Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Some residents and businesses trying to ban personal watergraft on Lake George, NY >

Some residents and businesses trying to ban personal watergraft on Lake George, NY

Notices

Some residents and businesses trying to ban personal watergraft on Lake George, NY

Old 03-20-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jennifer. Hope we get a response.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

No I don't know Dave White...

Laster- Nothing has been done so far nothing has been needed.

Sunseeker- Thanks!
Old 03-20-2002, 09:58 AM
GRH

Lester... I don't understand the question? Authority to do what unilaterally?

Old 03-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out "SPLASH" magazine. They're a PWC mag and are very vocal about PWC restrictions and they keep up with all the proposed/current laws and restrictions.

I understand your frustrations.
I too have PWC's and there's talk about bans and major restrictions in the central Florida area. We already have bans on PWC use on certian size lakes and various launch ramps don't allow them. I'm not sure If I'll keep them much longer. I don't use them as much as I'd like.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Hey, I'm really more on board with this than my retoric leads one to beleive.

Snailboats hate powerboaters here too and there is a fine line between PWC and peroformance boat.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Man I feel your pain. I love the lakes in NY but my gosh, that state loves to pass laws that stop people from having fun. I think the state motto is "If we can't tax it, let's pass a law to preventing it!!"

Good luck.

Hope to you some of you in late July and early Aug.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Default BANS ARE NOT A JOKE !!!

IF you think that PWC BANS are not comming and comming quick you are wrong.. I have a quad, a dirt bike, a PWC and a Baja, I have been discriminated against in every shape and manor regarding each of them. But in regard to PWC's, they are a blast to ride and alot of fun, at our local lake, the cops pull you over EVERY DAY, and it is HARRASMENT. A lot of lakes and rivers are banning carbed 2-stroke pwc's, so you need to spend about 10,000 to get a 4-stroke pwc or about 8,000 to get a D.I. pwc. What about 2-stroke out-boards,,, another case of discrimination.. The same cops that wave at me as I go blasting by in my NO-MUFFLERED Baja,,, are pulling me over every day on my PWC....There is not much that can be done, but I urge you to do WHATEVER YOU CAN... Soon it will be noisy, gas guzzling big blocks, 2-stroke outboards, and whatever else peopel complain about..

Most PWC rider's are un-educated, reckless and out of control,,,,, Because they dont know any better.. Luckily I was a boater for 15 years before I purchased a PWC and even then I still do stupid things, but at least I am educated.... Liscencing will only do so much,,, beating the **** out of some of the reckless ones would help too... LOL...
Old 03-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

GRH, does the Park Commision have the authority to ban jet skis from the lake? Or will this require action for the NY state legislature?
Old 03-20-2002, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still say fight it, PWC have been on lakes and rivers for over 20years, if you don't like them don't live there. OK maybe that is a little strong, but you get the idea. The second you allow PWC to be banned, next summer it will be those damn loud fast boats, that bother me while I am eating pruns and cleaning my dentures. Then those damn young children playing on the dock, who stay up past sunset. Once you ban one watercraft the forces that age, will ban everything else. My 2 Cents

WILL

I don't like fisherman who fish around my dock or duck hunters, but I don't try to ban them.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

The problem with PWCs on my lake, Chautauqua -Western NY, is that the damm things don't go anywhere. They stay about 100 yards or less from the shoreline and just buzzzzz back and forth and then do a few circles. When one kid or adult gets tired another takes his place On a weekend it is like having your neighbor run a chainsaw all day. It is extremely irritating! One of my neighbors once told me, "you have a loud boat but you get in and miutes later your gone, the god dam jet skis are here all day.

I hate the ****ing things but I also hate govenment regulation. No easy answers!

Quick Reply: Some residents and businesses trying to ban personal watergraft on Lake George, NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.