Like Tree0Likes

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Reply
Old 02-21-2009, 12:40 AM
  #51
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
thunderusone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Mt Juliet, TN
My Boats: Previous 37 OL Current 42 Outerlimits
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Performance View Post
Bill,
I ship all of my engines with Fedex Freight and they have been great. If the crate isn't damaged, it falls on who packaged it. It should have been secured better. You should see my crates. They are damn near bulletproof. They have to be with these shipping companies.
I shipped a pair of engines to Ca. with Bax Global. They put a forklift fork through the side of the crate and through the valve cover. Pieces of the valve cover made it down through the heads and into the lifter valley. From there some pieces went all the way to the pan. It was a 598 ci with 2.3 quadrotors. I had to remove the blowers and intake, oil pan, etc to clean it all out. I was still a nervous wreck that I didn't get it all. I flew to CA. to do it. I had it sent to a local shop and I flew out to fix it myself. Bax only paid for the valve cover. They would not pay any labor to fix it. The cover was the only actual broken part.However, it cost me a couple grand to fix it.(plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc) They were insured for 30K each since that was Bax's maximum. I got about $300 from them for the cover. Needless to say, I never shipped with them again. Sorry for your trouble. Call me if I can help in any way. Good luck.
Eddie
I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body.
thunderusone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 AM
  #52
PF Marine
Platinum Member
 
Coolerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderusone View Post
I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body.
wtf, drunk posting? Ya know, if you are blowing the reeds out of it, your wood isn't hard enough!!

This one time, at band band camp......

Last edited by Coolerman; 02-21-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Coolerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 AM
  #53
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Performance View Post
Bill,
I ship all of my engines with Fedex Freight and they have been great. If the crate isn't damaged, it falls on who packaged it. It should have been secured better. You should see my crates. They are damn near bulletproof. They have to be with these shipping companies.
I shipped a pair of engines to Ca. with Bax Global. They put a forklift fork through the side of the crate and through the valve cover. Pieces of the valve cover made it down through the heads and into the lifter valley. From there some pieces went all the way to the pan. It was a 598 ci with 2.3 quadrotors. I had to remove the blowers and intake, oil pan, etc to clean it all out. I was still a nervous wreck that I didn't get it all. I flew to CA. to do it. I had it sent to a local shop and I flew out to fix it myself. Bax only paid for the valve cover. They would not pay any labor to fix it. The cover was the only actual broken part.However, it cost me a couple grand to fix it.(plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc) They were insured for 30K each since that was Bax's maximum. I got about $300 from them for the cover. Needless to say, I never shipped with them again. Sorry for your trouble. Call me if I can help in any way. Good luck.
Eddie
Thnx Eddie , well that sounds like a phuched up mess they created for you never had anything that bad did get a bravo drive delivered from Donnie Carter with a busted skeg /prop shaft, and forklift tire marks over the box ... he sent another one same day and said he got a check for the broken one too. Out of town till monday will give you a call then ,called you last friday the 13th and left a message
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 AM
  #54
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

[QUOTE=thunderusone;2805169]I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body

Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment.???
Packed gently between your AZZ cheeks LMAO

Are you bored up there in Rotor shuefling Tenn ??? No nice knockers & puzzy up there
This started out a very very Serious post
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
  #55
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
Holy $hit BIG DADDY !!! No wonder you're so pizzed off, I'd be too. Well, so much for the idea of changing a fitting.
Phuch that fitting if it was that Frankie she'd be in the boat already and runnin on the hose,and i'd call you and let you listen to it .. LMAO

Put the bottle down now
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 AM
  #56
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
AugiePensa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: JERSEY,
My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab
Posts: 6,166
Default

With my family being in the moving and storage and rigging business since 1923 I can tell you ALL the packing in the world you PAID for don't mean $hit if you didn't put a "VALUATION" on the shippment! What this means is the company doing the shipping IS NOT an insurance Company, they are The Carriers, they can't sell you insurance BUT they CAN sell you VALUATION (Same thing, different words). Now, in order to be covered you MUST cover the entire shippment for "THE TOTAL VALUE" meaning 100% of what those engines cost you to replace so you would have wanted "TOTAL VALUE REPLACEMENT VALUATION". Any questions call me, Augie, 201-665-1033. The shipping Company should have told you all this up front. Bad Bussiness
__________________
P4-13 Team THE JERSEY BOYZ OFFSHORE POWERBOAT RACING, OPA/ SBI/APBA/UIM. PRESIDENT: THE JERSEY BOYZ , VICE-PRESIDENT: OPA RACING, THE GREAT SOUTH BAY RACING ASSOCIATION. WAZZUP RACING ENGINES

Last edited by AugiePensa; 02-21-2009 at 09:15 AM.
AugiePensa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:53 AM
  #57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
WildWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PA/ MD
My Boats: 2003 Hustler Talon ,1997-TopGun
Posts: 396
Default

I understand what your going through Bill with this shipping crap.
Even when I have refused shipment, gone through all the proper claims with driver ,carrier etc it still costs us time $ and mostly the frustration that nobody gives a damn following payment.
When I received my brand new Pro Mod body from only 300 miles away it looked like it had been shipped to the hood and back 10 times .Cracked , bent ,ripped made a deal with carrier right then and there as we needed body and it would be a several month turn around for the manufacturer to fix.I wish I could find the pictures of this body in pieces still in the trailer,it is hard to believe the driver even opened the door for me to accept it.i know don't shoot the messenger, ya right!
Took us a week to get paint ready and never received a penny from any one.I now refuse anything with more than a scratch on it.
We pretty muck live in the day of f-- k you it's not my fault.
Good luck Wild Bill!
WildWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
  #58
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWarrior View Post
I understand what your going through Bill with this shipping crap.
Even when I have refused shipment, gone through all the proper claims with driver ,carrier etc it still costs us time $ and mostly the frustration that nobody gives a damn following payment.
When I received my brand new Pro Mod body from only 300 miles away it looked like it had been shipped to the hood and back 10 times .Cracked , bent ,ripped made a deal with carrier right then and there as we needed body and it would be a several month turn around for the manufacturer to fix.I wish I could find the pictures of this body in pieces still in the trailer,it is hard to believe the driver even opened the door for me to accept it.i know don't shoot the messenger, ya right!
Took us a week to get paint ready and never received a penny from any one.I now refuse anything with more than a scratch on it.
We pretty muck live in the day of f-- k you it's not my fault.
Good luck Wild Bill!
We pretty much live in the day of f-c k you it's not my fault. I here ya there Glenn

Did Rudy Tutty get all the Meth kit stuff back from Larrys @Ariz??? Last i spoke to him not yet ,and its been done on the dyno since the 4th... Let me know if ya'll did'nt get it back send me a bill and Pinky will make it right 4 you guys..

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-21-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: pic download
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 PM
  #59
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: naples,florida
My Boats: 19'baron to name a few
Posts: 3,543
Default

I went thru it with a lot of hydraulic parts being shipped cross country over the years. What the hell do these guys do at the terminal take bets on how hard they can toss stuff around and drop it before it breaks/ I would think 50% of the job would be to handle the products with care and deligence.
tommymonza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:29 PM
  #60
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymonza View Post
I went thru it with a lot of hydraulic parts being shipped cross country over the years. What the hell do these guys do at the terminal take bets on how hard they can toss stuff around and drop it before it breaks/ I would think 50% of the job would be to handle the products with care and deligence.
I would think 50% of the job would be to handle the products with care and deligence.


I would think percentages should be much better then that ,gotta luv it though we can buy insurance from them/for them not to Phuch up our chit ..... who would a thought ??
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
R Addiction
General Boating Discussion
22
03-12-2008 10:32 AM
Kokopelli
General Q & A
8
02-21-2004 09:24 AM
Johno
General Boating Discussion
13
01-31-2003 12:41 AM
BGIII
General Boating Discussion
2
03-27-2002 07:19 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.