Octane booster / Tulane ???? >

Octane booster / Tulane ????

Notices

Octane booster / Tulane ????

Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Octane Boost does little or nothing to raise the actual octane of the fuel - it does, however, have some effect on retarding pre-detonation. That's not enough in my opinion to warrant usage of the stuff. Read the bottles carefully - they state "raises octane as much as "x" points" where "x" represents the "tenth" in the octane rating - i.e. if they say it raises the octane 3 points that means it takes 89.0 to 89.3 not 89 to 92.

Toluene is the only way to go other than adding AV Gas or some other higher octane gas to 89. 10X has the formula correct - there are lots of articles on the internet that talk about using Toluene as an octane boost.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Last 55 gallon drums we bought were 3.50 a gallon ,menards and home depot have the 1 gallon jugs
bill where are you buying your 55 gal drums,i need 1?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
bill where are you buying your 55 gal drums,i need 1?
Mike the Sherwin Williams paint store in frankfort rt 45 & St francis . no deposit on barrels let me know they may ask you for a account # for the good pricing
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out ACES octane boost. One of the prominent engine builders over on Scream and Fly recently did an interesting test with it and was found to be successful. Check it out:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=180557

The test was done with a high performance OB that would typically run 100% race fuel and any sort of running on just 93 octane would melt this motor down.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never heard of using toulene, I have been using torco, is toulene just as good?

http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant speak for the Ace product however Rudy Dryden had a friend at an oil company perform octane tests testing on all of the top name boost products including Torco .They essentially gained up to 1.5 points over 93 or 94.5 total octane with the Torco being the best.

With that being said they also tested toulene which used to contain detonation worked the best and netted 98.5 octane when mixed 10% mix with 93 pump gas.

You have to be careful not to use to much as you will loose throttle response etc.
It is not a substitute for race fuel by any means, we run a 10% or less mix of toulene and 93 up to 8 lbs of boost at which time our methanol injection kicks in.
For us at $3.00 per gallon 55 gallon drums it gives a bit of safety over straight pump gas that none of the high dollar additives really give us.
We run knock sensors,air fuel and egt sensors on 4 holes and have had zero issues running 100s of gallons of 10% mixed toulene to this point 235 hrs so far.
Works for us!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
I cant speak for the Ace product however Rudy Dryden had a friend at an oil company perform octane tests testing on all of the top name boost products including Torco .They essentially gained up to 1.5 points over 93 or 94.5 total octane with the Torco being the best.

With that being said they also tested toulene which used to contain detonation worked the best and netted 98.5 octane when mixed 10% mix with 93 pump gas.

You have to be careful not to use to much as you will loose throttle response etc.
It is not a substitute for race fuel by any means, we run a 10% or less mix of toulene and 93 up to 8 lbs of boost at which time our methanol injection kicks in.
For us at $3.00 per gallon 55 gallon drums it gives a bit of safety over straight pump gas that none of the high dollar additives really give us.
We run knock sensors,air fuel and egt sensors on 4 holes and have had zero issues running 100s of gallons of 10% mixed toulene to this point 235 hrs so far.
Works for us!

8 lbs of boost at which time our methanol injection kicks in. !!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildWarrior

Works for us!
I am interested in the Ice Injection. I am working on the motors now.. I May have a pair of 1100's. Email me so I can call you.. WE can talk about this

[email protected]

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you adding mystery oil or something as a lubricant when mixing toulene?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aTX427
Are you adding mystery oil or something as a lubricant when mixing toulene?
Yes to the Methanol ,not to the Toluene

Quick Reply: Octane booster / Tulane ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.