Like Tree0Likes

Guilt/Luck?conscience??? 26 nova

Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 PM
  #21
Useless member of society
VIP Member
 
LaughingCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302, '03 Lip-Ship Cigarette Gladiator
Posts: 2,943
Default

I know of a late 80's nova spyder that would fit your needs. it has relatively low hours, but due to lack of use, it needs engine, drive and cabin work. Since you plan to replace motors drives and cabin, it should be great. Boat is in Pinellas County, FL area. Let me know if you are interested. He'd likely do it for 7000-7500.
__________________
"Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me." - Queen
LaughingCat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
  #22
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
Posts: 8,667
Default

its a wellcraft...check the transom bulkheads and stringers CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!
phragle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 AM
  #23
Registered
 
johnny g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
My Boats: Sonic 30SS
Posts: 372
Default

Make this guy an offer!
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...page=out&id=70

Last edited by johnny g; 05-26-2009 at 07:02 AM.
johnny g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 AM
  #24
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member
 
Need-the-Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Watkins Glen, New York
My Boats: 1997 Fountain 24 CS, 2002 31 Fiesta Vee, 2005 Xtreme Cooler ATC
Posts: 1,442
Default

I'd get the blisters taken care of then give the guy the bill!! If the guy can't sleep at night, I'd ask him if he'd like the boat back in his drive way....no strings attached just your money back....and THEN RUN.
Need-the-Speed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
  #25
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Boats are touble, even if they're in good shape they're a headache. I see no reason what-so-ever to SEEK out trouble with this boat, it'll find you no matter what boat you have. Go to David Pascoe's site below, if this doesn't scare you away from this boat I have a bridge to sell you.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/blisters.htm
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
  #26
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
c_deezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, OH
My Boats: 88 240 with a new lease on life
Posts: 2,460
Default

This is an effort in futility, I think I saw another thread that he already bought it....
c_deezy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM
  #27
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 41
Default

It's not bought yet....I did give a 500 deposit, but I spoke to the survey guy here in Mich today and he said WAITTTTT!!!!! He said for 100 he can tell me yay or nay...300 if i need a full work up and write up. The seller DIDN'T like hearing AT ALL that I'm planning to survey it. Perhaps he knows something I don't. I'd rather walk away and lose 600 than pay 7500 for a rotted out pos... Thanks guys for the recommends..
onpointe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
  #28
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member
 
t500hps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 7,921
Default

If the seller didn't like hearing about a surveyor......then he knows something he doesn't want you to find!!!!
t500hps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 PM
  #29
Registered
 
jeff32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St-Hyacinthe, quebec, canada
My Boats: 2000 triple 500 efi Sonic 45
Posts: 6,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onpointe View Post
It's not bought yet....I did give a 500 deposit, but I spoke to the survey guy here in Mich today and he said WAITTTTT!!!!! He said for 100 he can tell me yay or nay...300 if i need a full work up and write up. The seller DIDN'T like hearing AT ALL that I'm planning to survey it. Perhaps he knows something I don't. I'd rather walk away and lose 600 than pay 7500 for a rotted out pos... Thanks guys for the recommends..
you did the right thing...
jeff32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 AM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chesapeake Bay
My Boats: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onpointe View Post
It's not bought yet....I did give a 500 deposit, but I spoke to the survey guy here in Mich today and he said WAITTTTT!!!!! He said for 100 he can tell me yay or nay...300 if i need a full work up and write up. The seller DIDN'T like hearing AT ALL that I'm planning to survey it. Perhaps he knows something I don't. I'd rather walk away and lose 600 than pay 7500 for a rotted out pos... Thanks guys for the recommends..
Thank goodness you listened to the advice given. Plus, as already said, if the person didn't want you to (or want to "wait" for) a survey that should have sent up a HUUUUGE RED FLAG.

Best of luck to you.
Apathetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.