Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   60+ mph rubber raft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20519-60-mph-rubber-raft.html)

Jolley 03-20-2002 08:59 AM

60+ mph rubber raft

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to show some pics of my insane hobby! Racing these Inflatable Tunnel Boats. It's really awsome running one of these things, plus they're great in rough or calm (just don't blow over :eek: )It also makes a great party boat during the week !

Jolley 03-20-2002 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another one

Jolley 03-20-2002 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more:D

Milord 03-20-2002 09:11 AM

That seems nuts but fun as hell! Thanks for sharing, I've never seen anything like it. :D

Katdrvr 03-20-2002 09:14 AM

Where do you get one od those? That looks like a blast.:D :D

B38 03-20-2002 09:15 AM

Your nuts. But cool as hell

CigDaze 03-20-2002 09:44 AM

Just goes to show ya...You put enough horsepower in anything and it will go fast. That looks like a blast! :D :D :cool: :cool:

glassdave 03-20-2002 09:51 AM

hmmm . . looks like need a bigger motor for my zodiac :D :D

man that thing looks NUTS . . .yer gonna fit in well around here jolley :D :rolleyes: we dont care what ya drive as long as it has more power than it was EVER rated for :cool: :cool: :cool:

Shorgasm 03-20-2002 10:01 AM

Wow!!!.......That looks like a blast........that thing would probably smoke my Bayliner.........:eek:

Good thing I got something up my sleeve this year....;)

glassdave 03-20-2002 10:13 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
case in point
we dont care what ya drive

u-oh . . .you putt'n a whipple on that thing shor

i just had ta take the shot man :D :D :D
what ya got up your sleve c'mon man spill it

Shorgasm 03-20-2002 10:17 AM

Nope not tellin......:D

I see 8-12 MPH in my future though.......:cool:

Jolley 03-20-2002 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought a faster one last Fall for the A.P.B.A OUTLAW class goes 70+. That meens I'm selling the 'GREY GHOST' comes complete,40 4cyl. mariner (change carbs it's a 50) 2 S.S. props tanks all rigged, pit/garage trailer, road trailer,other stuff. Ready to Rock and Roll $3500.00 :D

Jolley 03-20-2002 10:28 AM

Just for clarification thats my new one w/ the flag.

Advantage_Rob 03-20-2002 10:57 AM

I took a demo at metro beach on one of those a few years back. I've wanted one ever since, I've seen you out in muscamoot alot, I remember the inflateable, and the shiny skull cap. See That would make a good trade along with some $$ for the redline, cuz I need one of those to play on behind my place!

Bayley 03-20-2002 12:09 PM

2nd, 3rd, and 4th pictures were up at Indian river, right?
I'm going to assume that was during the race, since I doubt anyone could get away with blasting down the river on a normal afternoon :D . HAve they always ran an inflatable class, or is this something new? Been meaning to check out the races for quite some time now. Is it better to watch from the shor, or lake?

-Bayley

Iggy 03-20-2002 12:45 PM

I saw some of them on TV racing through the surf around a bouyed course.
Is that what you do?
Looked like they were running 40 horse Johnson's.
Those guys were catching some serious air!
Looked like fun.

Jolley 03-20-2002 12:49 PM

Yes, that is Indian River we run in August they had us go 40 miles round trip east-west to Mullet lake, 2-3's into Cheboygan turn around and beat the pi$$ out of yourself back to I-75 at Indian River for the first day finish (big wind from Lake Huron) to the West as the front approached from the North. Day 2 we went North into Burt Lake(storm with wind only, directly Southerly huge waves all diamond&rogue) giving us 3-5's to just hang on and don't lift,the person up-front is the ballast, we used an extra 5 gal. fuel on the second day just 'cause the amount of air time just getting up to the Crooked River around that a few times (shallow lake big waves) then back to finish, hopefully, :) at Burt Lake State park a total of 80 miles round trip in 2 days....... Yeah Baby!!!......... I will say those guys that run those little outboard Hydro's and Runabouts have the real Kahunas. The best part of the year is we get to race at Bay City with all the P.R.O.P tour guys, and at the Gold Cup Hydrofest with the big dogs as a filler class. Those guys are 'real' racers. Just havin' fun.:eek:

Chris288 03-20-2002 12:50 PM

I didn't know SHORE could FIT a real boat up his sleeve ??

:p

Erie Desire 03-20-2002 01:28 PM

Nice boat!!!!
My neighbor has one. Took me for a ride and scared the hell out of me.:cool: His is made by DUX (I think). He takes it to our local hangout. He can stand it on end at crawl speed. What a chick magnet .

Shorgasm 03-20-2002 01:39 PM

Re: I didn't know SHORE could FIT a real boat up my ass !!

Originally posted by Chris232
:p

The first little BAHAHA......I pass this summer is gonna have a picture taken of it and I'm gonna put YOUR face in it.....
:eek:

Go on keep talkin smack man.......my little plan is coming together just nicely......;)

God that's gonna be funny as hell.........You talkin all that **** and be waxed by a Bayliner!!!!!!:eek:

Chris288 03-20-2002 02:33 PM

Shore,, you must be so confused ????

HMMMMMM,,,,, Do you add another GERBIL to the wheel in your GAYLINER,,, or save him for your ASS... :rolleyes:

CigDaze 03-20-2002 02:37 PM

LMAO, you guys crack me up!:D :D

dyno 03-20-2002 02:41 PM

Jolley who did you buy it from? is there a dealer in Michigan?I think I need one!

American Xtreme 05-04-2003 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad to see someone else enjoying these amazing inflatable tunnels. Most Americans have never seen one, although it's a huge spectator sport in South Africa, New Zealand and Austrailia. I know they've been on Real TV, Ripley's, Baywatch, and the new Croccodile hunter movie. Racing in the surf over big breakers is what draws the crowds. We need to pioneer that here as the APBA has already demoted us back to a specialty class. Used to called Super ultra light tunnels. We hope to participate in several poker runs this year in New Jersey, care to join us Jolley? We also hope to make the Topinbee longhaul, I think it's Sept. this year, if it doesn't get cancelled. We are the US master distributor for Xtreme Inflatables, South Africa. Many people feel that our Predator represents the finest example of this type of boat in the world today. Check out our gallery for some incredible air shots. Email us for a free video or a demo ride. Our website is under construction.
Here's our boat:

American Xtreme 05-04-2003 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hairy Air shot!

American Xtreme 05-04-2003 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Big Air.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-04-2003 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And to think I used to do this with 13 foot Bullet...:eek: :eek: :eek:
Here is another inflatable:

American Xtreme 05-04-2003 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a ride in a 13' Bullett with the builder around 1983, could that have been you? Amazing little boat! Built rock-solid. I don't know if it would hold up to the punishment these surf racers put the boats thru year after year.
You gotta hang on tight!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-04-2003 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In 1983, it was probably Tom DeAngelis for whom I worked side by side with. The boats are great and do hold up. At least mine did...

SpectreBoy 05-05-2003 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my buddys kid's boat, DUX HammerHead, with a 50, pumped up to 70 hp, Great boat for a 12 year old, just upgraded 2 weeks ago to this one, this kid will go down in racing history some day, loves boating, smart, and knows how to drive a tunnel boat, the real ones and the blow up ones.

TEAMBAJA 05-05-2003 12:28 PM

Those pictures are totally insane!!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

CigDaze 05-05-2003 12:34 PM

I forgot about those, old thread...But man, that looks like a bunch of fun! :D Those guys get some serious air.

ScottB 05-05-2003 12:40 PM

That's Awesome

Jolley 05-05-2003 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D It is for sale !!!!!!!!! This was Topinabee in 2001 (81mph in the river on radar) X class 110hp at the cleaver! Too insane !:) So I 'retired' (WUSSED OUT) :eek: ;)

Dredgeking 05-05-2003 01:28 PM

i've never seen these boats run up on mullet lake. do they run in the tip o the mit race?

Jolley 05-05-2003 01:38 PM

Hey Dredge.We used to race with the Bay city Formula boats then to the Thunder fest , Wyandotte with the jet skis', Grass Lk with the mods, Pontiac Lk with the GP boats....... but that was the old schedule........ Now it's all different, most of the fun venues have gone away. Too bad, but I had a ton of fun while it lasted!! Poker runs might be an option??? Dyno, this one is built in Mi. it's a Thunder Dux from Dux(duck?) pond boats a guy named Tom owns the company. My friend is the Importer for Ceaser Boats in the midwest, they are also good.

GLH 05-05-2003 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Johno 05-05-2003 06:01 PM

Too much fun

I sold my Thunder duck about 2 years ago, these boats are serious fun. I am originally from South Africa and raced a couple races in SA. I was so pumped when I found out about the boats being available in the US, but these boats are designed to run in the surf and offshore not running around lakes & on flat water...boring in comparison. When you run them like we do here in the US it becomes Checkbook racing. Race these creatures in 6' surf & it takes skill & big balls to handle these machines. Sooner we race these boats in rougher/surf conditions it will thrive as a sport like it has in SA & Aussie. Plus it's affordable, not much more than what you would pay for a PWC.
John

onemomoto 05-05-2003 07:11 PM

Looking for some help. I have 2001 17 foot DUX with a Merc 60 hp I need to sell. Anyone know of a website where I can list this boat?

Johno 05-05-2003 09:42 PM

onemomoto...try this site

http://www.performanceinflatables.com

Try this site. Good luck on your sale
John