Like Tree0Likes

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Reply
Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
  #131
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomnfun View Post
Karma will win in the end....
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  #132
10x
10x
VIP Member
 
10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: La Grange Ill
My Boats: 1989 10 mtr Fountain
Posts: 4,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
I thought here name is camilla ,,not karma ?

Camila, Karma, Carrie, he's got a stable of em. LMAO

Call karma 1st thing in the morning.

Now go back to your Grey Goose and Pinky.
__________________
Fountain powerboats rule "The Preacher"
Chicago Powerboat Club Director
[email protected]
www.chicagopowerboat.com
10x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM
  #133
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Its all about KARMA man, I don't understand how you ship a piece of art half azzed, who ever crated them motors is the one to pay for the new parts and labor. and if not thats bad MOJO and a SPELL will be put a pond thee well ita midnight got to get chit rolling kkkaaarrrmmmaaaaa will get you in the end mmmhuhuhuhuhaarrr
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 AM
  #134
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default

Well after reading through this here is the conclusion that I have come to.
I do respect Gary and Erik and what they have and what they have done and their friendship with Larry. I have gotten to know Bill for a couple years now and while impetuous, I would find it hard to meet other people with his character about doing the right thing. He always does and I believe that is what he expected Larry to do. My take is that when Larry's shop, made the motor mounts stronger, and charged Bill to do it, it totally negated the charges and additional precautions to only put one or so bolts in. there is the rub with Bill, regardless of how Larry felt about it, his employees made a mistake, how he handled the aftermath was squarely on Larry's shoulders.
That being said, as much as it pained him, all he had to say in the beginning was I'm sorry it happened, lets make a plan to make it right. The subsequent name calling and insinuations into others characters should have been avoided. As a business owner, if a customer trusts me enough to hand over their money, it is my obligation to provide them the product we have agreed on. Yes accidents do happen, but all of this could have been avoided with returned phone calls, and to me, a damaged engine that the customer just laid out big money for, is a priority, and deserves immediate response, even if it just to acknowledge the customers point of view and start the process. Hopefully every thing will get rectified to everyone's satisfaction.

As for the people piling on that really does no good...and as far as Daredevil, you really need to stop posting on threads with ethics questions as we all have seen how you handled your customers. Your constant adding of your 2 cents does nothing but inflame situations that could be avoided. Do yourself a favor and think more, post less..you'll be surprised at how much more intelligent you seem.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
  #135
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
Camila, Karma, Carrie, he's got a stable of em. LMAO

Call karma 1st thing in the morning.

Now go back to your Grey Goose and Pinky.
Call karma 1st thing in the morning.
Will do Frankie just walked in the door , and going to bed for a few hours , no Grey [email protected]@se 4 me last nite Bro spent it at the Hosp with Pinky & her mom . Lites out
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 AM
  #136
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
Well after reading through this here is the conclusion that I have come to.
I do respect Gary and Erik and what they have and what they have done and their friendship with Larry. I have gotten to know Bill for a couple years now and while impetuous, I would find it hard to meet other people with his character about doing the right thing. He always does and I believe that is what he expected Larry to do. My take is that when Larry's shop, made the motor mounts stronger, and charged Bill to do it, it totally negated the charges and additional precautions to only put one or so bolts in. there is the rub with Bill, regardless of how Larry felt about it, his employees made a mistake, how he handled the aftermath was squarely on Larry's shoulders.
That being said, as much as it pained him, all he had to say in the beginning was I'm sorry it happened, lets make a plan to make it right. The subsequent name calling and insinuations into others characters should have been avoided. As a business owner, if a customer trusts me enough to hand over their money, it is my obligation to provide them the product we have agreed on. Yes accidents do happen, but all of this could have been avoided with returned phone calls, and to me, a damaged engine that the customer just laid out big money for, is a priority, and deserves immediate response, even if it just to acknowledge the customers point of view and start the process. Hopefully every thing will get rectified to everyone's satisfaction.

As for the people piling on that really does no good...and as far as Daredevil, you really need to stop posting on threads with ethics questions as we all have seen how you handled your customers. Your constant adding of your 2 cents does nothing but inflame situations that could be avoided. Do yourself a favor and think more, post less..you'll be surprised at how much more intelligent you seem.
I agree with everything you have said here.

I believe a tube was bent relating to the oil pump and any money owed in shipping or parts cost is being taken care of.

Erik
40FlatDeck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
  #137
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sudbury Ontario
My Boats: 05 PQ Avenger Poker Run Edition 525EFI's
Posts: 2,771
Default

I've read the thread from start to finish and it simply blows me away how people chim in talking chit about this guys post and that guys post and the lack of inteligence and all the rest of the crap...and then the worldly leader of all righteousness tries to anylize and compile all the posts into one sumary....see I'm doing it nowtoo!!!
Call me a ding dong too if it makes you feel better.....
It all goes back to the very first post........post # 1.
For those that forgot, Running Hot was simply asking a question on how people would handle a specific issue.......simple question!
There was no name calling and no bashing involved...and he didn't name the engine shop.....read post # 1 Again!!!
RunningHot if I'm not mistaking your name is Bill correct??
Bill, nice engine and I love your pool!!
Peace out!!
verbi69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
  #138
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

[QUOTE=40FlatDeck;2809918

I believe a tube was bent relating to the oil pump and any money owed in shipping or parts cost is being taken care of.



And I believe i can Fly , And I believe dogs can talk

Any word from LARRYS ENGINE AND MARINE on the phone records ??????? Could make all the difference for a fine OSO charity


Have a great weekend Erik

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-27-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: pic download
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
  #139
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbi69 View Post
I've read the thread from start to finish and it simply blows me away how people chim in talking chit about this guys post and that guys post and the lack of inteligence and all the rest of the crap...and then the worldly leader of all righteousness tries to anylize and compile all the posts into one sumary....see I'm doing it nowtoo!!!
Call me a ding dong too if it makes you feel better.....
It all goes back to the very first post........post # 1.
For those that forgot, Running Hot was simply asking a question on how people would handle a specific issue.......simple question!
There was no name calling and no bashing involved...and he didn't name the engine shop.....read post # 1 Again!!!
RunningHot if I'm not mistaking your name is Bill correct??
Bill, nice engine and I love your pool!!
Peace out!!
RunningHot if I'm not mistaking your name is Bill correct??

You are corrrect on all counts Bro
and thanks for the compliments .. See ya on the water i;m easy to find and dont hide from anyone
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:28 PM
  #140
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 495
Default

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2810072][QUOTE=40FlatDeck;2809918

I believe a tube was bent relating to the oil pump and any money owed in shipping or parts cost is being taken care of.



And I believe i can Fly , And I believe dogs can talk

Any word from LARRYS ENGINE AND MARINE on the phone records ??????? Could make all the difference for a fine OSO charity


Have a great weekend Erik [/QUOTE]

Phone records???? I'm not CSI, so I'm not sure what phone records will do???

Does he still owe you something???? If he does, what is it, and I will get it for you.

Your posts make it hard to understand what exactly you need, or what exactly was broken......If they still owe you something TELL ME and I will get it for you.

Erik
40FlatDeck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
R Addiction
General Boating Discussion
22
03-12-2008 10:32 AM
Kokopelli
General Q & A
8
02-21-2004 09:24 AM
Johno
General Boating Discussion
13
01-31-2003 12:41 AM
BGIII
General Boating Discussion
2
03-27-2002 07:19 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.