Like Tree0Likes

525 EFI Raw water pump

Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
Make sure to backflush to get all the pieces out.

Backflusing is critical otherwise any remaining impeller still in the system will ruin your brand new impeller and your weekend. Once pump is off, grab your hose and start flusing out the remaining hoses and coolers. Plenty of info on where to start (do a search)
Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 Nordic Thor

I replaced it today. I had plenty of room to do it in the boat and wrapped it all up in a little under 2 hours. Good thing I back flushed because there were some big ole chunks that came back out. Thanks again for your help!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered

Just noticed you are from the Burgh....if I would have seen that earlier I would have come over and helped

Now doesn't it feel better that you did it and feels better in the wallet and your still ready for the weekend. And after crossing the Mon this AM... I saw alot of crap floating down the river
Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 Nordic Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enticer View Post
Just noticed you are from the Burgh....if I would have seen that earlier I would have come over and helped
Now doesn't it feel better that you did it and feels better in the wallet and your still ready for the weekend. And after crossing the Mon this AM... I saw alot of crap floating down the river
What part of town are you from? I've been keeping my eye on the waters too and they still look pretty bad. Luckily I'm heading south for the weekend and probably wont put in down there till the chesney concert