Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204853-purchase-deal-went-wrong-need-advice.html)

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:17 PM

Mike wrote:
Here is the letter from my mechanic. I don't care of internall parts. Yes, they were used and needed a rebuilt, but both blocks being cracked and looks like someone had done the scam inside the motor as well. Read the report from my mechanic, it will explain if it all.

Hi Mike,

Yesterday I went over to the machine shop to check the satus of your engines. I was not very happy when I saw the results. After boring the blocks we found two cracks in each block, in the same place ob both blocks. In cylinder # 3 & 5 about half way down. The strange part is that they are staight lines in a circular direction ( the do not follow the direction of the piston-up and down). Pete (the machinist) has never seen a crack in this form before, after consulting with other machine shops and myself, we decided that it is too risky to try to sleeve the block. We are afraid that the block will try to separate, the deck from the bottom. It is our conclusion that the engines had water in them at freezing temps which caused the cracks.

After further inspection of the rods and pistons, we found a large dent in one piston. The funny thing there is that there was nothing in the block or oil pan that could have caused this. My thought is that the engine had a failure at some point and they did a half-ass repair, removing the broken part and bolting it back together.

These engines are a mess! The valve seats are severely pitted as well as the valves (in the cylinders that are cracked). We can not identify what brand of rods are in the engines, they appear to be an inferior rod for the application. The crankshafts are forged, not billet. This is fine for an eight to nine hundred horse power engine but not twelve hundred. I think that someone has sustituted good parts with junk! We checked the CC's on the pistons, they measured at 33 ccs. This will put the compression at around 10 to 1. Way too high for a supercharged pleasure boat application! This motor should be at about 8 to 1. I am glad we decided to tear down the engines. If we had bolted them in and ran them as is, they probably wouldn't have lasted through the fist day!

At this point we are giong to need to replace the the valve seats, rods, pistons and blocks. I have attatched a picture of one of the blocks with the dye check on it ( the red lines indicate the cracks) and a picture of one of the cylinder heads (showing the pitting from water) I am working on getting together an estimate for you . Talk to you soon .
Thanks
Mario

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2821110)
You bought USED 1000hp engines that would normally sell for 100k+ new. You took a chance on a great deal and now you are complaining because you have to invest more than you bargained for on the rebuilds. Is there any way the seller could have known about the internal engine problems??? I highly doubt it.
Those engines were running when they were removed. I have known the seller for several years. He is a straight shooter, no bs guy.

Jassman 03-14-2009 01:21 PM

either post names, or pm people on the board that can possibly help you... don't waste everyone's time with a he said she said thread that goes on for pages of negative bashing and no one get's anywhere... it's real simple. Thank You and have a nice day. Jeff

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:22 PM

Also to make another note to your friend. If his not a BS person, he would have cooperated with me as well. I am taking full legal action on him, and my attorney has already contacted him, and he has denyied everything, that the motors were in good running condition as they were in his boat. This is not an answer, the motors could not even lasted for one minute. He pulled a good one and i will make sure this would not happen to anyone else in this group. Being a Private Investigator, i will not tolerate this. If you would have come clean and indicated that he is out of money, like he told he his house is on foreclosure and he has not money. Well BS he has lot's assets, just one of his cars is over 100K

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2821110)
You bought USED 1000hp engines that would normally sell for 100k+ new. You took a chance on a great deal and now you are complaining because you have to invest more than you bargained for on the rebuilds. Is there any way the seller could have known about the internal engine problems??? I highly doubt it.
Those engines were running when they were removed. I have known the seller for several years. He is a straight shooter, no bs guy.

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:25 PM

Scott, stop telling your frineds a wrong story, you did not have the money and it took over 2 month, so i would not say anthing about a bad Karma.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2821033)
Empire007 just got a taste of karma since he screwed over a guy on Sunsation's site for a set of super chillers. DominatorScott is on other boards and is well respected on Sunsation's site (and has the fastest 32 Sunsation out there, 114mph I believe) so I would say this Empire is a scammer.
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/sho...ed=1#post34775

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:26 PM

It was from an individual, His name was Jeff Brozovich. I will find the add that was listed in Classifieds

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 2820942)
Yikes.. Did they come from LOTO? Was it a dealer or individual?

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:26 PM

I really don't know

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 2820945)
is he on oso normally???

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2820952)
What ad and give us some info! Bummer!

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Faramarz Hakimijoo\My Documents\My Pictures\Boat[/IMG]

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:33 PM

Scott, i have all the emails and to prove what and ******* you are, with the deal, i will look and find the emails on Monday, so i could prove that there was no deal, until i would call you on Friday by 12:00 p.m. if my other deal did not go through, which it did, so how did we have a deal, when you have been going back and forth for past two months and never had the money and at the end, you indicated you had to only use a credit card and then you had split it up into three different cards. Come on, your a big man, what the F***k are youy talking about. I will put the emails for everyone, so they know about the truth.

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 2821030)

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:34 PM

Scammer my ass, if you don't know the story, i would not put any comment out there

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2821033)
Empire007 just got a taste of karma since he screwed over a guy on Sunsation's site for a set of super chillers. DominatorScott is on other boards and is well respected on Sunsation's site (and has the fastest 32 Sunsation out there, 114mph I believe) so I would say this Empire is a scammer.
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/sho...ed=1#post34775

empire0007 03-14-2009 01:35 PM

Karma is a bit(h huh) i do agree and it will get him back soon in the legal action for dumping 23K on someone

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2821024)
Karma's a bit(h huh? :)