Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thank you Mark Terry aka Dock Holiday... >

Thank you Mark Terry aka Dock Holiday...

Notices

Thank you Mark Terry aka Dock Holiday...

Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I don't know personally what Myco installs, but Dock said they are Chinese. I know my trailer had Chinese bearings in it, and I don't know if the previous owner ever changed them.

Yes, I did get the MaxBrake setup. You do have to play with the adjustment to get it right, but it is THE MF CHIT for towing.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
You must be mistaken. No way a Myco would have cheap bearings. I keep hearing they are the best trailers.

Did you get your MaxBrake installed yet?
I'm certainly one that has drunk the Myco koolaide. They are the best trailer period in my opinion. However all three of my NEW Myco's came with chinese bearings.

They do buy all there axle assemblies from Dana and they are rated as the best in what they do. The problem and Myco really does not have much control on this is that Dana as an OEM that has to purchase bearings out buys on price. We are in a world economy especially when it comes to bearings and many importers claim and do a heck of a sales job on these companies like Dana. They prove their bearings will last and they some the cost savings and these comapnies eat that up and the buyers get a gold star bonus at the end of the year. The problem is that you get what you pay for.

Most of you do not know that Timken runs a steel mill and is the largest supplier of steel to the bearing industry. This is TOP QUALITY bearing steel. They have this control on raw materials and they carry it through to the finished product. As Brian mentioned they also have more rollers than the imports which adds to the load carrying capacity. You get what you pay for but too many axle builders don't want to pay for it.

Jerry Christison with Timken will be here today to buy me lunch so I guess I have now earned it!

Thanks guys and safe trailering.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mark, I left you a VM on this as well, but figured I let the thread run another pass as well. You need to buy another seal installation tool. I am keeping that one! That think works slicker than frog-snot!