Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests? >

Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Notices

Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Old 03-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

My thoughts exactly I cannot understand how a $6.00 orange toilet seat life preserver can be CG approved and the Lifeline race jacket is not. Maybe it has to due with the cost of certification
Old 03-29-2002, 03:48 PM
HavasuCat

I have 2 of the Lifeline jackets and they were $450. each which is alot, but the quality is awesome. They made the vest to match my boat and both vest were fitted to the person they were made for. I think they are worth the price. I have been checked on havasu and the local authorities did not have a problem with the Lifelines.

Old 03-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take 1 if the price is right, I have
outgrown my old one.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:18 AM
kook

Question

Anyone investigate some of the vests made for competitive water skiers or wake boarders or PWC users? Some of those PWC's can get-up some good speed, and I would think there would be a market for an 80 mph PWC vest.

Old 03-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, somebody has to ask this question - so it might as well be me.
Is the standard jacket that can be purchased from West Marine and other retail stores, for about $60.00, unacceptable? Are they not Coast Guard approved? I do understand the speed factor involved. At what speed should you begin to consider a vest upgrade, or is the upgrade not related to a speed increase? Sorry about the goofy questions - I have been hearing about the Lifeline jackets for some time now. I'm trying to understand the massive cost increase.
Jon
Old 03-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Very good point, USCG certification is based on floatation, not the question of will it fall apart at high speed. PWC jackets won't float as long and that is why where you use them is an issue, you will never see the words "off shore" on a type III.
The LIFELINE jackets are pricey, but they are much nicer than a $60 jacket, custom color, very tough fabric, boat logo big across the back, personalized with your name on the breast, and you can return them to LIFELINE if they ever need repair, can't do that at BOAT US.
They also include a colar and leg straps so the vest won't come off. The PR jackets are for speeds of 80MPH and less, and we are certainly less.
They are a long term jacket for people who intend to wear thier jackets most of the time. If you just want to be legal go with the less expensive ones and be done with it.

When we had our USCG safety inspection a couple weeks ago the guy said "best vest out there" etc, he did not look for this tag issue when he inspected the jackets.

Good points have been made and I already have an email off to LIFELINE on this matter.

OVERALL we love our custom LIFELINES and feel safe in them.
If the brand is accepted by the racing community they must be doing something right. I hope I never have to find out how good they are!

JON B, good call on todays weather, looks crappy!
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 03-30-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Registered

Ok everybody, we have tried this before, but for those of you that missed it; SRP Offshore Racing lifejacket SM-XL at $340 + shipping for a minimum of 15 jackets. This jacket normally goes for $425+. We will include crotch straps and an upgrade to leg bands is available. We will also provide 1st name embroidered on the left front chest of the jackets. ($20 extra if somebody requires over XL.) We also manufacture our own AirVest, for racing or pleasure boats with canopies, and we could also offer specials on these. We also make a “Poker Run” lighter weight jacket that sell for $275. As I said, we tried this before, but it got VERY unorganized. If anybody wants to know more contact me. We might look at trying it again.
You can get more information at:
http://www.BenHedrick.com
http://www.SecurityRace.com

Thanks, Ben
PS: I will be in St. Cloud April 5-7...
Old 03-31-2002, 09:38 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Ben, good luck, BBoard talk is cheap, $$$, that is why no group deal went down here or on the HotBoat BB! Truth be known.

Does SRP jackets have the USCG stamp? That is what started this thread.

Good luck and I thank you at SRP and Lifeline for helping keep us safe.
We love our new Lifeline jackets and we wear them!
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 03-31-2002 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Bryan,
The USCG stamp only cost money. Our jackets far exceed the need, it cost between $50-75,000 to get this stamp. We have inquired and since most of our jackets are used in racing and racing doesn't require it, it's just not worth spending the money on the certification right now.
And as far as the other.... You're probablt right.
Also, I'm glad to hear you are wearing your jacket, I'm just sorry its a... Oops, I didn't say that...

Cya, Ben
Old 03-31-2002, 10:00 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Ben, I hear ya.... I know ours are safe and like I said above, when we had our USCG inspection it wasn't an issue.
Yep we wear them, just a personal thing, a few have made a joke or two, but that is okay. The kids got new USCG type II's this year, we did allot of homework on child PFD's, my son hates the colar but oh well.... he'll get over it!

Thanks again. Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?-tuvellvest0001.jpg  

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 03-31-2002 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.