Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cafe' Racer's -  Need pics of your boat on the trailer >

Cafe' Racer's - Need pics of your boat on the trailer

Notices

Cafe' Racer's - Need pics of your boat on the trailer

Old 03-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jim, my friends cafe does the same exact thing on a myco trailer. He doesn't care cuz I always tow it for him, but it bounces when towing, and thats not good. We never do much more than dump it in, in the spring, and pull it in the fall though... all 30 mph roads with no hills. I am really getting on him to re-do the whole trailer this summer, it's getting a bit rusty, and that's a good time to fab up some new stuff, plus he's done fixing the boat up I think. I'll have to print this out for him, and get some pic's scanned for this board. It's an 87' cafe all re-done and really nice looking with fresh 540's about to go on the dyno any day and ssm3a's.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

Rob, I'd like to see those pic's when you get them.

I want to fix my trailer right. I figured if I saw everyone else's trailer I could decide for myself which design would work best for me. Maybe none of the others with Cafe's have trailers...
Old 03-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Registered

The Cafe's seem to be unique. At least from my experience. The eye sits really high on the bow and boats all seem to sit bow high on the trailer. It might just be the hull design but the taller bow stops need more support than the shorter one. I was just wanting to see how the tall bow stops and winches were constructed. If I'm going to re-do it, I may as well do it right. Thanks for the input.

Don't frown, those 31' Sonics Rock.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:41 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wouldn't you also want to get the bow stop right above the bow eye? Not only to eliminate the bouncing, but to help keep things(read boat) from sliding forward on those sudden stops. In addition to a bow strap to the trailer frame itself.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:57 PM
cast

Default trailer

we can make you the winch stand for the35 cig that will fit your trailer south fla trailers 954-966-0580

Old 03-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Registered

How much?
Old 03-31-2002, 02:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I bet it will be more than free
Caleb
Old 03-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Banned

Winch stands don't cost too much, we paid about $45 or so when we were building trailers, that was wholesale though.

I had a problem with a Rinker aft cabin I own, the eye would make the strap want to run under the bow stop when first winching, but as the boat came up, the strap needed to be above the bow stop. There was also the problem of a pulpit to deal with too. Here is how I solved it. It may work for the cafe also.

Also, you may want to check the winch itself, the boat in the picture bent a heavy duty two speed winch enough that the gears wouldn't mesh on the first trip.
Attached Thumbnails Cafe' Racer's -  Need pics of your boat on the trailer-bowstop.jpg  

Last edited by cuda; 03-31-2002 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Default Bow hookup

I always have the boats bow eye " below" the bow stop. I believe this adds a little protection against the boat coming over the top in an emergency stop. Also, I always use a 2" ratchet strap over the nose of my boat hooked to the trailer on either side. I would not depend on the trailer ratchet keeping tight and secure on a long trip. Never ! This particular strap eliminates all bouncing on the highway. I also use a 2" strap over the engine hatch area and two straps from the stern eyes to the back of the trailer. I have large pads permanently built into my straps to protect the gelcoat.

After I added this strap arraingement, my towing became much smoother and more comfortable, not to mention safer.

Good luck with your towing.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

Jim,

Mine uses a separate bow stop and winch stand. The bow stop is adjustable for launching on steep ramps. I think a winch stand angled forward would work on your trailer.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Cafe' Racer's -  Need pics of your boat on the trailer-fountainbowstop.jpg