Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O.T. need help/advise/constacts for new company startup >

O.T. need help/advise/constacts for new company startup

Notices

O.T. need help/advise/constacts for new company startup

Old 05-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I saw this gizmo at another site (where the website owner likes to take credit for making water wet - at least it seems that way...) and had no idea it was my bud Rambunctious that was behind it!

Good deal Rob - you'll be running a 357 before you know it!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Allan4

Hey Dockrocker, your "location" brings a frown to my face...I sure hope it is not the end of an era, those boys are gettin old. I say bring back SCOTTIE!!!

Old 05-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: O.T. need help/advise/constacts for new company startup

Allen, I don't think even Scotty could've helped - sometimes when you feed a starving man, he forgets what's it like to be hungry. Just think the Wings didn't have enough in the tank. Look at all the "stars" that were no-shows in the playoffs? Paging Mr Shanahan, Mr. Hull, Mr. Datsuyk, etc.....
Old 05-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JTMiller

can you send an email to my address.(see below) and include your father's company name. I have a presentation prepared . I would like to include his company name in a couple places and then send the presentation to you. the file is quite large as it has quite a few graphics.

Allan 4.
Please tell me the best email to send a similar package to you as well and to discuss additional details. By the way, I was very impressed with how professional and well spoken your sites were. class act.

Doc rocker, thanks for the encouragement, yes the 357 is still the next goal.
anything pan out with the career development?

i can be reached at [email protected]
thanks again for the help

Ramb
Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Allan4

Ram,

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate that very much. My e-mail address is [email protected] I am interested in reading over any material you can send me. Keep working hard and thanks again...

Dock,

I hear ya, I was wondering what happened to Hull. I am a fan, but I do not follow them really closely, but I try to catch as many of the Tourney games I can and keep up with them via the paper and Sprts Center thru the season. Sad to see them getting old...what a dynasty. I was at that game at Joe Lewis in 2002 when they beat the Avs 7-0 and it occured to me at that time that the players I was watching play that game were the best collection of players I had ever seen play a game. 10 future Hall of Famers on the teams combined. When the Wings had a Penalty killing line of Yzerman, Hull, Lindstrom and Chelios....well...let's just say I will never forget that....I can't tell you how many 1000's of hockey games I have been to or played in..but those 4 guys right there were enough to give me the chills....

All things must come to an end...it was a hell of a run.....

Allan

Old 05-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Awesome35

Well I just saw this thread congrats on the progress Ramb! You have made alot of progress it seems! My suggestions were to go to the local SBA ,I visited them & S.C.O.R.E. here in Nebraska to get the business plan done by an MBA Grad student. If you have not done so yet entrepeneur.com,& inventorsdigest.com, are very informative & useful sites. I am not a paying member to OSO so I cannot view your product,it does seem as though I've seen it. I have a couple of products of my own & just recieved my utility patent on one (it took 2 years).Oddly enough it is also trailer hitch related.I have a website that I will be updating "www.hitchyker.com "if youd like to see what I have.I am now looking for manufacturing,licesing,& marketing help also.
If yourself or anyone can help me,or if youd like to ask me questions about what I have experienced so far just write or call. My email [email protected] ,thank's & good luck! Tim

Last edited by Awesome35; 05-19-2004 at 08:25 AM.

Old 05-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Registered

Hey awesome tim. your products are great ideas!!!

seems we are both in the same level of commercialization. product is designed, an inventory is manufactured, and selling on a small scale, we just need a large contract manufacturer, or license someone and let them make it.

we are still iterating on the retail price vs. demand. and of course looking for ways to lower the manufacturing cost to allign with that retail price. (translated...make more profit)

curious what $$$ you are selling your products for. I will email you

thanks

Ramb
Old 05-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Awesome35

Please do email [email protected] , thanks for the compliments! I have yet to see yours so if you have a website let me know,or just email me a pic. I do not have the hitch built yet other than prototypes.
I am looking for a manufacturer.I can tell you more in an email.
I do have the magnetic clips manufactured & can build as many as needed. I have a few more ideas & adaptations I am working on also. I think the magnetic wire clip would be great for people here who tow their boats. The clip retails for about $6.50,my target retail on the hitch is about $180,I'd like to get that lower but with the cost of steel it has been difficult.Tim

Old 05-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

Allan and Tim,

.....you got mail......
Old 05-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Allan4

Ram...gotcha, I will look it over tomorrow. I got your 2nd e-mail today.

Thanks man, talk with you soon

Allan