Notices

any one run'n st.cloud

Old 03-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking St. Cloud race

When I raced there it was on Lake Tohopekaliga.It is best suited and you watch from the St.Cloud city docks,unless you have a boat.It's good racing.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

There really isn't a bad place along lake shore drive to view the race, lookin forward to meeting a bunch of you, Still can't believe they have a offshore race in a lake, but I guess I can't complain since I live a mile from there, see ya
Old 03-29-2002, 08:28 AM
Offshore Addiction

The race is held at East Lake Tohopekaliga - in previous years they have a small carnival- great for the kids!!!! And the parade is on Saturday morning..... See you all there....

Old 03-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Registered

Still think all that is going on again this year too, I hope
Old 03-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kent mu Man!!

Looking forward to meetin ya!
I think I owed you the first beer resulting from a nasty llama racing incident...
Old 03-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Registered

Cool Skatermike 24

The first race I ran there the wind was blowing out of the south about 20 knots and gust to 30. making the turn at the NE corner and run west the waves were 2-3ft and back to back.We were in a 25 Motion with 2.4os merc's.The boat was the ex Assualt boat that Jack bought from Edwin Sheer,the motors laid down on us in the beginning of the race and we were get passed by the Stock class boats(what a *****)for the first 2 laps.They came online and I started runnig the boat as hard as I could running a buck+ on the south side and to fast on the north.It was so rough that some of the boats wouldn't run 55,we ran 80 and reeling them in.
We had passed everybody except Wildcat & Mixed-E-Motion with 2 laps left and time to win we ran back down the south side in the smooth water,I trimmed as high as I could to bleed every MPH,at 103 the bottom delaminated at the step under my ass,looking in our roostertail at yellow pieces of the bottom combined with a sudden loss of 30 mph we had to do what they said don't do,turned right and stay on plane behind the spectator fleet back to the lagoon on a plane all the way to the boat ramp.With both pumps running we managed to get her on the trailer before it sank.Shorty after Mixed-E-Motion came in with the bottom coming out of their boat too.

A great place for a offshore race! Looking at the big picture the wind could be cranking up this time too but ya can't be scared.
Lonnie