Boat speed limit in Maine!!!!! >

Boat speed limit in Maine!!!!!

Notices

Boat speed limit in Maine!!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that the Game Wardens don't mean that we have it in the bag. It does seem however that in Maine they do give a lot of weight to what they (the Game Wardens) do say.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LLEnchanter
Speed limit on Long Lake, NY is 50 mph, and has been for sometime now. The Town Board passed the resolution back about '98. It was all due to tree hugging environmentalists who don't like power boats what so ever, needless to say they have money backing them. Then they proposed limiting access to power boats beyond a certain part of the lake, but that was shot down. Then they tried to put a ban on all PWC, which was shot down also. Now their new thing is to try to ban power boats on certain rivers, lakes and ponds in order to achieve " Quiet Waters" for their own pleasure, while they paddle their canoes and kayaks. Only this time they are doing it through the state level. Not much is posted in papers on this subject and the reason is because they are feeding the pockets of the NYS Adirondack Park Agency and of the elected officials in Albany, that they are keeping it hush hush. If they get their way, what waters will be next? Problem is, there is not enough voices opposing all the proposed bans. Every one has got to get together and fight these SOB's and put them in their place. People have to start speaking up or they will just keep getting what they want. As far as I'm concerned, all governments here in the US have to be restructured, from the local level all the way to the federal government. Throw them all out and start from scratch!!! The mess these politicians have created and continue to create is going to affect our country for a long long time, but yet I don't see any one speaking out. I and a others in my town have spoken out against our Town Board, did we get results, no we didn't, but we will force them to uphold our demands. One thing I think people don't remember, they are not the law, we the people are the law, we just hire them to uphold the law. If you want my voice opposing the speed limit, contact me and tell me who to write and I would gladly do so. But, in return, I want you to write the NYS APA and oppose the "Quiet Waters" proposal. Numbers do count!!! Good Luck!!!

John
John,

Thanks for you interest and support. As Audiofn mentioned the public hearing went very well and most definitely in our favor opposing this bill. I am gathering a list of who to contact regarding this bill. Shoot over who I should contact to help out the boaters in NY. I'd be glad to help.

Also, big thanks to Jim Vonwalske, we really appreciated your input on this matter. Your suggestions were very helpful.

Keep our fingers crossed, we're not quite out of the woods yet!

Kurt
Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kurt,
Thanks for writing. I believe if we all stick together, we can beat these morons. Here is the info to contact the APA here in New York. Please note that they do not accept email.

phone: 518-891-4050
fax: 518-891-3938
address:
NYS Adirondack Park Agency
P.O. Box 99
1133 NYS Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977

Our regular business hours are 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday.
http://www.apa.state.ny.us/index.html

Thanks,

John