Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend???? >

Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Notices

Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Old 03-31-2002, 09:16 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the VHF installed in the truckster. As soon as I find the CB, I'll install that too. But what's a "FRS" radio?
Old 03-31-2002, 09:24 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Family Radio Service. Those little 14 channel radios. I have two, and I know a lot of other guys have them also. Easy way to say "hey, let's stop for gas" and stuff like that. You can pick them up pretty cheap at Best Buy or someplace like that. They come in handy. They cannot talk to CB or VHF radios though.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Not meaning to bust into the conversation here but i've got a few questions, can anyone answer??

After looking at those pics on partycove.com I thinking pretty seriously that i've got to go to LOTO
Since this is going to be a 11 hour drive- probably only a once a year trip for me-- which weekend is best, memorial/4 th july???
We usually do the PIB run for memmorial day, but the weather doesn't always cooperate, what's the weather/temp at LOTO at that time of year? Any answers are more than I know now,Thanx
Old 03-31-2002, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Got the confirmation from Lazy Days today. Looks like we're staying in C-3. Anyone else in the same building???? Hope not for your sake!

Buck
Old 03-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Man, we're gonna rule that place!! Just remember, this is a family resort....wouldn't want anyone to get kicked out for too much noise.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I can get the little FRS radios with the external collar mic. Much better than holding the radio to your ear all day.

$60 for a pair http://www.50dollarstore.com/shoppin...id=3&prodID=52
Old 04-01-2002, 08:56 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default del sol.................

If you will only be able to make it once a year, I would definitely come during the fourth of July. It is by far the biggest and wildest weekend, this is due to the fact that the majority of the regulars take the entire week off from work if not half of it.....
As far as the weather, well it is Missouri anything can happen, but generally hot and HUMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80's to 90's
Old 04-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

don't listen to Tbone. he has no clue.........

yep, the fourth has better weather than memorial day. i should be down for the entire week.

jbk
Old 04-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Registered

Lazy Days??? Well, I had to jump in on this one...if you do get kicked out...It's just a short stagger down to my pad, towards the end of the cove a few houses down from LD....and yeah, great location to get to all the best spots on the lake, not to mention Party Cove one cove over....

Now, if only Lazy Days would install an automatic keg dispenser in each condo...

WM
Old 04-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks tbone-- July 4 it is then. Actually works better for work anyway. Maybe by that time i'll have my boat done and some time on it---to bring.
Does anyone have any numbers on renting houseboats or even pontoon boats down there. Might be easier than tugging the scarab down, besides iwant a brass pole too!-- No better yet I'll bring the trapeze
How quickly does the hotels fill up for july 4,? in case we don't have a boat.(which would really suck for getting around)

Quick Reply: Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.