Notices

I predict a 36 Skater to be first to the bridge in NYC this weekend

Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
I heard from someone in the boat that they were 155+ for over 12 miles , and they were having fun playing with the johnny and the mti. When they wanted more speed they bumped up the trim and it was up to 162 for the run. 168 was while testing in the great south bay.
LOL... because that's how you make a cat go faster, by bumping up the trim! I guarantee you, at 168 and 1550 Sterlings.... it wasn't even tucked deep in.

Joe

Last edited by Joe; 06-21-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My point was, they weren't running full out, they were just having fun.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

My point was, they weren't running full out, they were just having fun.
I knew that... it was just too hard to pass up! --- all in good fun!

Joe
Old 06-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Also he had is young son onboard as well. From what I saw on the video if the MTI wanted to run with the Skater it did and if it wanted to be first to the bridge im sure JT could have made that happen. They were just out there for a cruise. Also the top speed of the Skater that I was was like 155 or so in the video. The 168 was on the left of the GPS for fastest recorded speed. No doubt the Skater is fast but if the MTI wanted to run I believe it would have been in front. Congrats to Joey and Dr. Bill on running great!
Great hanging out with you!

Hey, I thought no back-seat passengers if running over 110-115 mph?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
Mike (owner/driver of the MTI) probably wasn't all to worried about "getting the business" from anybody, he has very little seat time in that boat (or any cat at those speeds), so I think you will see that boat just out for fun and not worry about who was the fastest (hence why the engines are turned down).
Watch the video when it's released and you'll have your answers. Kinda shocked they ran 155 with the family on board, not such a good idea IMHO. They were in front almost 1/2 - 3/4 the way to the bridge.

Also, those guys loaded up on the trailer and didn't show up for the party... They were given awards and weren't there to collect. Not sure why they ducked out.

I heard from someone in the boat that they were 155+ for over 12 miles , and they were having fun playing with johnny and the mti. When they wanted more speed they bumped up the trim and it was up to 162 for the run. 168 was while testing in the great south bay.
Doc said the same thing when I was talking to him and Vinny after the run. Were you on the Skater with Vinny?

Also, I definitely saw 161 in the video.

But anyway, I digress....it's a poker run and not a race!

Last edited by Panther; 06-22-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Watch the video when it's released and you'll have your answers. Kinda shocked they ran 155 with the family on board, not such a good idea IMHO. They were in front almost 1/2 - 3/4 the way to the bridge.

Also, those guys loaded up on the trailer and didn't show up for the party... They were given awards and weren't there to collect. Not sure why they ducked out.

Doc said the same thing when I was talking to him and Vinny after the run. Were you on the Skater with Vinny?

Also, I definitely saw 161 in the video.

But anyway, I digress....it's a poker run and not a race!
No, i never made it down, just relaying info i got from someone in catisfaction during the run.