Notices

aluminum trailers

Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I had to rebuild mine from the ground up shortly after I got it, and it was only 2 years old, and the boat lived on a lift! I do know that a healthy trailer relies on a proper build spec. This trailer was at it's limit, but it should not have bent two spindles, in a short time of me owning it. I replaced both axles and ditched the single drum brakes for tandem disc brakes. The main frame rails stopped just past the rear axle, and the aft of the boat only relied on suspended wood bunks for the last few feet. The winch strap broke while winching up the last couple feet and damn near took my arm off. The trailer floated. I had a wheel fly off. I did add my own forward V-bunk setup vs. the factory piece of PVC on one of the cross braces.

They can build a nice trailer, but I know their market area is the cheap end, and that's because they (can) build a cheap product. You get what you pay for. They can build a nice trailer, but don't let them fool you into thinking you are getting a nice trailer for a cheap price.

Search some of my older posts with my screenname and "rocket" as a search word for more info. I'm not the only one who has had Rocket trailer problems. Ask LapseofReason.
Good info...and sorry for your bad experience. We've been fortunate not to have any really bad ones...yet.

The ones I'm familiar with are for 20-30' runabouts, and selection is usually done on cost. As you said, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Ace and am very happy with it. The one thing I do know is I have to float it on and it will line up perfect, if I do it under power it will end up crooked.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a few. South Florida Trailers, Myco, Manning, Seahawk, Fastload, Magicfloat, and a couple more I can't remember.

Personal choices top three: Manning, South Florida, Myco
Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

I have a Magnum and am very impressed. Very stout... welded, not bolted. Good design making loading and unloading very easy. Not sure about true price as it was part of boat purchase but sales agreement has it listed as $7k for triple axle with disc brakes and LED's.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought a new HI- TECH triple axle trailer in June, pretty nice trailer, disc brakes on all three axles.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
I think Nextrail is a real good one aswell !!
I have a Nextrail. No problems.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
I bought a new HI- TECH triple axle trailer in June, pretty nice trailer, disc brakes on all three axles.
I'll second that. My buddy had one for his PowerPlay, very nice and priced well also.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone else ?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Anyone familiar with Venture? They are offering a decent trade in on my 12k triple axle for something better suited to my 29'. http://www.venturetrailers.com/aluminum.html

What do you look for in an aluminum trailer to determine the good from the bad?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Just bought a Venture last week. Only towed once but seemed like it did a nice job. Nice trailer for the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.