Notices

100K cig

Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 100K cig

Isn't this the same cig that was at the repo yard a couple weeks ago that magically disapeared overnight?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o28464-en.html
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Isn't this the same cig that was at the repo yard a couple weeks ago that magically disapeared overnight?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o28464-en.html
Yep, and it wasn't bought for $100K.

It didn't have a trailer there though.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I knew the original owner out of North Palm Beach, FL. Boat was advertsed last year for 139K. The hours are high and those motors have never been opened. All salt water, S. FL runs. Boat had a Myco but was always lift kept. Boat was a 3 way partnership which is part of the reason the hours are up there.

I heard it sold at Liquidators for 80K, asking price was 112K. I suspect the current owner is just trying to flip it before it breaks. It looks to be an excellent candidate for a Lipship redo like he did a few weeks ago with that straight bottom F2 boat.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had called liquidators on it and I guess this guy all ready had his fingers in the mix.

The right side of that engines looks like it might have a little crack developing.

I hope whoever tries to get into that thing takes a real good look at it before they do.

No way that boat sells for 100K in mybook. Not with the otheres that are out there for a few dollars more.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

if 625hrs are right.. that's the most hours ive ever seen someone get out of a pair of nickels
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I had called liquidators on it and I guess this guy all ready had his fingers in the mix.

The right side of that engines looks like it might have a little crack developing.

I hope whoever tries to get into that thing takes a real good look at it before they do.

No way that boat sells for 100K in mybook. Not with the otheres that are out there for a few dollars more.

I had posted a link to it on here....but deleted it after I had bid on it. This guy bought it a few days later for the counter offer to my bid. I think it was too much for the boat at what he bought it for (and out of my range anyways).

Makes me wonder if he saw it when I posted it, or if it's just in the classifieds here as it's the place to sell a boat like that, or he regularly scans the repos for boats to flip.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

i looked at a 38 formula that had over 900 hrs on them in s. fl. saltwater. Still ran good.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rlj676
I had posted a link to it on here....but deleted it after I had bid on it. This guy bought it a few days later for the counter offer to my bid. I think it was too much for the boat at what he bought it for (and out of my range anyways).

Makes me wonder if he saw it when I posted it, or if it's just in the classifieds here as it's the place to sell a boat like that, or he regularly scans the repos for boats to flip.
I had found it also. I check evry week or so for the new inventory. Some of the stuff they just don't mark as new though, so you have to look out for it.