fantastixvoyage,

you have mail

Scott
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered

I show the boat at my house, they want to hear it run , I pull it out and fire it up . if they want the boat I ask for $1000. non refundable deposit and 7 days to pay in full .