Notices

I miss Budweiser

Old 05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I also received an email back today, very similar to Gino's.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
They got back to me also.

Hello Gino and the crew at OCM,

Thank you for watching the Budweiser Select and Bud Light offshower powerboat over the years, and for getting in touch to share your thoughts. We are always glad to hear from friends of Budweiser Racing.

You mentioned that you were disappointed when Anheuser-Busch announced the 2008 season would be Bud Light’s last as official beer sponsor of the Dave Scott and his championship offshore team.

The voice of fans like you is always important as we consider the future of our sports marketing. We are sharing your thoughts with the Bud Light sports marketing team. For our part, we have enjoyed a great run with both Dave Scott and his crew. They have been great partners.

Beyond that, Budweiser and sports go hand-in-hand. Motorports and fans like you will always be a part of our marketing, and we will continue to brew the same great Budweiser.

Again, Gino, thank you for writing and for voicing your thoughts. Should you have any additional questions or comments, please let me know.

Steve
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Customer Relationship Group
1-800-DIAL-BUD (1-800-342-5283)
www.budweiser.com

What a mealy-mouthed email.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

They must have a from letter ready for us now. Word-for-word I got the same one.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:41 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

pretty much the same thing I got as well.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AB is no longer sponsoring the Champboat races in St. Louis either. It would be a real shame if these races don't continue. Hopefully Billy Seebold will be able to work something out.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scotty - Here is the email I sent to them. Get your people to design up a full page ad and send it to my people and we will get their people to read it :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years AB has become synonomous with powerboat racing, both through Dave Scott and his awesome team and Tim Seebold and his F1 team. However since you got taken over by people only interested in the bottom line it seems as though all the goodwill and respect these teams have built on behalf of AB is being thrown away. Dave and Tim have been amazing ambassadors for your brands and from someone very much involved in marketing its a very serious error of judgement they have made.

I own and publish a number of magazines, all with global distribution and in our powerboating magazine we have reguarly featured the Budweiser boats including on a recent cover. HOWEVER since you have decided to turn your back on Dave Scott and Tim Seebold, and the many thousands of fans worldwide who follow them, we have unfortunately have decided to boycott ALL brands of beer and products produced by AB, its parent company and associated groups. I am also in the process of putting together a full page advert which will run not just in our powerboat magazine, but ALL of our magazines, encouraing everyone out there involved in motorsports to boycott your products until such time as you see the error of your ways.

I highly reccomend you talk to your new owners and suggest they look at the benefits they received from being involved in these sports as in the end turning your back on those sports who have supported you will hurt both your reputation AND your bottom line which your new Brazillian owners seem to value more than the relationships that have been built over decades by Augie Busch.

So in closing I, and thousands of competitors, organisers, fans and supporters urge you to seriously consider your next move very carefully.

Oh and please dont insult me with one of your form letters that seem to be standard in answering customer complaints. I would suggest its in your best interests to pass THIS email up the food chain.

Ned Dawson
Owner & Publisher
Oceania Media Group.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

well said Ned....how ya been?

coming to Detroit this year?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

http://www.thunderboats.org/history/history0038.html
Here's the guy that got and kept Bud involved.
ed