Notices

30' Cat Market Survey

Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by us1kw
The hop can be designed out as it was in the 32. Big Blocks add significant $$. Much more expensive packages, labor, etc....
best boat I have ever owned was a 2005 30' Spectre 300X's (yellow/orange--originally built for Andy H by some guy named Jay ) bought it at 38 hours, lost it at 130 or there-abouts last year (economy )
IMO the nicest 30 you ever put together. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dicudmore
best boat I have ever owned was a 2005 30' Spectre 300X's (yellow/orange--originally built for Andy H by some guy named Jay ) bought it at 38 hours, lost it at 130 or there-abouts last year (economy )
IMO the nicest 30 you ever put together. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
Go buy it. I think its still in long beach.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a 28 but the E-ticket might be something to look at.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

The E Ticket rides are sick, went on quick run around Havasu at Desert Storm last year. Rock solid at 100mph. The 29 deck is top of my short list
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin. The best example of a family friendly design is HTMs 30 footer. In the north east a spot for changing, a portapotti and decent wind protection are a must. Looked at a 31 Awesome and the cockpit size or lack of was my reason of not buying that boat.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin.
One of the reasons I love the Liberator, the cockpit area is huge.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin. The best example of a family friendly design is HTMs 30 footer. In the north east a spot for changing, a portapotti and decent wind protection are a must. Looked at a 31 Awesome and the cockpit size or lack of was my reason of not buying that boat.
HTM? I thought we were talking outboards.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

I was talking about the features of an HTM and what I would like to see in a 30 ft boat. If they could build a boat with the features I mentioned I dont care what powers it.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered

The problem is access to the area under the deck. If you make the cockpit wide you end up with a slab sided design with compromising lines(ugly). Or if you split the helm seats and have a center pod you can access the bow area that way.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by us1kw
The problem is access to the area under the deck. If you make the cockpit wide you end up with a slab sided design with compromising lines(ugly). Or if you split the helm seats and have a center pod you can access the bow area that way.
If I read you correctly I vote for splitting the seats. The door can be twice as wide as doors on either side. Dont know of boat design as far as center pods advantages or disadvantages. I guess it depends on who the boat is going to be marketed to. For the type of boating we do in our area we need a boat that we can have some storage, be able to change out of wet clothes, have a spot for a private portapotti, and have enough cockpit area for all seated to stand and manuever around inside the area when accessing the anchors and anchoring. In our area 90% of the time we anchor or tie up to others and spend alot of time in our boats. Biggest complaint most people I boat with is for the size of the boat there is a very limited area that can be used. I think that is why there is such a movement to performance deck boats out west. In some spots the time spent on the boat after you get there is when most of the fun happens. There are a few big name boat companies out there that produce a boat that has the performane I desire but not the creature comforts. I cant bring home a 30+ ft boat that has less cockpit area than the 17 ft runabout I started with 20 years ago. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Last edited by tbanzer; 04-08-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.