Like Tree0Likes

Dollar of Dollar

Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
  #21
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

This actually isn't what I was looking for.

I was hoping you guys would post the killer deals you have found advertised lately.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
  #22
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 29 PHANTOM 36 SKATER 38 POWERQUEST
Posts: 3,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
This actually isn't what I was looking for.

I was hoping you guys would post the killer deals you have found advertised lately.


The best deals never make it to the classifieds!
fantastixvoyage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
  #23
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage View Post
The best deals never make it to the classifieds!
Those are the ones that I am talking about.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
  #24
jcl
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette275 View Post
Enriques old 2003 36 Cigarette Gladiator in Las Vegas for 115k, it would be mine if i was sure that i want a sit down?

Does enriques boat have a Trailer? This Glad seems to be the best bang for the buck and is an '05.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o25259-en.html
jcl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Omaha
Posts: 123
Default

I'm new to the scene, but I have been looking for a while. I want a cat, but this Fountain seems to be a great deal.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27526-en.html
isellpower is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
  #26
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellpower View Post
I'm new to the scene, but I have been looking for a while. I want a cat, but this Fountain seems to be a great deal.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27526-en.html
Fair.

New XR's probably means he broke the old one's. If all he did was add bigger blowers, Then that means his old ones weren't big enough and he had to run it real hard, which makes you need to ask if the engines have been freshend. And then by whom, because it might just be a pile of junk siting there,

Or it could be a decent deal. If it had low hour 525's then it would have sold all ready.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
  #27
Registered
 
sellsman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pickwick Lake, USA
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
Fair.

New XR's probably means he broke the old one's. If all he did was add bigger blowers, Then that means his old ones weren't big enough and he had to run it real hard, which makes you need to ask if the engines have been freshend. And then by whom, because it might just be a pile of junk siting there,

Or it could be a decent deal. If it had low hour 525's then it would have sold all ready.
I know the guy that owns that boat. He is in Memphis. The boat is not at all what you described. If that is in your price range, you should look at it. VERY clean boat. Fresh water.
sellsman11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
  #28
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
I know the guy that owns that boat. He is in Memphis. The boat is not at all what you described. If that is in your price range, you should look at it. VERY clean boat. Fresh water.
Then what was the idea behind adding bigger blowers to those engines?

Did he upgrade the engines, or freshen them.

Boat looks clean, it just has some odd power on it.

I am not a fan of owning a fountain. I will ride in someone elses, but I would only buy one if I could make money on it.

What kind of deals are you guys making up there?
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 PM
  #29
Registered
 
Nightlife1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Decatur, Mi
My Boats: 1988 Baja 280 Force
Posts: 1,184
Default

There is a 1995 38' Scarab at Harrison Marine. If you can get it for the wholesale price, I think would be an excellent deal.
Nightlife1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern NY
My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
Posts: 4,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
This actually isn't what I was looking for.

I was hoping you guys would post the killer deals you have found advertised lately.


A killer deal would, IMO, be in the eyes of the buyer, Yes/No?

A $500K boat in top condition for $250K, IMO, a he!! of a deal. But for someone looking to spend $125K it's double his budget, and for the $25K buyer it's 10X his. Pointless for these two buyers.

Might help to indicate the brand as well as range of size and price you wish to buy in, top shape or a project, there are loads of deals out there right now. I would think if you defined your search data you might come up with some real deals here.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-09-2009 at 05:50 PM.
RaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.