Notices

Side View Mirrors

Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
Jeff,

How much power does your motor make? and what is your top speed?

MP
Gary told me that it was between 1050-1100...the motor has not been on a dyno but after he tuned in the boat and running the numbers it should be putting out around 1075...I have run the boat 132mph with a 36 Labbed prop, but I was still turning 6200-6300rpm, I will have a prop by the weekend that is going to be more like a 37" with alot of cup, should really air the boat out. Plus I have only run the boat once since we fixed the SC belt from slipping, Dustin told Steve that the set up was wrong that Gary didn't have it adjusted right...and boy did it make a differance, I ran the boat weekend before last with a bone stock 34 Bravo myself, and the wife with about 60 gal of fuel turning 6500rpm we hit 128it blew my mind how it woke the motor up, so the run with the 36 Bravo would have been more like 136-137 hell the boat ran 120mph with the 848, so the Teague 900 should push you at least 2 ta 3 mph faster. I am excited for you I really hope you do a RPM it truly is an amazing boat, John Oneal who was @ RPM when I picked the boat up from the winter rode in Steves boat and saw how the boat runs @ those speeds, you can run around a curve @ 115 with no problem...do that with an Eliminator and you will end up wet
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jeff,

Those are good numbers!!

Have you tried a 5 blade prop? When I went from 36 4 blade bravo to the 5 Blade it was a different boat in every way for the better. The guy I sold my boat to put on a set of 6 blades and got even more out of it. Although mine was at the surface more then your is but it may be worth trying.

Those 36 Bravo 4 blades slap the water pretty hard and give a lot of stern lift.

I am talking to Steve about doing a open bow so I will loose about 10 mph. I am not looking for the top number I just want a boat that can go over 100mph any day at high altitude on pump gas. The open bow is a must from the wife so not much choice there.

And yes it does help if the blower belt is not slipping

Let me know how it goes.

MP

BTW- Any luck on side mirrors??
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Jeff,

Those are good numbers!!

Have you tried a 5 blade prop? When I went from 36 4 blade bravo to the 5 Blade it was a different boat in every way for the better. The guy I sold my boat to put on a set of 6 blades and got even more out of it. Although mine was at the surface more then your is but it may be worth trying.

Those 36 Bravo 4 blades slap the water pretty hard and give a lot of stern lift.

I am talking to Steve about doing a open bow so I will loose about 10 mph. I am not looking for the top number I just want a boat that can go over 100mph any day at high altitude on pump gas. The open bow is a must from the wife so not much choice there.

And yes it does help if the blower belt is not slipping

Let me know how it goes.

MP

BTW- Any luck on side mirrors??
With the power I am running I am afraid to run something with more blades, I have run a P5X and a Hering 5 blade... both really made the stern light, believe it or nor the boat runs really flat, it might look like it needs more stern lift but it is happiest running flat, Im hoping that this new prop runs like a SOB which I think it will and bring the RPM's down to around 6000, which is were the engine starts evenin out.

I really think yo will be surprised if he build an open bow, are you doing a full deck boat open bow, are a crawl through, either way there is no way you will lose 10mph, but you will still have a boat that will run 115pluss all day long...and a happy wife, like that ever happens.

And no I have not called Peter @ Skater for some mirrors, Steve had enough to do over the winter with upgrades, I am letting him take a breather, but if I get mirrors, he needs to not order a new cover that I wanted because it wont fit plus I know he is going to say you don't won't those he is probally right, hell what does it matter...no one is going to pass me...hahaha
Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered

Boat running 130plus
Attached Thumbnails Side View Mirrors-100_1355.jpg   Side View Mirrors-dsc01732.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The mirrors would me nice so you can see if the guy you just passed is flipping you the bird

It might not look as cool but maybe a center mirror on the dash behind the windshield. If it was a *****en billet mirror it might look pretty cool and work pretty well. Plus your wife could use it to do her makeup :-)

It would be a crawl thru with a cuddy cabin, Steve is thinking about doing a inner liner so it would be really lite. I am not a fan of walk thru open bows on cats. for that matter I am not a fan of open bow on cats at all but oh well. function over form sometimes.

The 5 blades that I ran did not give any stern lift. I wonder if they had more cup put in them? the guy at Throttle Up (I think that is who I got the props from) may have changed them for my setup.

MP
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered

The mirrors would me nice so you can see if the guy you just passed is flipping you the bird

It might not look as cool but maybe a center mirror on the dash behind the windshield. If it was a *****en billet mirror it might look pretty cool and work pretty well. Plus your wife could use it to do her makeup :-)

It would be a crawl thru with a cuddy cabin, Steve is thinking about doing a inner liner so it would be really lite. I am not a fan of walk thru open bows on cats. for that matter I am not a fan of open bow on cats at all but oh well. function over form sometimes.

The 5 blades that I ran did not give any stern lift. I wonder if they had more cup put in them? the guy at Throttle Up (I think that is who I got the props from) may have changed them for my setup.

MP
Yes The Herings props are bad ass but have no cup what so ever, I really like the look of the side view mirrors, and they usualy flip me off as I pass themlet me know if you are ever down south, we could party. When are you looking on taking delivery of a RPM end of summer? Like I said, if you are headed to RPM let me know or if you want to come on down I will show you what yo get for your money...one bad ass boat
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Might wanna try and get in touch with Wally Lampkin. He used to put mirrors on all his Triad DR-20's and DRX race boats. The old STV Mod VP's had em too. I'm sure the guys down there at RPM know how to get in touch with him.

Has anyone approached RPM on doing a twin OB 26 yet? Not in the cards for me right now, but seems like it would make a great all around lake boat. I'm a big fan of the 24/28 Skaters, but I really like the looks of the new 26 RPM, plus it's got a small cuddy.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ziemer
Might wanna try and get in touch with Wally Lampkin. He used to put mirrors on all his Triad DR-20's and DRX race boats. The old STV Mod VP's had em too. I'm sure the guys down there at RPM know how to get in touch with him.

Has anyone approached RPM on doing a twin OB 26 yet? Not in the cards for me right now, but seems like it would make a great all around lake boat. I'm a big fan of the 24/28 Skaters, but I really like the looks of the new 26 RPM, plus it's got a small cuddy.
You had me questioning my sanity regarding mirors on a DR-20. I had to go back and look at some shots of Wally's DRs. Here's a few shots that I have on my computer. I actually spoke with Wally yesterday. As far as I know most of his customers do not care where you are behind them just that you are.

As for an OB, we have had lots of inquiries but nobody has stepped up to put them on yet. I think that it would be a great combination. I know a couple of pretty good OB setup guys. I think that we could probably make it run pretty well.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Side View Mirrors-wayne2.jpg   Side View Mirrors-capt-ron.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Side View Mirrors...
"And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving. What's-a behind me,,, she no matter." -Franco Bertollini
Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
"And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving. What's-a behind me,,, she no matter." -Franco Bertollini
My favorite movie "GUMBALL RALLY"

Great quote!

Quick Reply: Side View Mirrors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.