Like Tree0Likes

Need Fender Holders

Reply
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
  #11
Registered
 
JasonSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,333
Default

Here you go. PVC fender holders.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Fender Holders-p1010008-medium-.jpg   Need Fender Holders-p1010010-medium-.jpg  
JasonSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
  #12
Registered
 
JasonSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Marine View Post
Jason -

Those are one of the best ideas and DYI projects I have ever seen!!! Great idea and job!!

Kirk
They are not my idea or mine. Haulinvols (Matt) made them for his Baja.
I think they are a really neat idea & I hope to have mine made by the end of the weekend.
JasonSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
Here you go. PVC fender holders.
NOT TO SHABBEEEE. Very Creative I will say!!
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  #14
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member
 
haulinvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Knoxville TN
My Boats: Boatless again
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
They are not my idea or mine. Haulinvols (Matt) made them for his Baja.
I think they are a really neat idea & I hope to have mine made by the end of the weekend.

Thanks Jason.....I was really happy with the way they came out. I just got sick of trying to find somewhere to put the dang things on a 25 foot boat so I decided to take advantage of unused space in the engine compartment. I could not stomach spending the coin for billet ones when I could make something myself.
haulinvols is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM
  #15
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Donzi John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 2001 Donzi 22 ZX
Posts: 115
Default

Matt those are sweet. I had asked you about them a while back but I couldn't find anywhere to purchase the pvc in that size. I still want to duplicate those if I can ever find any. Anyone know where to get 10" diameter pvc pipe?
Donzi John is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi John View Post
Matt those are sweet. I had asked you about them a while back but I couldn't find anywhere to purchase the pvc in that size. I still want to duplicate those if I can ever find any. Anyone know where to get 10" diameter pvc pipe?
A plumbing supply house.... or a Water Service supply house.. Definately need to go to a supply house..
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
  #17
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member
 
haulinvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Knoxville TN
My Boats: Boatless again
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi John
Matt those are sweet. I had asked you about them a while back but I couldn't find anywhere to purchase the pvc in that size. I still want to duplicate those if I can ever find any. Anyone know where to get 10" diameter pvc pipe?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mmareno View Post
A plumbing supply house.... or a Water Service supply house.. Definately need to go to a supply house..
Yup, I went to a supply house here in town. You won't find this size stuff at your Home Depot or Lowes.

If you ever find yourself in Knoxville, stop by, I will give you what I have left over. At least enough to make two more sets. Not a good way to ship it unfortunately.
haulinvols is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 AM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinvols View Post
Yup, I went to a supply house here in town. You won't find this size stuff at your Home Depot or Lowes.

If you ever find yourself in Knoxville, stop by, I will give you what I have left over. At least enough to make two more sets. Not a good way to ship it unfortunately.
I will be in Knoxville in a week or two. Sold the Baja and meeting the new owner in Knoxville ..

I will definately let you know... Would love to see the patern that your are using

Thanks for the help
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 AM
  #19
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

I am not sure where she bought these holders but they work great for her fenders....




GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:31 AM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Richmond - Ophelia, Va
My Boats: 39' Cig Top Fish, '04 Gladiator, MTI sold, Pioneer, Cig's sold:(
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I am not sure where she bought these holders but they work great for her fenders....




They do work well, maybe too well, fenders like that would be better left out where they are easily grabbed for docking
ciaoderhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
wespin
Cigarette
7
03-27-2008 12:39 PM
Wild
General Boating Discussion
10
04-05-2005 11:46 AM
Here's Johnny
General Boating Discussion
11
03-24-2005 05:17 AM
SMOKE THIS
General Boating Discussion
2
06-12-2004 08:56 AM
Clark Hoesman
General Boating Discussion
10
01-22-2002 03:38 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.