Like Tree0Likes

Ilmor's new drive

Reply
Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 AM
  #71
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
C_Spray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Coastal North Carolina
My Boats: 2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
Posts: 4,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
....The Ilmor engineering team has more degrees than a Russian protractor....Uncle Dave
LOL!

Just how many degrees DOES a Russian protractor have, anyway?
__________________
Retired! Boating full-time now.
C_Spray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 AM
  #72
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
C_Spray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Coastal North Carolina
My Boats: 2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
Posts: 4,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi38ZXXX View Post
The 700SCI/NXT complete package is $50,000-$55,000.
From Terry Sobo on the NXT vs. Bravo thread on SOS:

"Retail price for 525's NXT is $73,790.
Retail price for 700's NXT is $87,421.

You can substitute the drive portion with a SSM VI. That adds another $27,000 to the retail list price. However you still have the NXT transom assy w/ the integrated dry sump transmssion. That's basically a large cone clutch.

Mercury does not offer the 700 w/ a complete SSM VI package.

Just the facts Ma'am."

$87,421 is a long way from $50,000-$55,000. Even if the OEM gets 25% off of list, that's still $65,566. In the end, I suspect the pricing between a 725/Indy and a 700/NXTwill be pretty close. However - I'll bet the 725/Indy will be several mph faster.
__________________
Retired! Boating full-time now.
C_Spray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 AM
  #73
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

I have seen the OEM sheet on the 700/nxt and it is in the 50-55k range. would still much rather go with the Ilmor. What do they expect hourwise out of the 725?
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
  #74
Registered
 
NASCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
My Boats: 2017 Nor-Tech 340
Posts: 2,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
I have seen the OEM sheet on the 700/nxt and it is in the 50-55k range. would still much rather go with the Ilmor. What do they expect hourwise out of the 725?
Ilmordude would know best but I believe Ilmor is pretty comfortable w/ 300hrs +!
NASCAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
  #75
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Spray View Post
From Terry Sobo on the NXT vs. Bravo thread on SOS:

"Retail price for 525's NXT is $73,790.
Retail price for 700's NXT is $87,421.

You can substitute the drive portion with a SSM VI. That adds another $27,000 to the retail list price. However you still have the NXT transom assy w/ the integrated dry sump transmssion. That's basically a large cone clutch.

Mercury does not offer the 700 w/ a complete SSM VI package.

Just the facts Ma'am."

$87,421 is a long way from $50,000-$55,000. Even if the OEM gets 25% off of list, that's still $65,566. In the end, I suspect the pricing between a 725/Indy and a 700/NXTwill be pretty close. However - I'll bet the 725/Indy will be several mph faster.
I'm pretty sure oem pricing is about 40% off retail
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
  #76
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

So what does the Ilmor eng&drive weigh ? is it less than the 1550 of the Merc 700&Nxt ?
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
  #77
Registered
 
NASCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
My Boats: 2017 Nor-Tech 340
Posts: 2,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
So what does the Ilmor eng&drive weigh ? is it less than the 1550 of the Merc 700&Nxt ?
I believe an Ilmor 725 / Indy Drive Pkg weighs in at 300lbs less than a Merc 700/NXT pkg!
NASCAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
  #78
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

Dam then if you ran them in a trip boat save 900# thats like getting the gen. some extra fuel and some other stuff for free, at least in terms of #'s saved.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
  #79
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

I think it's a 710 not 725 unless they havn't updated their web site. How do they sound in a more than one setup? I never realy liked the way the Viper sounded.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
  #80
Registered
 
NASCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
My Boats: 2017 Nor-Tech 340
Posts: 2,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Dam then if you ran them in a trip boat save 900# thats like getting the gen. some extra fuel and some other stuff for free, at least in terms of #'s saved.
Agreed!
NASCAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Canada Jeff
Drives and Lower Units
10
07-19-2007 03:38 PM
DiamondPerformance
New Products and Member Discounts
3
05-31-2007 09:36 PM
thayes11
General Q & A
0
10-02-2005 01:36 PM
Velocity Tom
General Boating Discussion
4
07-16-2003 11:13 AM
panteraracin
General Q & A
3
02-07-2002 11:36 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.