Notices

Anyone using Deisels?

Old 03-17-2002, 01:28 PM
moallen

Default Cool

Well She is That, Fast, and handles the water great . I tested her in Miami, and took her about 100 miles out. Took the 3 and 4 ft waves great. I can't want to try Her at LOTO. Allen

Old 03-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Don't Apologize, It's a True Offshore!!!

Dude,
Don't make any apologies, a sportfisherman is a true offshore, they go out while all us sissies are at the dock! My dream boat is a Buddy Davis 50, I'd give all the go fasts in the world to have those big smelly Caterpillars and a fighting chair-OOOOOOOOHHHHHH Baby!

http://www.buddydavis.com
Old 03-17-2002, 04:59 PM
moallen

Default Thanks guys

I don't feel so bad for selling my Firehawk now, And hey I can take the little wife in the cabin, for some offshore drilling Allen

Old 03-17-2002, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Curtis, given the performance of the Arneson/Yanmar Package, which has performed faster than the 500EFI/Bravo Package, I'd bet that the 36' would easily break 100, if not 110 without the need for troublesome transmissions.

Fuel Mileage would be great also! Low Maintenance, 5 yr warranty on engine… hmmm…
Old 03-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Cool!!! You will be the tallest boat at LOTO on Mem. Day. You get to fly the OSO banner!! LOL!!! Now, we just have to make an OSO banner....

I'll bet it has a big anchor too......nice place for us guys with small anchors (read: go fast boats who don't like the extra weight) to tie up!!!!!

See you at LOTO !! 66 days and counting!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered

I would want to stay with the 6 drives, the multispeed trannies would help keep the motors in the torque range.

You would only need 1 prop, rough or smooth, just change gears.

Curtis
Old 03-17-2002, 07:35 PM
moallen

Default See you at LOTO

Yes I can't wait to het the Lake . I am going to Fla to pick the boat up next weekend. It will be a load to haul this far. I like all the room on the back (more people bigger party) See ya there...Allen
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Deisels?-rearview2.jpg  

Old 03-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Default Wait a minute here!!!!!

Dude, you're gonna change the name. Right??? WHEN you do this, make sure you follow the procedure to the letter!!!! Lutzparty can help you with it if you need...he did it to his boat already this year.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Diesels - high speed?

Hi!

Check out Phantom 34 Classic with twin Yanmar 300HP = 69-70 mph top speed. Cruise all day long at 55 mph consuming 16 gallon per hour. Not bad! And you can tweek 50 HP extra per engine without probems running 74 mph .......

Average life per engine 15.000 hrs...

Cheers, Toffen G
Old 03-17-2002, 09:44 PM
moallen

Default Motor hours

I talked to a guy that has the same motors that I have and he has over 5000 hrs and has not even touched the things. That is the way to go ......Allen

Quick Reply: Anyone using Deisels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.