Notices

Cumberland..Memorial day

Old 05-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by WETTE VETTE
US1,
Do you know of a yellow 29' Fountain with twin 454 mags with Nickerson 250 blower kits on them? There was a guy that came to LaPorte a few times from Lafayette with that boat. I think his name was Pete Wolf. I know he used to go to Cumberland often. Just curious because I haven't seen him for a couple of years. Thanks!
Yep, but not personally. When there are only 3 Fountains here that I know of and I have one, Pete has one, and a mutual friend has the other, kinda hard to at least not know of each other. Plus my sister and brother-in-law know him, so I get the inside scoop every so often.

Jerry
Old 05-17-2002, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Small Falls are in otter creek. The best way to find them is to head into otter creek and just stay to the right it is not the eaisest place to find. You have to weave between a few islands. Once you go around the long point stay to the right head between the Islands and you will find it. If not I will be out at the dam a 5 EST a 24 Baja teal purple and pink with a 22 baja purple and gray.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

US1;

We're staying right down the road from you at the Bandit Resort...if you call it that. We got the last 3 rooms, ther's 7 going down with me maybe we can all grill out and do some (more) drinking one night. I've always put in at Jamestown, any reason you prefer state dock? I know parking really sucks @Jamestown, any other reason?
Old 05-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

jdnca1, here are the reasons i prefer state ramp over jamestown!! no charge to launch; less conjested, cleaner and better ramp. your truck and trailer are at the water also. i hope this helps you. see ya at the lake; bill
Old 05-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Angry Damn I wanna go!!

Too bad I can't push this baby thing back to November! Doubt if the wife would appreciate that very much! Oh well, save a spot for me next year, guys. I guess I'll just have to live my life vicariously though others.

Have any of you all ever put in at the dam? We kind of like the ramp there - not as steep pulling out, nice and wide (for the wife backing down sideways ), and clean bathrooms (according to her - doesn't matter much to me!) We usually find a nice cove nearby to drop anchor and stay the night. Plus, you're closer to the Falls!
Old 05-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Default The dam ramp

Don't give that little secret away!

It's perfect, close to Grider, the Falls, and it's free!
Old 05-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Wink Welllll, it's kinda' free....

Of course they put that little "donation" envelope on your windshield. We usually stick a couple bucks in there, just to help pay for keeping the place up.
Old 05-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cumberland Memorial Day

I will be there, hope the weather warms up high was 51 this weekend. Lake level is high (in the tree lines) but water is clear from Jamestown to the dam.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

Things are looking much better now!! Going to put the Sunsation in the water tomorrow and see how things go. If all goes well then I should be able to get it together for Thursday.!!
Old 05-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jdncal,

Don't recall Bandit, but never really paid much attention. I have tunnel vision. All I see is the ramp. Is Bandit between me and State dock, or me and Jamestown?

BAJABOAT, meet you at the damn! Or earlier at the Falls.

Jerry

Quick Reply: Cumberland..Memorial day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.