Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Gauges Are In Now ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204894-what-gauges-now.html)

KEPP 03-16-2009 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2822354)
U are ,,maybe correct on all facts ,,exept for the Gaffrig !!!

Me as an reg. person hate to tell U ,,,,,that Gaffrig is asembled in house and the parts are manufactured IN THE USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Feel free to call Gaffrig !!!!!!!!!!!!! for the best Gauge and price out there !!!:ernaehrung004:

First of all I want to acknowledge that I see you helping people here on OSO everyday and for that I commend you

But now you step into our realm of expertise and well myself as just a distributor of every major marine product in our industry will out of respect to Gaffrig refrain in posting the source and contacts of the Gaffrig gauges manufacture.

Now you may wonder just how I could know this but you see the same overseas source approached us to have gauges made for us. We chose to stick to all american made gauges for our companies.

I suggest you call Mike Shultz and get the facts better yet take a drive over there and take a peek at the manufacturing facility? I will be more than glad to have Mike livorsi post his manufacturing facility pictures on the web. Lets see if you can get those Gaffrig manufacturing facility pictures up here? Hey wasn't there suppose to be some new all Gaffrig store on the East Coast by now?

KEPP 03-16-2009 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2822714)
U gota be kidding me !!!!!!

Have u ever opend a autometer or livorsi gauge ??????

MAN O MAN ,,,it says right on it ,,,when u open it ( in the back ) made in china ,,or some made in mexico and some others ( all the same brand ) ,,made in urugay !!!!!

Dude ,,,sorry ,,i hope your not scott from KE ,,get your story's straight and STOP lieing to sell a product !!!!!!

Thats it ,,,,i am out of this one ,,bash at me or any other as much as u whant ,,but PLEASE don't lie !!!:eek::food-smiley-007:

OH,,,and i forgot ,,how many more colors doea livorsi have over Gaffrig ???
-1- and the custom stuff,,,i believe the 1 color he has more is LIME GREEN ?!

Had to say that ,,sorry.

Your opinions are always valued but the insult to integrity is not. I am recognized by all of my peers as a straight shooter. There would be no need to lie as all I have done is discuss manufacturing locations. Trust me I have never had to lie to sell a part.

I respect your passion for the Gaffrig brand and Mike Shultz. I will tell you a little hint though? Did you notice that Gaffrig doesn't crimp a bezel on to their gauge to change the colors of their gauges? That they glue a colored cover on to their bezel? you know why? I mean really whats it going take video footage for you understand that I'm not making this up.

For the sake of Mike Shultz you should just call me and we could discuss, laugh, argue you name it. But in the end it's not fair for me to tear a guys company a part in the forums to prove a point to a single individual. I hope you can at least respect that,

jdub 03-17-2009 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by wet_rat (Post 2822573)
So Rex Marine is falsely advertising???

Here's the link.....

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2..._Code=AMMarine

Here's the quote....

"Auto Meter Marine Gauges are relatively new. Auto Meter Marine models include
Pro-Comp White, Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Silver, Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Chrome Rim,
and Pro-Comp Carbon Fiber.

Auto Meter Marine Gauges include the following features that their Automotive High
Performance counterparts don't:

• Sealed Lenses to help prevent moisture and fogging inside the gauges
• Non-corrosive internal and external components to withstand harsh marine conditions
• Full one-year limited warranty for use in marine applications"

Rex Marine is correct...the lens is sealed. But the back of the gauge is not.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeseries.aspx

ActiveThunder 03-17-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 2822604)
I probably passed you two in my 220,000 mile Toyota!!!!

Many, many people did. And quite a few were laughing and pointing. :mad:

I still love the car though.....

lotojim 03-17-2009 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=GrandTimes;2822567]nice jim, def post pics, I wanted to do the same thing to it when i had it, are you doing anything else to it ?[/QUOT

Hi Larry! The dash is getting done now (red). New gauges, bezels. New carpet. Took off old pinstipe on trailer and had Formula put on it. Installed drive showers. Can't think of any thing more. I'll take pics and post when I'm done.
How about your beast. Can't wait to see it, and take a ride. If you are ordering new gauges (gaffrig) my father-in-law got me a great deal. I'm sure he would you also. H

rexone 03-19-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by wet_rat (Post 2822573)
So Rex Marine is falsely advertising???

Here's the link.....

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2..._Code=AMMarine

Here's the quote....

"Auto Meter Marine Gauges are relatively new. Auto Meter Marine models include
Pro-Comp White, Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Silver, Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Chrome Rim,
and Pro-Comp Carbon Fiber.

Auto Meter Marine Gauges include the following features that their Automotive High
Performance counterparts don't:

• Sealed Lenses to help prevent moisture and fogging inside the gauges
• Non-corrosive internal and external components to withstand harsh marine conditions
• Full one-year limited warranty for use in marine applications"

No Rex Marine is not falsely advertising. The lenses are sealed. The entire gauge is not sealed and neither is Livorsi. Please send me a PM for a quote on Auto Meter or Livorsi. We maintain one of the most extensive stocks of Auto Meter in the industry.

Mike