Notices

Boat Condom/cover

Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Cover

Hey Hot Duck,

What did you pay for your cover on the 39? - I'm just trying to get a budget put together....
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious as to price as well? What kind of deal can we get, were in a recession you know.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Give us a baseline. What is the approximate cost for one of those mentioned above? Say the Gladiator for example.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Interested as well. How good are these covers keeping water out from rain? decent?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Every boat will be different depending on material and man hours, but I believe I have around 5K in that full cover. They made that and some other stuff for me at the same time, but I am pretty sure the big cover was 5K. I know that sounds like a lot of money and it is, but it protects the boat extremely well and is a lot cheaper than building a garage. Besides, a garage can only protect the boat at home and doesn't do it any good while traveling or out of town. Also consider what a paint job costs now and it doesn't seem so bad.

The covers are padded underneath and are heavily reinforced where needed. They do a great job at repelling water. I like the fact that the boat is protected from the weather and road debris (stone chips) while traveling. It also adds a level of security because it takes a few minutes to get inside the boat with the cover on. It could send a crook looking for an easier target. What I like most though is that you can clean the boat at home before hitting the road and no matter what weather you travel through, the boat is just as clean when you arrive where you are going as it was when you left home.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

They have been doing all my stuff for the last 19 years there is no one better.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sunbrella product called sunbrella supreme. It has the durable outer layer with a soft under layer. The final product was nothing short of fantastic. No more stone chips from trailering. Here is a link:
http://www.sunbrella.com/na/en/marine.pl
Attached Thumbnails Boat Condom/cover-new-full-cover-001-1.jpg  

Last edited by ROTAX454; 02-27-2009 at 06:57 AM.