Like Tree0Likes

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: 16 Donzi 41 Saber 27 Magnum 35 Chris Craft Commander

It's really hard to even read What language is most of this thread in?

Funny Chit Phantom With the right sun you might get a halo off his chains

Nice Playboy

NK
Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

That is a nice (and quick!) response from Martin Sanborn, and an understandable factory persepctive. It is a bummer for Sake, but you have to move forward with paint in order to sell it......!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
That is a nice (and quick!) response from Martin Sanborn, and an understandable factory persepctive. It is a bummer for Sake, but you have to move forward with paint in order to sell it......!
Fully agreed

UD
Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Great response from Fountain, although not that it helps you, it certainly clarifies problem surrounding this issue.

On a related (sort of) note, there was some gel coat cracking in the black painted portion of my old PowerPlay (1997). It was a stripe on the deck. I took it to a highly respected fiberglass repair shop here in CT and had the owner look at it. He said that black on a horizontal surface of a boat has a tendency to age much faster than lighter colored areas, in essence the sun "bakes" the life out of the gel in a very accelerated manner and it is prone to cracking, fading, etc far earlier than lighter colors. In the end he said it was just cosmetic and I elected to leave it, but I learned a lesson though.

Oh BTW...you might want to change the title of this thread now...just a thought.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Great response from Fountain, although not that it helps you, it certainly clarifies problem surrounding this issue.

Oh BTW...you might want to change the title of this thread now...just a thought.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 42 2009 38 LX

I have had many Fountains and have had excellent service out of all of them. I have had no warranty problems at all and one big problem on my old 1999 42 with big power and it was out of warranty. Fountain fixed the boat for FREE. Black gel on the top deck is bad news but some people want black. Maybe Fountain would give you a small discount on freshening up the gel if you sent it back to the Factory.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithimports.com View Post
I have had many Fountains and have had excellent service out of all of them. I have had no warranty problems at all and one big problem on my old 1999 42 with big power and it was out of warranty. Fountain fixed the boat for FREE. Black gel on the top deck is bad news but some people want black. Maybe Fountain would give you a small discount on freshening up the gel if you sent it back to the Factory.
its overseas not here, for what it cost to ship here and back he could paint it there cheaper, and from what I got from fountian it sounds like it was already inspected by fountian for that defect before sake bought it. after ten years my black stripe on my deck did the same thing its two feet wide, I thought it was from buffing lil white spots sorry to hear this sake good luck my man. and you write fine, god speed
Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: 353 Fastech

When I step on the Purple section on my deck my feet burn....I could not even begin to imagine how hot black would get.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Registered

My Boats: Fountin 29 fever 600sci

Thanks you all!

Martin is a serious man and he was fast with the reply so that is great!!.

i understand now why there is no warrenty any more, so that is ok now.

the only thing i want to say now is that whe talk about a

1year old boat!! and not a 10 year old boat. the should stand behinde there produckt and fix the boat,.

there are more things that are not good about the Fountain, i wil let this things know to Martin first and see what the wil do with that.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Registered

Default fountain

I think Sake is right about the fact his boat is only 1 year old ...
By the time his sales rep inspected the boat in october ,the boat was not even a year old ?
I don,t know all the details ,but if the boat was send to Europe after production ,there must be really something wrong with the gel ,because when the boat arrived in Europe the fading process is going to slow with 50% because of we don,t have as much sunlight burning as in the US,because its always raining here
So if the boat was sitting on a trailer for example at a Fountain dealer in Florida ,the gelcoat issues must be started to seen in a few weeks I guess ?

I can however understand the warranty standpoint from Fountain,What I don,t understand is the fact that they do nothing to help him out ,I read here Fountain fixed issues on an older out of warranty Fountain... anyway if it was my factory I would try to find a boat manufacturer in Europe / Netherlands that could help Sake ,and make an agreement on partial cost for both Sake and Fountain.

BTW,hows my spelling ? I,m from the Netherlands too.

A.J