Notices

OT - The Golden Telephone

Old 03-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OT - The Golden Telephone

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco, and worked east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read "$10,000 a minute." Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to Heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God. The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Denver, Michigan, Chicago, Milwaukee, and around the United States, he found more phones with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Texas. Upon entering a church in Dallas... behold,
he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read "Calls, 35 cents."

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor. "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but, in other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads 35 cents a call. "WHY?"

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied. "Son, you're in Texas now ..... It's a local call !!!.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amen

Can I get an "AMEN" from my fellow Texas boaters?
Old 03-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amen!