Like Tree0Likes

New to this forum, some questions.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

My Boats: Pair o' 700's in a 36

You will definitely see alot of friendly people here. I have only been on here a short time, and any question I have asked, is promptly answered, and answered with a huge list of advice. Most of these guys/gals have been there and done that, and they will definitely steer you in the correct direction! They know the tips and tricks, what works and what doesn't.

Take it for what it is, and enjoy!

Welcome to OSO!!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm View Post
To the OP, the only issue that I see with getting a cat at 24 is getting insurance on it. Most companies wont insure you on a cat if it is your first one, especially if you are under 25. I am only 23, so I ran into all of this while deciding what to buy. Use Stacy at Wakezone, she is the best.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks I have done some research. I can be insured by a few places next year when I am 25, but they told me if I get my father or someone to co-sign with me, that he could get insurance no problem and I could still drive it. So I will go that route for this year. He will probably be able to get insurance through our home, auto, and umbrella and whatever else he has with that agent/company. Thank you though, insurance seems to be a real pain with cats, and high performance boats in general.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

My Boats: 88/08 32' Hydra Cat twin Bandit 540's, 700hp / 2008 66' Fireboat Independence 4-850hp

I had a nightmare finding insurance at a reasonable rate. Most of the auto insurance co's won't touch a Cat hull. I tried Stacy who is the simplest and can hook almost anyone up since she deals in this all day long. Other agents are somewhat lost in boats and especially Cat's. I had my homeowners guy find me a policy which was refused even after they accepted my money. Seems like it went thru several people and none of them noticed it was a cat. When they did they backed out.. Stacy found me a policy at $3500. a year, not bad but too rich for my blood. I used a more local agent recommended by my boat mech. Campisano in Brick NJ. Michelle found me a policy for alot less. Your age is definitly going to be a problem. Better if boats in your fathers name and puts you on as an occasional driver. Good Luck!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 Kryptonite 29'

^^^That is a good way to do it. Get it in your dad's name and have him put you on as an authorized operator. That should work until you can get it insured yourself.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: boatless

you'll find that most here are very helpfull, and encouraging. However you will find an azz in the bunch. Just ignore em when ya find em.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone for responding, I figure every forum has some members like that, but I felt that sometimes things went too far on scream and fly where I originally looked for information. also, too many people hated a certain type of boat on there.